Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Forgive me if anyone already brought this up, but what about the arcade next to Space Mountain by the Star Trader shop? There's a lot of room in that 2-story building for a futuristic restraunt or an attraction, isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Does it stink because it's done retro, or because it's just not done well?

I think the retro idea is great because it fits in with the whole "fantasy" element of Disney. All of the other lands are charicatures of what they're trying to represent... Main street is reminiscent of the turn-of-the-century. Adventureland is a larger-than-life jungle representation. Frontierland is an idealized picture of the old west... otherwise we'd have white men running Indians off of their land.

Why not drop the serious tone of the world of tomorrow, stop trying to approach it from a scientific perspective, and create a fantastical vision of what tomorrow could be? It's Disneyland.... it's OK to bend the rules a bit.
    I don't know how much better they could do it as far as the building design goes

I agree that the realistic view of Tomorrowland could/should go away (I laugh at people who claim this's the way it should be because this is the way Innoventions still IS and they want it dead)

I just dislike this retro outlook mostly because I don't really like the brown and old schoolishness of it

I think that a Sci Fi look would still give people the idea of a fantasy/perfect future while also maintaining excitement

Sci Fi also works better because it matches the space port theme of several of the rides

• Welcome Home.

First off 'Hi everyone!' *new to the board*

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but I would love to see the color scheme that Hong Kong Disneyland has...(i'll look for a pic of it) But I saw a pic of the Astro Orbitor with Space Mtn in the background. Astro Orbitor was exactly like our except it was silver and all of the 'planets' were different metallic colors and were painted as if they were real planets. It looked really sleek and colorful the way the future should be lol

--Lozo

• Welcome Home.

Ugh I can't find the picture but I remember seeing it on the Annual Report someone had posted on the one thread. Here's the pdf address...so far i believe the picture is only on this version not the html version. It's on page 5-7.

--Lozo
    Last edited by Lozo; 01-24-2005 at 09:41 PM.

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I agree that the realistic view of Tomorrowland could/should go away (I laugh at people who claim this's the way it should be because this is the way Innoventions still IS and they want it dead)

I just dislike this retro outlook mostly because I don't really like the brown and old schoolishness of it

I guess the critical element that we both agree upon is that the driving force behind any refurbishment of TL should NOT be based upon a serious view of the future. As long as it's tied to that, the land will always feel incomplete and dated (I remember my last trip to Innoventions when they made digital cameras and Photoshop seem like a big deal!)

Either way, retro, fantasy, sci-fi.... as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously, I think it would greatly benefit from the new outlook.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• /sigh

So, what would be better... a fantastic new E-Ticket attraction in TL, OR a new facelift to TL?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    So, what would be better... a fantastic new E-Ticket attraction in TL, OR a new facelift to TL?
    well for right now I think I'll take the facelift but only if they alter things like I've said

Oribter up, Cosmic Waves Fountain in front, blue/silver sci-fi paint scheme, extra neon effects, animatronic show at a new resturant, Rocket Redds left open for a new attraction

and possibly this idea I've had called Cosmic lights to go were Cosmic Waves is now (fiber optics in the ground that at night do different effects as you walk accross the surface)

of course if they could fit something like the Flying Saucers in there I might not object to that either (hey WDW's getting em)

• /sigh

I'd say a new ride over a facelift. Right now, there's not much to do (especially with Space Mt. down). Although, the park is meant to be family oriented, I would love to see more "big kid" rides in that area. I hardly find myself going over there much anymore, unless it's for yummy pasta! : )
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

I'd say a new ride over a facelift. Right now, there's not much to do (especially with Space Mt. down). Although, the park is meant to be family oriented, I would love to see more "big kid" rides in that area. I hardly find myself going over there much anymore, unless it's for yummy pasta! : )
    true but Space will be open again before there'd be time to put in a big new ride

and we'll be getting Nemo soon enough so that will help counterbalance the East side of the park with the Western side

and I think Buzz will be pretty darn reridable (I still hope they'll print your score out on your picture unlike WDW's because if you have your score then you have PROOF and can brag and keep playing and buy more pictures )

• /sigh

So, what's the Buzz ride supposed to be like? Is it similar to Rogger Rabbit in the fact that you sit in a little buggie type cart and twirl around?

And the Nemo thing...is it an actual ride using the subs?

• Banned User

Buzz is a tradtional onmi mover... where you can "turn" the vehicle around. Their are guns connected to the cars where you shoot at targets. Think it like... hmmmm I am not sure.. perhaps Mr. toad and roger-rabbit.. (Dont know.. havn't been on RR or MR .Toad...)

• /sigh

Sounds...well, more interesting than RR. At least it sounds interactive. I hope the sets aren't just cheezy carboard cut outs painted with neon florescent paint...

So, what's the Buzz ride supposed to be like? Is it similar to Rogger Rabbit in the fact that you sit in a little buggie type cart and twirl around?

And the Nemo thing...is it an actual ride using the subs?
    Buzz Lightyear will have a joystick for moving around your omnimover car but you can turn it any direction you want

and the Nemo thing well nobody knows, I have heard that the projection effecs are cut from the budget but that it will have AA's and a dry for wet effect as the AA's will not be underwater (but yes the same sub vehicals I believe

Sounds...well, more interesting than RR. At least it sounds interactive. I hope the sets aren't just cheezy carboard cut outs painted with neon florescent paint...
    there's a mix

Buzz and Zurg are real AA's with full motion (Buzz's face is a rear projection kinda similar to Leota except her's is a forward projection) but there will also be flat targets

our Targets are supposed to be more responsive then the ones in WDW (aka more stuff happens if you shoot at a target and hit it)

• /sigh

Any prizes or certificates for "good aim" etc...?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast