View Poll Results: Visitors... What do you think DCA needs most?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATMOSPHERE: Ie Blue Bayou restaurant, Sleeping Beauty Castle, or the nations of EPCOT

52 46.43%
  • THRILLS: The rides are too sparse or too tame

11 9.82%
  • FAMILY OPTIONS: DCA needs more for the kids and toddlers to do

3 2.68%
  • SIZE: The park needs all of the above, just MORE of them

46 41.07%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: California Adventure's Missing....

The answer really is all the above....

It needs rides that can please the whole family, that is tame enough for the little ones, yet thrilling enough for the older ones... With tones of admosphere located not so far away from eachother as they are currently...
    Check out my other blog:

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well then if all of the above is the correct answer, it must have been a well made survey! LOL.

• Hooterville, USA

DCA needs to start over and use a well thought out plan. Here's mine. Make it free to get in, but you have to pay to get out! That should generate tons of money. Pretty easy huh?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    DCA needs to start over and use a well thought out plan. Here's mine. Make it free to get in, but you have to pay to get out! That should generate tons of money. Pretty easy huh?
    Hilarious!!!!! LOL!!!

Here's a question... are we all just a bit bored with DCA cuz it is like taking a vacation to California when we already live here? (most of us)????
    Don't you think that people from outside CA. find it a nice place to visit??
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1
    Don't you think that people from outside CA. find it a nice place to visit??
    I loved it, and I'm from so far outside of California that we call it something different and are technically another country (although current politics may make it seem that we are the 51st state). Maybe because I'm not surrounded by it every day, but I found the 'idealised' version of the US to be a fun retro-kitsch thing. I absolutely loved the Grizzly Bear Peak and surrounding areas, which I think were so well done. It was by no means a rival to the park next door, but does it really need to be? It's a nice compliment to it, and in time, it will build its own audience.

I'm not sure why people think nobody goes there. I mean, look at these crowds:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v342/L...urrent=057.jpg

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    California Adventure's Missing....
    No it's not, it's still there. It's just in DL's shadow. eh. eh. eh... I crack myself up.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Sock Puppet

Well, DCA will never be as great as Disneyland Park. I mean, that park was the only one Walt Disney walked almost weekly! He is still there, I feel him there. DCA however, is a mix of great and terrible theming:

Great: Grizzly Peak Recreation Area: That area has evolved into IMHO one of the most beautiful scenes in any park, Disney or non-disney, anywhere in the world. The trees have taken root and everything is taking shape. It especially is magical when you wake up in the morning when staying at the Grand Californian and look out the window and see that bear staring back at you.

Pacific Wharf: Beautiful themeing with tide pools and fishing nets, buldings are pretty. But nothing really exciting. Needs a dark ride or something. Maybe and IJA type ride themed to Alcatraz

Okay: Condor Flats: The outside area is kind of drab and unexciting. However, it is true to the form of a real desert airstrip. There is not much vegetation, only cacti and rocks. There is a runway. There is even a plane. The shop is beautiful, but in IMO, the food at Taste Pilot's grill leaves something to be desired. Soarin' Over California is a mix of perfection and just terrible. When you are in the outside queue, snoozer. When you are in the first inside area and you look up, you see clouds floating buy, pretty. On the walls are mini bios of the pilots, and flags honoring them. I love that. However, the final corridor is a real snoozer. Finally when you are about to board you have the most entertaing pre-show for a ride yet, and once you enter and are strapped in, and the lights are turned down low, it is the most romantic place in Disneyland or DCA. The lights ont he ground, blinking and music playing, I'll stay there all day. The ride is the best ride ever.

Bugs Land: I like the cereal box at the entrance and oversized theming. Rides are just too kiddy.

Hollywood: The main thoughfare is beautiful, almost like the real thing. I love the forced perspective at the end of the street where it looks like it keeps going. The rides are great here on a whole now, but not enough themed restarants.

The Bay Area: I like the theming, but nothing to do except Golden Dreams.

Terrible:

Sunshine Plaza and Entrance: I can't say much but that I just hate it! Not enough themeing. Too generic like a bad RCT3 park.

Paradise Pier: Some here are good, like the little beach and waves when on, but the rest of it like the boardwalk games are cheap and are rip offs. The rollercoaster is fun, but the other stuff is just the things you'll find at the county fair, except the sun wheel.

I think DCA needs more space (close the parking lot), more E-Ticket attractions, more theming in the bad areas, better sightlines, and should've put in a berm.

Maybe at the tenth anniversary it will work out better...

• aka Boobie Miles

What DCA is missing is good heavily themed thrill rides which DL is full of. TOT is the only one that comes to mind. Make some rides like Rock n Roller coaster in hollywood. and cloned rides are perfectly fine. except for the people who travel to WDW and DLR and the other parks around the world, southern californians havent rode those rides so its like a brand new original ride
    Boobie Miles 'll burn you!!!
    And so will the rest of the Panthers!!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by terminatorX
    What DCA is missing is good heavily themed thrill rides which DL is full of. TOT is the only one that comes to mind. Make some rides like Rock n Roller coaster in hollywood. and cloned rides are perfectly fine. except for the people who travel to WDW and DLR and the other parks around the world, southern californians havent rode those rides so its like a brand new original ride

I agree. But MiceChatters are vehemently opposed to cloning and dont understand the economics of scale, and the value in reproducing attractions that they already have blueprints for.

Give it time... It will be great. Remember Disneyland opened on a shoestring budget as well.

Just forget that SeaDisney was a 3 billion dollar investment :P

"I agree. But MiceChatters are vehemently opposed to cloning and dont understand the economics of scale, and the value in reproducing attractions that they already have blueprints for."

No, we oppose cheap clones. Why do we get the 'lesser' experience. Why is our ToT pale in comparison to EVERYONE else's? If anything, a clone several years later should be better! Like SeaDisneys Indy.

I would like to see some form of transportation. If you want to go there you walk, then back.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well the final results are in... YOU VOTED as follows.

View Poll Results: Visitors... What do you think DCA needs most?

ATMOSPHERE: Ie Blue Bayou restaurant, Sleeping Beauty Castle, or the nations of EPCOT 52 votes 46.43%

THRILLS: The rides are too sparse or too tame 11 votes 9.82%

FAMILY OPTIONS: DCA needs more for the kids and toddlers to do 3 votes 2.68%

SIZE: The park needs all of the above, just MORE of them 46 votes 41.07%

Interesting how much of you agreed with the earlier consensus about the placemaking project. Let's hope they build out a park that is true to the Disney vision of promoting something a little bit better than the outside world. Disneyland is an improved version of America circa 1900, the tropics, the Wild West, the fairytale kingdoms and the future.... They hit on all these great themes already. So let's hope the new DCA will evoke a true land to discover, either more emphasis on the California theme or else a patriotic Americana overlay or something awe inspiring not a STUDIOS / Pixar overlay. I hope even Lassiter doesn't want a Pixar Carnival but rather something on par with the nations of Epcot and Animal Kingdom... based on the US or CA. Even Magic Kingdom has Liberty Square... maybe itll be part of the USA overlay if they try to expand the parks theme to a more American theme. It might be more appealing to guests from inside and outside the state.

FAMILY OPTIONS: DCA needs more for the kids and toddlers to do
    At what point did family go from meaning "fun for the whole family" to "kids and toddlers." Disneyland was created so adults and kids could have fun together...because there was noting in a kid's park for Walt to do.

Kiddie attractions include Flicks Fun Fair (all five "attractions") and Playhouse Disney Live On Stage. There are even some kiddie rides at Disneyland, but not many; King Arthur Carousel, Dumbo and Casey Jr.

What DCA needs are big Family attractions like Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Mansion, "it's a small world." Sure there are some family members that are scared of Mansion and others that think that "small world" is dull, but everyone can go on them (no height restrictions or health restrictions) and most want to go on them.

Monsters Inc., is a step in the right direction...much like Peter Pan or Alice in Wonderland, it is geared towards the younger members of the family but has enough interest that adults are amused as well.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well I guess that's why only 3 out of 112 voters said more kiddy rides.

Most little tykes are too young to log on and vote, I guess.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

They need a new name... and I would choose a bigger size park also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast