Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Leave 'em wanting more!

OK, well if I wasn't married. I would be at the Parks alone and I am sure people would think I was creepy. As it is, my wife and I know hardly anyone here and my coworkers aren't as into working at DL as I am - so you know - I sorta feel bad for the creepy man.

However there is this individual, who is a little strange, who rides the Monorail around and around and recites the entire recorded spiel word for word. It's very weird. Now any time I get the urge to talk along with a spiel I stop myself - so I don't look like a nutcase
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LSPoorEeyorick
    I don't think anyone is saying that his behavior is acceptable. Rather, that treating the obviously lonely/verging on unhealthy/socially undeveloped with anything other than kindness is just as rude.

If you are that urgent about not interacting with the person, there are still respectful ways to respond. It's polite to listen for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry, my group doesn't have a lot of time together, and we were having a private discussion. But thank you for the information."
    Good point! When I lived and worked in Anaheim I knew a gardener who lived with his elderly mother just a few blocks away on Lemon Street and within walking distance from the park. He was a simple person who was probably in his 50s and reminded you of a mature Dopey with a touch of Quasimodo, but he had a sweet, outgoing personality.

I'm sure senior CMs in here remember him from the '70s and early '80s because he was a frequent guest at DL. "George" was on a first name basis with many of the CMs and could often be seen sitting on the curb waiting for the parade with his little shopping bag.

Very childlike and outgoing, he would talk with guests and I could see that many were uncomfortable with such close contact. I was also in the park a lot and would always have a little chat with him since I knew him in the community.

"George" was just so pleased to have a day off from mowing lawns and be able to visit his favorite place on earth. I personally saw many CMs go out of there way to talk with him and you could tell their attention just made his day that more special.
    Last edited by desertdweller; 03-28-2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: misspelling

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I don't care if anyone finds me "creepy" or not. In fact, some people already do find me to be "weird" or "odd", but, hey, it's their problem - not mine. I'm quite happy with who I am, and wouldn't change that to try and "impress" anyone.

Hence why I live by the motto: "Comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable." :devil: Life is SO much more fun that way.
    Hey, us creepy people need to stick together!

DP, anyone that knows ya knows you aren't creepy at all. Just weird. :devil:
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Nice pic Disneyphile!

All I know is that occasionally I chime into people's conversations at the park, but usually its an attempt to be helpful. Like one time I was standing around the castle after the fireworks and a bunch of people were trying to leave and kept pestering the cm as to when the castale would be open again, and I suggested they leave fantasyland by going around the teacups so they could leave the park sooner. Or othertime when I am in Fantasyland watching the fireworks, I would tell people to turn around so they wouldn't miss Tinkerbell. I think they key is knwing when your advice is helpful and appreciated, or annoying and creepy.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeSayImGoofy
    I'll never forget one time my wife and I were in line for Space Mtn. and this creepy woman insisted on telling us OVER AND OVER: "Out of the station, turn right...up a hill for 17 seconds...turn left....another hill for 14 seconds....right...another hill...left ...right....left, left, right....quick drop....." She told us so many times, we had it memorized by the time we managed to ditch her when the line split near the loading area.

Creepiest of all: since we were rolling it over and over and OVER in our minds, we were checking her accuracy during the ride, and she was RIGHT!

Lord, may it never be so with me!

Kevin

Maybe this person was autistic or had OCD ???
    Are we there Yet? :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Uh, that was me. Sorry...................................

HAHAHA, I was going to say it was me.
    Are we there Yet? :devil:

• It's all nonsense

I'm not saying all single riders are creepy. But the single rider in the original post just sounded like someone i'd want to stay away from. Don't get me wrong...i'm all for friendly banter, but I think we can all admit that there are just some people that creep us out more than others.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessP
    Maybe this person was autistic or had OCD ???

Or both. There is some overlap of symptoms in both conditions. Sounds like something my son (a cross between a less-severe Rain Man and the Jack Nicholson character in "As Good As It Gets") might do if we let him ride alone.....

And I think LSPoorEeyorick is right that we need to show compassion for these people ... more than what my son was shown last week at the zoo ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I'm not saying all single riders are creepy. But the single rider in the original post just sounded like someone i'd want to stay away from. Don't get me wrong...i'm all for friendly banter, but I think we can all admit that there are just some people that creep us out more than others.
    Sweet! I love disturbing the comfortable. Beware of me next time you're at the park. I'll have to bring my Stitch backpack and make him talk. Heh. :devil:

• It's all nonsense

Sweet! I love disturbing the comfortable. Beware of me next time you're at the park.
    But see you don't count because you're trying too hard and it's obvious you aren't creepy. It's the people that don't think they are creepy that are the most creepy.

• Love!

Sweet! I love disturbing the comfortable. Beware of me next time you're at the park.
    Welcome to another episode of Inside T's Head:

Hello, Bark. I'm Bite.
    One of us is worse than the other, and I think it's NOT ME!

• When Will It Return?

This whole thread is saying to me...

Hello pot? This is kettle. You're black!

-- Peoplemover "You all are creepy to me " Matt

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt
    This whole thread is saying to me...

Hello pot? This is kettle. You're black!
    I would love to respond to that, but Stitch told me I'm not allowed to. Instead, he told me to tell you this:

Meega nala queesta!! H....h......hiiiii!

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm lost

(yeah- did anyone get that?)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast