Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Rainicorn.

Geeks need love, too.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Shubisha

So do you have life insurance?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    So do you have life insurance?
    AAAAAAAAAHHH! He's following me! He's always following me!

Seriously... um, I don't know?!?!? I'm 15, what do I know about life insurance?? I certainly haven't gotten it myself, if it's the kind of thing parents get for their kids, then they've probably gotten it for me. I have no idea! (Hangs head and feels extremely stupid and uninformed)

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I was found writing song lyrics (back when I thought I was gonna be a singer) in a notebook on the Island many many times back in the 80's. People often thought I was doing homework.
    I have always wanted to take a laptop in, find a palce to sit, and start typing away. Well, either that start doing P.D.E.s...

Oh! Take a laptop with a 3-D Solid modeling program and start laying out the park!

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    AAAAAAAAAHHH! He's following me! He's always following me!

Seriously... um, I don't know?!?!? I'm 15, what do I know about life insurance?? I certainly haven't gotten it myself, if it's the kind of thing parents get for their kids, then they've probably gotten it for me. I have no idea! (Hangs head and feels extremely stupid and uninformed)
    Bah. No need to feel that way about Life Insurance...you are 15 for crying out loud! Life Insurance is not something one should worry about until they have children, or, at the least, a spouse.

•   
    • Minion

Alright... I am a single rider, but I keep my thoughts to myself unless someone interacts with me... Or if I have to make that off the cuff funny remark that makes people smile when they are not...

Yeah, I know a lot of cool stuff, but I am not going around telling anyone unless they ask me... That is what Mice Chat is for... Get some of the yaya's out so I can enjoy the park, notice the details and celibrate or talk smack about it...

The trouble is there are groups of people who are just as horrable... I hate people with no sense of decorum, that like to talk in POTC... I don't think every boat on the ride wants to listen to stuff... I don't care how many times you have ridden the ride... You don't talk in the middle of a movie do you? Sheesh...
    Check out my other blog:

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by monorail1
    So, we were at the park over the weekend in line for Astro-Blasters (which was awesome) and we noticed an obviously lone individual next to us in line sporting a really disturbing smile. He was looking at us as if he REALLY wanted to get in our conversation, especially when we talked about specifics on the ride itself. He continued giving us this very uncomfortable attention until he was given the opportunity to talk to someone else in line. From what I heard him say to this other party (who also seemed incredibly uncomfortable talking to him), he seemed to know every triviality and nuance about the ride itself.

Then it dawned on me. This wasn't the first time this has happened to me at Disneyland. In fact, many times I've been sucked into a conversation with one of these creepy individuals and there's really nothing we can do other then nod our heads, smile, and act like we care about how "the ride has a lower than expected ride capacity today" or "how many times the ride has been broken down today". YIKES!

So, has anyone else ever experienced this and if so how do you get out of it, especially if you're stuck in a 30 minute line with this person!

Your thoughts?
    I think I know of the guy you are talking about by the description you give. He usually visits Disneyland around the evening and stays during the night every day. Kepp your eyes open and you'll see him all over the place.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I've met a guy at the pin trading area just outside of the Command store, I was with Hubby and daughter. He kept talking about nothing that made any sense, but I could tell this man was very lonely. We all decided to chat with him a bit, no harm done, might have even made his day. We ran into him again at a Disneyana show, everyone steered clear, but you know what? He remembered us, we had a short chat, and we look forward to visiting with him in the future......We are just glad that it is not one of us that looks forward to just speaking with a couple of strangers!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I wrote an English paper on Tom Sawyer Island once.
    I laid down on a bench in Hollywood Pictures Backlot and crammed for a bio midterm once.

Disneyland is a great place to study...
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I don't care how many times you have ridden the ride... You don't talk in the middle of a movie do you? Sheesh...
    Sadly, a lot of people do. Decorum and politeness have taken a hard hit, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Single riders are only 'creepy' if they're not good looking.
    Yeah, and dressed in assless chaps and a cowboy hat.

Mods: My brain is making me type this so, please delete it if it's uncool.

• Resident Science Nerd

I also go all the time by myself, and I mostly have no desire to talk to people...
    I have gotten strange looks for standing around taking photos with my manual 35mm camera, they're pretty rare these days. And those times I've studied in line or at a table, I've been known to mutter to myself and not realize it until someone looks at me. I do agree though, DL is a great place to study!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I have had one "creepy" moment however, during the holiday season about 3 years ago:

I went by myself and was hanging out at DCA. I saw a guy sitting by himself in Golden Dreams who kept glancing at me and smiling. And, he was pretty cute, so I thought "this is kinda cool". So, upon exiting, he waited for me and started talking to me a bit. He said he was just hanging out for the night, and would I like to go on the DLRR with him. The conversation was going really well, so I figured it was a good idea. Besides, I'm the one who probably appeared "creepy" since I was there alone, and wearing my "Believe!" snowflake headband. We kept talking while on the train, and then he kissed me. Again, I thought nothing of it, because I thought he was pretty cool, and we had already hung out for a couple hours by that point. Then, the park was closing, so he offered to take me to my car. He kept holding my hand, saying how happy he was to have met me, and who would ever think to just meet someone at Disneyland.

(All this sounds great, doesn't it?)

So, he walked me to my car, which was parked up on the Minnie level. He wrapped his arms around me, kissed me a bit more, and kept saying, "Wow. You realize with our first initials, we're 'T-n-T' when together?" (Ok, yeah, so I should have slapped him just for the bad "pick-up" line. I think his name was "Thomas".) Anyway, all seemed fine and dandy until I wanted to leave. Then he grabbed my hand and put it on his pants and said, "Like it? It's big." Sadly, the dude already had my phone number from earlier. Anyway, I promptly pulled away and got in my car and drove off. He waved to me and said he'd call. Thank the goddess he never did. Ick!

And just in case he's on this board - Dude!! NOT a good way to end an evening of first impression!!!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    So, he walked me to my car, which was parked up on the Minnie level. He wrapped his arms around me, kissed me a bit more, and kept saying, "Wow. You realize with our first initials, we're 'T-n-T' when together?" (Ok, yeah, so I should have slapped him just for the bad "pick-up" line. I think his name was "Thomas".) Anyway, all seemed fine and dandy until I wanted to leave. Then he grabbed my hand and put it on his pants and said, "Like it? It's big."
    Holy SHIZA! That was totally sexual harassment. You should have kicked him in the nads.

Man.. what a good night turned horrible!!!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by monorail1
    So, we were at the park over the weekend in line for Astro-Blasters (which was awesome) and we noticed an obviously lone individual next to us in line sporting a really disturbing smile. He was looking at us as if he REALLY wanted to get in our conversation, especially when we talked about specifics on the ride itself. He continued giving us this very uncomfortable attention until he was given the opportunity to talk to someone else in line. From what I heard him say to this other party (who also seemed incredibly uncomfortable talking to him), he seemed to know every triviality and nuance about the ride itself.

Then it dawned on me. This wasn't the first time this has happened to me at Disneyland. In fact, many times I've been sucked into a conversation with one of these creepy individuals and there's really nothing we can do other then nod our heads, smile, and act like we care about how "the ride has a lower than expected ride capacity today" or "how many times the ride has been broken down today". YIKES!

So, has anyone else ever experienced this and if so how do you get out of it, especially if you're stuck in a 30 minute line with this person!

Your thoughts?

I got into this conversation with one of those creepy AP lone riders. He went off on all this information about the park (Most information was wrong). I smiled and nodded. He seemed excited when I told him my wife and I were from Santa Cruz and he asked if this was are first time visiting the park. I looked over at my wife who gave me this sly little smile and whispered to me to go ahead and burst his little bubble. I then went into how this was NOT my first trip in fact, my grandfather helped build the park, my father was head of the art dept. and designed the concept art for imagineering and the concept work for Cruella, and my first job was Disneyland, and asked where he got the majority of his information about the park because just about 80 percent of what he was telling me was all wrong. The guy all of the sudden got very quiet. Had me worried, started thinking he might possibly pull out a gun and go crazy.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast