Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Chernabog Admirer

I just hope I didn't come off as creepy when I was there on Monday... I didn't randomly talk to people, just stayed quiet and usually kept my gaze ahead in lines. I guess I might have been staring at some people earlier in the day but that was totally unintentional. Some people did talk to me though, but that was only in line for ToT. They might have pitied me or something for being there all by myself. Who knows, what I do know is that I had a great time.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

• Feel the breeze!

What is really bad is when I overheard one girl say to her friend she was with "You ARE going to get on this with me. Only a loser rides alone."

While it did not make me feel good hearing that the look on their face when I got on alone was almost worth it.

I had one lady in the Tiki Room that was kinda off. But she was really nice and I did not mind talking to her. She knew ALOT about the TR and some of it was kinda cool info.. jsut have no idea if it was true or not lol.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

this thread had me totally self conscious when I was at the park yesterday. I just kept hoping I wasn't being viewed as creepy, even though you just know everyone is wondering why you're there on your own.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I just kept hoping I wasn't being viewed as creepy, even though you just know everyone is wondering why you're there on your own.
    You should hear how often I get the question "You were at Disneyland ALONE?"

• Minion

I've been to the park alone dozens of times and never felt awkward.

•   
    • Minion

I always feel akward being at the park alone... You have all these families with kids around you... You have people on dates... Just because I ride solo doesn't mean that I shouldn't be alowed to enjoy the park and watch others enjoy it too...

It is like a great big "rave" but with "churros" instead of exotic drugs...

Take it in slow and feel the love....
    Check out my other blog:

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    It is like a great big "rave" but with "churros" instead of exotic drugs...
    Someone needs to put that in their sig.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Oh, I've gotten that a lot too. I just smile, and proudly reply, "Yep! It was fun too!".

I just generally don't care what people think.
    My response is "Yes. I had a great time. It is too bad that I cannot find anyone else who wishes to have fun with me.".

Unless I am having a bad day, in which case I hang my head and sigh.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I've been to the park alone dozens of times and never felt awkward.

I don't mean to imply that you were doing anything "creepy", desertdweller, but I would guess that a lot of people that would be considered "creepy" by some don't feel awkward about the "creepy" things they do. People tend to remain in their comfort zones. Unfortunately, some people are comfortable with spitting on ducks, ramming people with strollers, discussing the new loop on Space Mountain, wearing clothing with obscene language where children are present, intruding on private conversations, etc.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I don't mean to imply that you were doing anything "creepy", desertdweller, but I would guess that a lot of people that would be considered "creepy" by some don't feel awkward about the "creepy" things they do.
    Definitely...ignorance is bliss and I'm sure the "creeps" are often not aware that they are making other people uncomfortable. I was just replying to some posters who wrote that they don't feel comfortable going to the park alone.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I was just replying to some posters who wrote that they don't feel comfortable going to the park alone.
    I'm going to assume this was my post, I actually have no problems being comfortable at the park alone, I do most everything else alone. I just meant that people generally view anyone out doing something alone is creepy. I get all kinds of weird looks when I go to movies alone.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Minion

I'm beginning to think I might be "creepy" after all and was never aware of it. Having a very lonely childhood, I learned to entertain myself and adjust to doing things on my own. I'm a film and theater lover and have probably seen thousands of movies/plays and an estimated 80% of them alone.

I honestly have not noticed people looking at me strangely when I walk into a theater, restaurant, airplane, cruise ship or DL by myself.

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Oh, I've gotten that a lot too. I just smile, and proudly reply, "Yep! It was fun too!".

I just generally don't care what people think.

That i smy response as well... I go alone often There should be a Loners Group and we can al meet and then not be alone and not be perceived as "creepy" I never thought I was but now...

But then I enjoy going alone because I can on what I want, if a line is too long go somehwere else eat what I want. It is great freedom and fun too!

"This guy!"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast