Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Feel the breeze!

Going alone is fun. Going with friends is fun. Going with family is fun. Going alone because you cannot get someone else to go with with you is...still fun, but not quite as fun as going alone because you decide that is what you want.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    That i smy response as well... I go alone often There should be a Loners Group and we can al meet and then not be alone and not be perceived as "creepy"
    I wanted to form a Pessimist's group, but I did not think anyone would come ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I wanted to form a Pessimist's group, but I did not think anyone would come ...
    You're right, it would never work....
    Check out my other blog:

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Oh, I've gotten that a lot too. I just smile, and proudly reply, "Yep! It was fun too!".

I just generally don't care what people think.

Same here, way back when I was an AP holder.

I was far too into my "bubble" to even acknowledge the other guests. I felt completely at ease on my own.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Oh lord yes- these people come out of the wood work and they are at the park so much they probably don't participate in sites like this.
    I love sarcasm.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    As far as going alone is concerned, I have done it a few times. However, because of my job, I go to the movies by myself almost every weekend. I know many people would never think of doing this and think it would be as awkward as going to a theme park alone.
    In my experience, most people at the movies (and even more so at DL) are there to enjoy themselves and are doing their own thing, not really paying attention to anyone else. Hence the stupid behaviour sometimes. But what this also means is they are not really paying any attention to the fact that you are there by yourself. So there is no reason to feel wierd, just enjoy yourself.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    As far as going alone is concerned, I have done it a few times. However, because of my job, I go to the movies by myself almost every weekend. I know many people would never think of doing this and think it would be as awkward as going to a theme park alone.
    I have felt that way about movies... What fun is it if you can't to make an odd MST3K-like comment durring a trailer?

The absolute worst is trying to eat at a restaurant by yourself... I would rather go hungry...
    Check out my other blog:

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I have felt that way about movies... What fun is it if you can't to make an odd MST3K-like comment durring a trailer?

The absolute worst is trying to eat at a restaurant by yourself... I would rather go hungry...
    I go to movies alone a lot now .... killing time on business trips ....... it allows me to see things the wife doesn't care to. But I used to think it was weird ... consequently I have never seen my all-time favorite movie on the big screen ...

The key to restaurants is to have reading material ...... newspaper, novel, the Bible, something with a noble purpose (not the "Renters Guide" or "Green Sheet"). What you're reading says something about you .........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

• Love!

I actually miss doing stuff alone. A little bit, at least. Now if I try to go to a movie or the park, the roomie or the SigO usually join me. Or I'm going to a meet and there are several people there. Or I'm not going to a meet but I run into people I know anywhere. Shee, such a small world.

But there's a kind of a joy in going somewhere alone, not having to spend a moment on compromise, not rushing anyone or holding them up. It's a nice thing now and then.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound

Someone explain this phobia people have of doing things on their own. I've never understood it. I have friends that I hang out with quite frequently, whether its dinner, or movies, bars....D-land.

But I've ever seen a thing wrong or awkward with going to your favorite restaurant alone. I did it the other Saturday after a long hard day of extra work. I loved it. I felt like a king.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    Someone explain this phobia people have of doing things on their own. I've never understood it. I have friends that I hang out with quite frequently, whether its dinner, or movies, bars....D-land.
    Self-esteem issues?

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Self-esteem issues?
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. BTW, what happened to your avatar?

•   
    • Minion

Nope... Nothing to do with that...

I prefer not to eat in Restaurants alone mostly because it is easier to eat on the run while you are doing something else... And if you go someplace real fancy the host/hostess hates to seat you because they know that you are going to be a poor tipper... So eather you are rushed out, or you get bad service...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Oh, and no body cares at a movie... A) it's dark, no body cares... and B) I just like to talk about movies after I see them... So I end up writing reviews for others to see the movie and post it on some movie site...
    Check out my other blog:

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I just kept hoping I wasn't being viewed as creepy, even though you just know everyone is wondering why you're there on your own.
    It's my opinion that any paranoia that we have about travelling alone is mostly in our own minds. I just finished a 5-day visit to WDW, alone, and felt like nobody gave me a second glance. If I ever get weirded out, I just tell myself, "hey, I could be a dad that's just on his way back from the bathroom, or I could be the only one in my family that wanted to ride this ride". Usually I just go about my business, and no one notices that I'm there, which is just fine by me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567