Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    It can't be 1999, because that's when I was there and they were at the dock (this was in August).

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    It can't be 1999, because that's when I was there and they were at the dock (this was in August).
    September 1999

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Well, if I recall correctly, they were all put away in the caves except for one when Imagineers were testing the Atlantis effects, and that w as during the Pressler era. My brain's too tired to figure out more than that.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

hey disneylandlover actually made a worthwhile thread!

anyway, yeah, I miss the subs soooooooooooo much! I had to ride them evey time I went when I was little. That's prolly the closest I'll ever come to riding actual subs.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    hey disneylandlover actually made a worthwhile thread!

anyway, yeah, I miss the subs soooooooooooo much! I had to ride them evey time I went when I was little. That's prolly the closest I'll ever come to riding actual subs.
    I made this thread 3 months ago. I just found it and made a reply so it would come back to the front!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Lover
    I made this thread 3 months ago. I just found it and made a reply so it would come back to the front!
    I am thrilled beyond belief!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I am thrilled beyond belief!
    Why?

• More Than Meets The Mouse

How come nobody has any video from inside the ride looking out thru the portholes?
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymus Prime
    How come nobody has any video from inside the ride looking out thru the portholes?
    It's out there. In fact, it was posted in one of the other Subs threads. Good quality too.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

You know, I really miss the subs. Bring them back!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Lover
    You know, I really miss the subs. Bring them back!
    Agreed. Let's save Nemo for later. Re-open the Subs with the original theme and modern effects. Maybe even use the Nemo boxes for advanced Liquid Space characters like divers and mermaids.

Then, if ridership isn't what TDA hoped for, start up Nemo as a daytime enhancement and use Liquid Space the way they plan to use RockIt Mountain. Two attractions for the price of one.

-- Walt Disney

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

Arrow I think there are some misunderstandings here...

A lot of folks seem to think that the old theming and underwater tricks are still there, somehow to be integrated into Nemo. That is not quite true.

The cavern (OK, the 'ride building' for purists) is totally, completely empty. Everything is gone, right down to the walls. Hard to see how something can be re-used once it has disappeared into a dumpster! :confused:

• Minion

I want them to brring back this ride!!!!! It was my fave >_< DAMN EISNER *shakes fist*

I admit the ride was getting lame.........and needed to be updated but the experance......was AWESOME!
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Frogs
    A lot of folks seem to think that the old theming and underwater tricks are still there, somehow to be integrated into Nemo. That is not quite true.

The cavern (OK, the 'ride building' for purists) is totally, completely empty. Everything is gone, right down to the walls. Hard to see how something can be re-used once it has disappeared into a dumpster! :confused:
    Let's even assume for the sake of argument that this is true. (Which photos of the seamonster still in the cave strongly suggest it is not.)

Even if the original show elements are gone, the THEME is well documented, and those elements can be recreated.

-- Walt Disney

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    maan, what i would give to ride them one more time the way they used to be

even if that ment riding it now with all of the un-maintained show scenes
    uh, riding it now would be pretty boring. ALL the show scenes are gone. You'd see lots of rocks with holes in them and wires sticking out.

and you'd have a very smooth ride.

And the seamonster is gone now. Everything has been taken out, and following Disney's history, I have little doubt it was thrown into a dumpster.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast