Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Videographer

And if you look out your porthole you will seem umm, nothing.

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

• Disney Secrets Master

great Photos~!
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• FastPass n00b

I really think that in order to fit Nemo into a theme, they'll have to take the queue through Fantasyland. The old queue in Tomorrowland was modified and too plain and the docks are in sorry shape. It would be so much easier for them to load next to the old Motorboat Cruise area and create an elaborate queue winding through a portion of that ride. They've already smoothed out the surface around that area and Nemo would fit much better into Fantasyland.

What I would like to see them do is keep it exactly the same and keep it in Tomorrowland, then as soon as Nemo has worn its welcome, change the boxes out to something more unqiue and creative. After seeing Tarzan's Treehouse, it's become clear what happens to fad makeovers when they replace classic attractions. As great as Finding Nemo and Pixar's movies are, I just don't think Nemo has the staying power of Buzz Lightyear or even Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Hopefully the Nemo makeover is intended to be temporary to generate short-term interest and then swappable with more appropriate show boxes.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    uh, riding it now would be pretty boring. ALL the show scenes are gone. You'd see lots of rocks with holes in them and wires sticking out.

and you'd have a very smooth ride.

And the seamonster is gone now. Everything has been taken out, and following Disney's history, I have little doubt it was thrown into a dumpster.
    Actually, when they were draining the lagoon to start making the new ride, ALL of the original elements were intact. if i can find a link to those pics, ill edit this post and insert the link. All they really would have had to do is re-painted the fish, maybe replaced one or two, and whalla! the exterior lagoon is all-good. I dunno about those caves, however.....

• Who's your DaddyB?

yeah, I'd like to point out the past tense of your post. All that stuff is gone now. Some of it auctioned off, some of it cut out or scraped out, and some of it merely picked up and thrown in the trash.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    And if you look out your porthole you will seem umm, nothing.

RU
    "...and if you take a look out your window you will see the wood and mortar that make this a building... and whats this coming up? Could it be? Why yes... someone graffiti'd the wall. Looks like something about a creature named Eisner... those silly sea creatures."
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    yeah, I'd like to point out the past tense of your post. All that stuff is gone now. Some of it auctioned off, some of it cut out or scraped out, and some of it merely picked up and thrown in the trash.
    well the point of my original post was that they should have re-opened it for the 50th, cuz as much as I like seeing something constructive happening in the lagoon, NOTHING looks better then a bunch of submarines goin around and chillin at the dock loading people onto it. So hypothetically they could have re-opened it for a short time during the 50th, then drain it and begin construction on the finding nemo idear........

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

Arrow You're kidding, right?

Let's see - why don't we take a big and complex underwater show, with eight 40 year old steel 'submarines', abandon the whole thing for 5+ years, then...VOILA!... fill the diesel tanks, load up some passengers and go back to work!

And no, the Matterhorn is not sliding into the lagoon. Sorry for the tone, but if you don't comprehend the immense technical, show, reliability and (sadly) legal issues involved in opening / re-opening a D/E attraction, pining away for it doesn't help.

Maybe a constructive wish list would be a better use of energy here? The cavern is empty, stripped, gone, kaput. We will now move on...

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)
    I use to get claustrophobic on the submarines but they were kewl even though I'm only 13 I still remember them quite vividly.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Oh man, I remember when those suckers were grey.
    I remember that too, and then some years later... the new Tomorrowland of 1967..... maybe we'll have another new Tomorrowland in the not too distant future... with who knows what color subs?
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneysMagic
    I remember that too, and then some years later... the new Tomorrowland of 1967..... maybe we'll have another new Tomorrowland in the not too distant future... with who knows what color subs?
    Didnt al say they aint ganna do that? Didnt they already spend more on the new tomorrowland (space re-do, buzz, subs, peoplemover, possible star tours 2, New White paint scheme) then they did on Tl 98?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234