Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A sign that my kids get to go to DL to often

My daughter says she is now bored with California Screaming.

Click here.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: A sign that my kids get to go to DL to often

Heh, classic!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Rock Star Minion

Going more than once a year might be considered too often.

Good picture, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneymom

We've been there three time this year and the last time we went we got bored around 5 pm and went back to the hotel. That had never happened before but it won't stop us from going again. Maybe because it was DCA and not DL. We are planning our next trip sometime bore June 17th as that is when our AP has to be renewed and am not sure we can do that right away as it means renewing 5 APs at once. Alot of money. By the way, we live in AZ.

• Rock Star Minion

What would happen to the family if you decided not to renew your AP's? Say, if you skipped a year (or even a few months)? Would it be unbearable?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

We skipped almost a full year from August 2004 to June 2005 and it suited us just fine.

In fact I think we are getting to the point of skipping at least a few months now.

I love it! I reminds me of this Flickr find called "Ennui Mountain"

link: http://static.flickr.com/27/42432634_8155b64f26.jpg?v=0

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman
    My daughter says she is now bored with California Screaming.

Click here.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

we took a month off from going to the park and I think it was a good break. Sometimes you have to take a break from the park to make you remember why you love it so much.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I have a theory here...

APs haven't been around very long. The parental generations now didn't really have the chance to go to Disneyland all of the time for the most part (I'm sure there are some out there, but for the majority it was more of a rare, special occasion to go to Disneyland...possibly on average once a year, or every two years?). Now the adults can't get enough of the place...it was that one special destination of escape as a kid. So then APs are developed, and they go nuts over them. And heck, since Disneyland is a family park, let's get some for the kids! But you see, the kids easily then miss out on how special the place is, because they expect it, they've been there, done that...versus back in the day, within a year, something most likely changed, or they just missed the place too much to remember or care...they were just happy to be there. So AP kids are sort of numb to the whole Disney experience (I'm not saying all of them are, but I've seen plenty of youngsters wearing golden ears with their pin lanyards and looking terribly bored while their parents are dragging them through the park...).

I don't know. It's really more of an individual thing...some people love Disneyland, while others couldn't care less about the place. If I do have children, I don't think I'll want to give them APs until they're in their late teens (they'll also have to drive themselves, so that will make them appreciate the day more)...

Great pictures, though. hehe

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Wow, I didn't know Kenny Rogers was so deathly afraid of heights....
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Clearing my Calendar

I don't see anything wrong with going to the park frequently and not taking a break from it. I also don't see anything wrong with taking children frequently. Everyone experiences the magic differently and as long as everyone is enjoying their trip, whether it's just an in and out "lets ride HM 100 times!" kind of day or a long weekend, I think it's amazing!

I don't have an AP to either DLR or WDW. I really really really want one for WDW. My decision on this, instead of having one at DLR, is simple. Even though I loooove DLR, the magic and allure wears off really quickly if I'm there for more than three days. I can't imagine making use of a year-long pass and making it worthwhile. But, I can't get enough of WDW. Heck, I'd get the AP just to be able to eat dinner at Epcot every night. It's an advantage for me, personally, to make a decision like that.

That scenario might change if I were to return to Vegas. That way I could go for a day and return home. Being within driving distance of the park is a major deciding factor. I wouldn't even consider an AP anywhere if I had to fly every time I wanted to go. It's all about choices.

I don't think anyone should question anyone else's judgement or decision concerning their frequency of attendance.

That said: The pictures are funny!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I've often wondering about you guys that get to go multiple times a year. I know that I think now "Wouldn't it be neat to be able to go whenever I want?" but I also wonder if I would eventually get bored with it. Maybe not so much bored as jaded and cynical. (Then again, I'm on an Internet forum - I must already be jaded and cynical).

However, as TraceCub points out, there is nothing wrong with genuinely enjoying something a lot. There are certainly worse ways to spend your money than doing something you enjoy in a place designed for enjoyment. Personally, I do think that as much as I love the place, it remains special because of the distance between me and the nearest Disney park.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• no flash photography...

my duaghter begs me NOT to take her to DL anymore...LOL

I must confess that I did title this thread a little tongue in cheek, mainly thought everyone might like the photo. The fact is that my daughters really aren't what I would characterize as bored with DL although as APers we go so much more than I ever got to go as a kid. One time we were pulling into the parking structure and they were arguing a little and my wife got slightly upset and told them when she was a kid, pulling into the parking lot of DL, she would be so excited she would never think about arguing w/ her sister. (Note: maybe because it was the old parking lot and she could actually see DL from it.)

At the risk of sounding like an old fogie, there is so much different for today's kids. My favorite is when they want cell phones I tell them about how I would spend summers at my grandmother's house that had 1 phone in the whole house and it was a party line. You would pick up the phone to make a call and hear other people talking so you had to wait and try later to make your call. You should see the kid's jaws drop whrn I tell them that.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

those photos are great!!

on the serious side, i really worry that i'm ruining DL for pixie kid. we didn't renew mr. pixie chick's AP this year & we almost didn't renew pixie kid's. i definitely haven't been taking him as often as before because i want DL to be special...not someplace i have to drag him! for me, i love DL so much, i don't get bored with.
    <o>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast