Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

The future of Cafe Orleans

This from the new Cast Member reference guide that came out yesterday.

"Cafe Orleans will close to Guests on Tuesday, March 14 and reopen in June as a table service location. The new menu will feature great New Orleans bistro favorites including crepes, soups, salads, and a new variation on the world-famous Monte Cristo sandwich. Additionally, the Blue Bayou Restaurant closed for refurbishment on March 6 and is scheduled to reopen in late June."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: The future of Cafe Orleans

Aweome!!!!! Disneyland really does need another table-service resturant! Crepes and Monte Cristos! Yum.

Although it may have been smart to put it in a different area of the park than right across the way from the OTHER table service place.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

who cares! hopefully all of the food places will become sit-down! GREAT NEWS! =]

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Crepes?!? I'm all over that!
    A signature should go here.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland
    This from the new Cast Member reference guide that came out yesterday.

"Cafe Orleans will close to Guests on Tuesday, March 14 and reopen in June as a table service location. The new menu will feature great New Orleans bistro favorites including crepes, soups, salads, and a new variation on the world-famous Monte Cristo sandwich. Additionally, the Blue Bayou Restaurant closed for refurbishment on March 6 and is scheduled to reopen in late June."
    It's nice to see that Cafe Orleans will become a table-service restaurant...again.

Of course those of us who have longer Disneyland memories will recall that the very same Cafe' was a wonderful table-service restaurant (albeit more of a sandwich shop menu), first sponsored by Sara Lee, and for many years after that..

Why was it ever changed in the first place? And will the new cafe' have the wonderful ice tream treats that the old one did? One of ny best friends in college (and when I was at the park) worked as a "fountain" guy there in the 70's...

Thank you,

Barry

PS...I know I'm old-fashioned by I also miss the Royal St. Veranda, and "full-sized" fritters (sold there and at the Mint Julep Bar) that tasted much better than the mini ones they have now.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-10-2006 at 03:43 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• See you there!

I've been hopeing for years that Cafe Orleans sould go Full-Serve! NOS is one of my favorite areas and Cafe Orleans is a favorite as well, so now, Full-Serve, new menu! WOW!

I'm there!

CU@DL

Andy

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Hopefully it will mean more vegetarian food! It was something I found to be lacking from Cafe Orleans when I was there, not to mention several other places.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

A NEW resturaunt!!! Thank god. It's great that it's going to be a sit down resturaunt. Good news to hear!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Wonderful news!!

Yes! another table service restuarant!!! and the food sounds very tasty!!! Can't wait!

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm thrilled, really looking forward to all the changes in NOS!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Does anyone know which other food places (Plaza Inn, Casa de Fritos, etc.) were full table service at some time in the past? As I remember, DL had several back in the late 60's. The 70's & 80's seem to bring the shift to more pick up service at amusement parks and malls.

Maybe Disney opening a new full service restaurant will bring a revival of more table service in parks and malls. After all, Disney should be setting the trends rather than following them.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman
    Does anyone know which other food places (Plaza Inn, Casa de Fritos, etc.) were full table service at some time in the past? As I remember, DL had several back in the late 60's. The 70's & 80's seem to bring the shift to more pick up service at amusement parks and malls.

Maybe Disney opening a new full service restaurant will bring a revival of more table service in parks and malls. After all, Disney should be setting the trends rather than following them.
    I could be wrong (and I often am) but I don't recall Casa De Fritos as being a waiter-service restaurant. Plaza Inn may have been at one time in the early days, but I believe they were buffeteria-style just like Plaza Pavillion across the street when I started there in 1974.

Table service restaurants now sadly a part of Yesterland include the Hills Brothers Coffee House on Main Street, the "old" Sara Lee/Cafe Orleans, and the classic Tahitian Terrace in Adventureland.

Hope this helps -

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Aladdin's Oasis was a table service resturant for a short time as well.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

NOW BRING BACK THE TAHITIAN TERRACE TOO ! ! !

OK, I'll try the new menu at Cafe Orleans, sounds cool, esp since it's always just CLOSED not even an open cafeteria location, when I'm there.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast