Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Harbor Blvd Pedestrian Entrance UPDATE!

Hey Matt, while you're imagineering, TDA needs to update that UGLY orange Cynthia Harris-style DisneyLAND resort sign that greets you on the way back to the esplanade when you go over to IHOP. It's horrible, and in fact while you're at it, get rid of that park-and-ride lot and the Timon tram (and Timon Lot) and put a RockNRollerCoaster along the back side of Hyperion Theater, using the former Hollywood FoodCourt building as the queue building. Voila, you just turned that area of the park around, you can move on to the DCA entrance and Sunshine Plaza next. And build out into the Timon Lot with an Ocean / DisneySea kinda theme. Thanks. I'm pretty sure MiceChat is unanimous that we need a better entrance from Harbor, the Busplanade is so HIDEOUS, TDA should address it, and put some LION KING topiary or something in at least.

• no flash photography...

Re: Harbor Blvd Pedestrian Entrance UPDATE!

That sign doesn't bother me, but if your leaving the park to eat then maybe the sign should be offensive. Kind of iroinc......dude, I'm leaving the park to eat and when I come back that sign makes me want to yammy....yeah,,,I'm sure they don't care...LOL

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

IsntitIRONIC dontcha think

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Those yellow bumpy things along the pathway feel pretty good under your Converse after a long day of walking though...
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

PS, I usually go to IHOP after the parks close, get something before we walk back to the tram or to the garage. And what about the nonoffensive offsite motel stayers who walk over from Harbor who may even be staying in a GOOD NEIGHBOR hotel or those who come from the Hilton shuttle, etc.? Shouldn't the first impression to the Disneyland Resort be a better one? Isn't that what Walt hated about Harbor? Hmm HMM?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Harbor Blvd Pedestrian Entrance UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Those yellow bumpy things along the pathway feel pretty good under your Converse after a long day of walking though...

I know in my pumas you can feel them really good. I noticed that the last visit!

I remember the bad old days, when Harbor Blvd was really sleazey. It's been cleaned up considerably since then.

Anaheim really had a problem with Harbor Blvd. at one time. It was infamous.

What a difference it is today.

• no flash photography...

The sign doesn't bother me...what does bother me is the lon walk in past the buses and trams.....it's so depressing....I liked when the roses were in full bloom and I could smell them before I even finished crossing the street.......I know this won't change, but at the end of three dyas there I'm really sick of looking at everything mickey...mickey heads everywhere...on benches...on signs...EVERYWHERE!!!! Yes, I know the mouse inspired the park or walt or someone, but stop cramming him down my throat!!!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for info

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I know this won't change, but at the end of three dyas there I'm really sick of looking at everything mickey...mickey heads everywhere...on benches...on signs...EVERYWHERE!!!! Yes, I know the mouse inspired the park or walt or someone, but stop cramming him down my throat!!!
    Aw, I love all the little Mickey touches.

To each their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

The sign doesn't bother me...what does bother me is the lon walk in past the buses and trams.....it's so depressing....I liked when the roses were in full bloom and I could smell them before I even finished crossing the street.......I know this won't change, but at the end of three dyas there I'm really sick of looking at everything mickey...mickey heads everywhere...on benches...on signs...EVERYWHERE!!!! Yes, I know the mouse inspired the park or walt or someone, but stop cramming him down my throat!!!
    Really? I love it! I love the bright yellow stripes and the hanging lanterns? ----The beautiful manicured Cypress trees.

Here's something bizarre: I almost half want to stay at Park Place or Park Vue....just for the cheerful walk, rather than Grand Californian----which isn't a bad walk----but I love those yellow stripes on the Harbor Blvd side!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

How about having SHAG design a retro DISNEYLAND sign like the old days that goes over head...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

... I'm really sick of looking at everything mickey...mickey heads everywhere...on benches...on signs...EVERYWHERE!!!! Yes, I know the mouse inspired the park or walt or someone, but stop cramming him down my throat!!!
    Yeah move that stuff over to the Mickey and Friends tram entrance and dont have all that Mickey memorabalia on the LION KING side.

I agree about the big metal orange peel. When I went in Sept 05, with my family, somebody in the car commented about the big metal orange trash heap. It isn't great, and orange isn't exactly the official color of the resort. They could do a little better. It isn't very inviting as it looks an ice cream cone with melted orange ice cream running in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    How about having SHAG design a retro DISNEYLAND sign like the old days that goes over head...
    That is probably the best idea I have heard today. He made really cool stuff for the 50th, I'm surprised he hasnt done more, like have a gallery at Downtown Disney or redesign an attraction poster (the Tiki Room)
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 03-10-2006 at 07:58 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's horrible. Thanks for the description.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast