Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Trip Report for March 10th

I met my sister (Wendy Girl) and Neice (Jennifer) at Disneyland yesterday. We brought umbrellas and heavy coats because of the weather reports. I wonder what planet the weather people are forecasting for. All week I have heard nothing but a dire forcast of heavy rain and cold weather on the day we planned to go, then nothing much to speak of. It rained very lightly for about 15 mintues and a short (less that a couple of minutes) Hail Storm. The sun was out for the rest of the day, with some clouds, but no rain. It was windy so I left early but my Sister and Neice stayed later. We knew the wind would most likely cancel the fireworks, but I haven't heard yet.

We talked to the Dapper Dan's and told then how much they will be missed.

We rode Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and over at DCA we rode TOT. We were killing time until my sisters scheduled lunch at Club 33. We wanted to ride Monsters Inc, but it was down. We wanted to see Turtle Talk, but the entire building was closed as all the screen went dark and they were trying to figure out why (No rain at this time). Over at Disneyland Pirates was closed,which we knew, and not much time to do anything else.

While my sister and neice had lunch I went shopping. Below, in my signature, you can see the new Peter Pan statue from the Classic Disney Collection that I got. I also got the new boxed set of Story Ornaments in the Christmas Shop.

One of the neat things that came with the Peter Pan statue was a small card with Rough Scetches of Peter Pan that were considered for this statue. The last one is the one chosen. I think it is the best face on a Peter Pan statue yet. Compare the drawing to the statue and you will see they did a great job on this one.

Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: Trip Report for March 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    We brought umbrellas and heavy coats because of the weather reports. I wonder what planet the weather people are forecasting for. All week I have heard nothing but a dire forcast of heavy rain and cold weather on the day we planned to go, then nothing much to speak of. It rained very lightly for about 15 mintues and a short (less that a couple of minutes) Hail Storm. The sun was out for the rest of the day, with some clouds, but no rain.

Over at Disneyland Pirates was closed,which we knew, and not much time to do anything else.
    Nice! Why didn't you have more time to do anything? Did you only go for a little while or were there a lot of people there? Just wondering....
    I have been wanting to go this weekend but am staying away cuz of the reports as well.....
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

We got into Disneyland about a 1/2 hour after the Park opened and just as the rope across Main Street went down. There were very few people in line at this time. We headed right for Space Mountain and the wait time was very short. After that we walked over to Haunted Mansion and it was a walk on. After that we went over to DCA expecting to do Monsters, TOT and Turtle Talk, but only got to do TOT which also was a walk on. We went to Monsters first but it was closed, then headed over to TOT. After TOT we checked on Monsters and it was still down so we headed to the Animation Building to find it was now closed as well. We walked back over to Disneyland and checked out the Jungle Cruise. The line was all the way through the queue and out into Adventureland. Indy had a 35 minute wait and it was now 20 minutes to noon, so that was out. After Irene and Jen got into Club 33 I went shopping for stuff and that took me to Downtown Disney and back to Disneyland.

By 1:30 I was getting very tired and the Park was getting very crowded, so I sat for awhile in the hub until it was close to 2pm which was when I figured they would be done with lunch. I was right and we met up, I picked up the ornament set at the Christmas Store and Irene and Jen decided to head back over to DCA to see if Monsters and/or Turtle Talk were up. We had also figured because of the rain and wind that the Fireworks would not be done.

My condition now is somewhat worse so I was very tired and decided to come on home as that is a 2 1/2 bus adventure. My main purpose in going this time was to spend some time with my sister and niece, get that Peter Pan figure (the ornaments were an unexpected bonus) and pick up three pins for a friend. Mission accomplished, I was tired, it was cold, so I came home and rested the rest of the evening.

I was really surprised at the crowds in both Parks yesterday especially with the rainy forecast. It was still a school day, no holiday weekend, rain predicted and it was cold. But the Park still had a good number of people. I forgot my camera so that is why there are no pictures. Irene took pictures so she may post them later. She has a meeting of some kind to attend today.

Thank You Poisonedapples

the peter pan figure is nice.

i went to the resort after the shareholders meeting. Was also surprised that both parks had hefty crowds eventhough it was cold and very windy.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

OK. Sister of Lost Boy here. Hey, Bro, like the photo you have up of the figure you purchased as part of your signature now. Nice.

Actually, the crowds weren't that bad the rest of the day. I did find out later that Haunted Mansion was down for most of the day; did not come back up until late at night, so we were really lucky we got on early. Monsters Inc and Crush were up when we went back and we also went on Tower again.

I had the opportunity to get into Club 33 thanks to the parents of a boy in my First Grade class this year (I am an aide). First time and my daughter (who is studying to be a bakery/pastry chef) and I loved it! Took our time and enjoyed the experience.

Yes, it was cold but we were bundled up real good. And, yes, the fireworks were canceled due to "atmospheric conditions". We did see Fantasmic, though. As we were leaving the park around 10:30 it was starting to rain.

Here is a link to my blog which has a link to my Epson Photo Album with the pictures of the trip. I don't know how to get a photo on this thing!

http://irenestuff.blogspot.com/

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Lostboy and WendyGirl - Thanks so much for your reports!

Like most of us here I've never been to Club 33 and I used to work just underneath it! I'm jealous !

And I'm never surprised anymore to hear that the resort is crowded, regardless of the weather.

Thank you,

Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-12-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hug a Billy

I like your photo and "to serve man". Just saw that episode last week, one of the best.

I spoke with a woman who works at the store where Lost Boy purchased his Christmas ornaments and she was asking me all sorts of questions and said that she had never been either, even though she works there.

Yes, this was a once in a life time opportunity and I am really grateful to those parents.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    I like your photo and "to serve man". Just saw that episode last week, one of the best.
    "It's a cookbook!!!"

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Those are awesome pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Yea sis, those came out great. I forgot my camera, so I am glad you remebered yours. Good job.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

Thanks.

By the way, how do I post a picture in a post. It says to put in the URL but the photo I want to post is on my computer and it is a JPG. I tried putting in the JPG number but it doesn't load.

Also, Bro - yes I captured the Dapper Dans as a movie and yes I can make you a copy for when you next come

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Don't know if this helps you but what I do is to upload my pics to a photo hosting service (in my case photobucket.com).

Once the picture is there, I copy the top line of info under the pic and then paste it into the URL thing.

Not a very technical explanation but it works for me -

Barry

• Hug a Billy

I opened a PhotoBucket account and will give it a try. Here is one I took Friday of the Matterhorn.

Yes! It worked. Thank you so much

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

That's one of my favorite Disneyland views, especially on a cloudy/rainy day! Thanks Wendy! Glad it worked. I still have issues with what size to make my photos...sometimes they come out bigger than I want em to....

• Senior Minion

Lost Boy and Wendy Girl thank you very much. Kudos to you for braving this harsh weather this weekend.

That figure looks great! WDCC collectibles are so well done. We just recieved our custom Corner Curio today to display our collection better.
    That is a really good likeness of Peter Pan for this edition.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast