Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Bengal BBQ- Is it gone yet?

I LOVE the Bengal BBQ. I think the food tastes great and it's a cheaper alternative than some of the other things available.

• a saweet songbird =)

I went this past Tuesday and it was open. In fact I got something to eat there and I found it to be delicious.
    "Truth-telling will have its victims ..." -Marilynne Robinson

• Winter in Oceanside...

Love the chicken; love the sauce; love the asparagus, love the veggies. The beef? Not so much. Will be very sad when it goes.

• Minion

Open today and the line was long. I still can not figure out why they want to close this one. Maybe because it is a good deal and it is almost good for you.
    Jason

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1
    Yeah... don't you?

hee hee
    That a crack at me being asian!?
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Banned User

I don't understand why they can't just reopen it somewhere else- it's a really tiny building.

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    I don't understand why they can't just reopen it somewhere else- it's a really tiny building.
    Probably because it is the "Bengal" BBQ. Tigers belong in Adventureland. Not Frontierland, Not New Orleans Square, not Main Street USA, not Fantasyland, Toon Town or Tomorrowland either. It is meat on a stick with jungle-like theming. Should they sell gumbo on Main Street? Actually, they should sell gumbo EVERYWHERE. But you see my point.

Here is another thing. I may have eaten many things in my life that I have not liked. They did not meet my taste needs for whatever reason. I move on and don't eat it again. It never occurs to me to use such terms as gross, or to equate said food with something such as a dead dog. Seems to be a bit of an attention grabbing tactic (concious or unconcious) to enable the user to express their horrifying experience of -gasp- eating something that they did not like. Seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Gross is finding dirt or a fingernail (or finger!) in your food.
    "When they come here, they're coming because of an integrity that we've established over the years. And they drive for hundreds of miles. I feel a responsibility to the public."
    - Walt Disney

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i love bengal bbq!! it seems like there have been lots of rumors about it being taken out with the remodel of the RBT.

i think they should transfer bengal's menu over to aladdin's oasis. they just need to add some sides, salads, etc. to make it more of a sit-down meal. you'd have another restaurant in a less-crowded area of adventureland. they could even work in the aladdin story show or make it character dining.
    <o>

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I love the Bengal Barbeque for it's affordable proces, I mean, where else can you can some great food in DL for bout $4.00.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Disciple
    Probably because it is the "Bengal" BBQ. Tigers belong in Adventureland. Not Frontierland, Not New Orleans Square, not Main Street USA, not Fantasyland, Toon Town or Tomorrowland either. It is meat on a stick with jungle-like theming. Should they sell gumbo on Main Street? Actually, they should sell gumbo EVERYWHERE. But you see my point.

Here is another thing. I may have eaten many things in my life that I have not liked. They did not meet my taste needs for whatever reason. I move on and don't eat it again. It never occurs to me to use such terms as gross, or to equate said food with something such as a dead dog. Seems to be a bit of an attention grabbing tactic (concious or unconcious) to enable the user to express their horrifying experience of -gasp- eating something that they did not like. Seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Gross is finding dirt or a fingernail (or finger!) in your food.
    I meant to another place in adventureland.

• love my friends

it was still open lst weekend.. we shall see I guess
    '

Friends for life

Bengal BBQ is scheduled to be closed to make way for a new, two-story version of the Riverbelle Terrace. The closure is not official yet, but is rumored to be scheduled for September or October.

• Banned User

eh o well- Bengal BBQ could go if it must...it's not tht great anyway- they could also just have the ribs or whatever at the RBT

• A Pirate's life for me!

Even though it's going down like the Titanic, we supported it twice during our trip this week.

Sorry to see it leaving.

• Minion

We all love it in our family.
    I hope they can relocate, but stay in Adventureland. Maybe Aladdin's Oasis?
    It's our Fireworks/parade dinner on the curb to hold our place. I do hate it when something I love disappears!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast