Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Bengal BBQ- Is it gone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick

i think they should transfer bengal's menu over to aladdin's oasis. they just need to add some sides, salads, etc. to make it more of a sit-down meal. you'd have another restaurant in a less-crowded area of adventureland. they could even work in the aladdin story show or make it character dining.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...and I quite possibly am...

The moving of Bengal BBQ to the Aladdin's Oasis area (or the preferable return of the Tahitian Terrace there) would be problematic because the old Plaza Pavillion kitchen complex that used to service that location had to be torn down several years ago.

Would that not require an extensive remodel/rebuild to service that location, much as I'd like to see the Terrace especially return?

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• See you there!

Funny story about the Bengal BBQ. I knew a CM who worked there 'bout 10 years ago. This was back when the Bengal BBQ was open a litte eariler (well everything was open earlier then). People used to come up to the Bengal BBQ and aske for a BBQ'ed bagel. Most of the correct letters, but no BBQ'ed bagles served.

I guess I need to drop by Bengal BBQ before it closes and get a skewer or two.

CU@DL

Andy

•   
    • I <3 o

Red Face Re: Bengal BBQ- Is it gone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo
    Bengal BBQ is scheduled to be closed to make way for a new, two-story version of the Riverbelle Terrace. The closure is not official yet, but is rumored to be scheduled for September or October.
    i had heard that also but my sister was there today and asked them about it, they said it was only being remodelled and they assured her it would be back.

• The Fantasyland guy

well thats good news... too bad its most likly from a random CM that gets $7 an hour and not someone who makes these choices.

DONT CLOSE THE BBQ!!!! We love Skewers!

• rebmeM roinuJ

i never got to eat there, everyone in my group always wants to go somewhere else. anyone know if its for sure shut down now?

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Hmmm...I think I'll have that today if it's open when I go later this afternoon. Closes at 9pm I'm guessing? Last time I went the day after they unveiled the new HM stuff it was already closed at 7pm on a Thursday.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Hmmm...I think I'll have that today if it's open when I go later this afternoon. Closes at 9pm I'm guessing?
    ok, so i guess its not closed yet. but is there a supposed set date when it will be closed? cause im going in june and would like to (finally) try it.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Hmmm...I think I'll have that today if it's open when I go later this afternoon. Closes at 9pm I'm guessing?
    Bengal BBQ is still there and running. From what I've noticed they tend to close about half an hour before the park does. So if the park closes at 9:00 pm, they'll probably close around 8:30 pm.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    Bengal BBQ is still there and running. From what I've noticed they tend to close about half an hour before the park does. So if the park closes at 9:00 pm, they'll probably close around 8:30 pm.
    Ahh good. I don't expect to be there too late. I have to be in La Mirada by 4:30 to get new auto insurance and after that...I'm off to Disneyland!

Skratch...I heard a rumor on here maybe a while back ago they would close it in October or maybe September after the summer craziness goes away because October is when they start the River Belle changes.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Ahh good. I don't expect to be there too late. I have to be in La Mirada by 4:30 to get new auto insurance and after that...I'm off to Disneyland!

Skratch...I heard a rumor on here maybe a while back ago they would close it in October or maybe September after the summer craziness goes away because October is when they start the River Belle changes.
    Thats probly a good idea, working in summer crowds would be rediculous. its kinda weird being called "skratch" even though thats the name i go as online no ones ever called me that.

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    Thats probly a good idea, working in summer crowds would be rediculous. its kinda weird being called "skratch" even though thats the name i go as online no ones ever called me that.
    Hehe...I could call ya addict if ya like? I know what you mean though...I get all weird when someone calls me by my screen name. I'm like, "Dude...that's the name of my car! Not me!" LOL

• rebmeM roinuJ

Hehe...I could call ya addict if ya like? I know what you mean though...I get all weird when someone calls me by my screen name. I'm like, "Dude...that's the name of my car! Not me!" LOL
    well neither of them are really all that flattering , but at least i know when im being addressed.

what would any of you reccomend at Bengal BBQ? i might only get one chance during this trip. actually heres a better question, is there anything on the menu that i should avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    what would any of you reccomend at Bengal BBQ? i might only get one chance during this trip. actually heres a better question, is there anything on the menu that i should avoid?
    Depends what you like. I like the beef skewers and I'm not a veggie person so I stay away from the asparagus.

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

I'm going to be so sad if Bengal closes for good.

The food is a little expensive (you only get one skewer for the price) but it's some of the best food in the park.

I've always gone for the Chicken and the Tiger Tails (bread sticks), but before it's gone I'm gonna try the menu. Does anyone have a list of everything they serve?

I know chicken, steak, vegetables, Tiger tails, and the cinnimon sticks. anything else?

• Neep meep beep

It was still there on Sunday. This time of the year the Bengal BBQ is usually closed on weekdays, and open on Friday to Sunday. It's not scheduled to permanently shut down until September 2006 or later.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast