Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Bengal BBQ- Is it gone yet?

Well people on mouse info say the Bengal BBQ is closed- I may be just misreading what they are saying- but does anybody have any info on this?

Personally I don't care if it goes (I much rather see more sit-down places like Carnation and Blue Bayou) cept keep french market and the plaza inn as is

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: Bengal BBQ- Is it gone yet?

Last time I went it was still open but I heard it was going to go down again. I could care less if it leaves myself. My nephew dies for it but I tried it and it was like eatting a dead dog on a stick! YUCK! I paid a bunch and ended up throwing it away and finding something else.

Why don't they move it anyway? It causes so much congestion in that area..... Does anyone know? I know it is liked but is it so popular that they can't move it or get rid of it? All they have to do is move the "dog sticks" to a cart somewhere so people can get them and be happy.

( I don't mean to offend you BBQ lovers! )
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1
    Last time I went it was still open but I heard it was going to go down again. I could care less if it leaves myself. My nephew dies for it but I tried it and it was like eatting a dead dog on a stick! YUCK! I paid a bunch and ended up throwing it away and finding something else.
    You know what dog tastes like?

Ew.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Chicken?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Who's your DaddyB?

It's still open. I eat at it every time I go, if at all possible.
    As I've stated in my updates, I LOVE the place.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

We just returned from DL...Bengal BBQ is still open for business!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1
    I could care less if it leaves myself. My nephew dies for it but I tried it and it was like eatting a dead dog on a stick! YUCK!
    Obvious it's in the wrong location then. It just needs to come down here to the coastal empire and it'd be just like home eats for the locals.

Dead Dog on a stick...very interesting.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast

Ew.
    Yeah... don't you?

hee hee
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• no flash photography...

I don't care if it goes eihter. I tried it for the first time about a month ago...it was gross...

• Animatronic

If one tries to follow the healthy eating guidelines set forth by the FDA, which can be found at www.FDA.gov, one realizes that small portions, low fat, lean meat are part of a healthy lifestyle. While Bengal isn't great, it's the best Disney has at the moment. Plus, it's right next to the stair master 2000, better known as the backwards swiss family tree house with Disney store props.

^^

yeah, but the sauce is gross and can't be good for you.....there are many places that offer healthy choices in DTD.....one does not have to eat in the park....if I'm watchign what i eat i don't say, 'oh well, only non-healthy choices...guess I'll tank up."...No, I go find food i want to eat....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    ^^

there are many places that offer healthy choices in DTD.....one does not have to eat in the park...
    Agreed. But what if you don't want to leave the park. And it's no excuse for not offering more quality and more healthy food choices inside the park. Someone said in another thread...it's an amusement park...you get amusement park food. Wrong. Disneyland is more than an "amusement park", so it follows that we should expect more food choices.

Thank you,

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

^^
    I disagree...DL is an amusement/theme park...nothing more...should they offer more food choices? Perhaps, btut hey won't unless epople demand it and people seem pretty happy chowing down on churros, popcorn and dole whips....why would they change a formula thats workign for them?...at that point the choice is the individuals. they choose to stay in the park and eat junk...or they choose to leave and seek more food options...there's always a choice...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

[quote=SCUBAbe]^^
    I disagree...DL is an amusement/theme park...nothing more...should they offer more food choices? quote]

Final thought on the matter in this thread...Seems to me that Walt sure envisioned Disneyland to be more than just an amusement park...that's why he wanted to build it in the first place.

And maybe it's just my foggy memory but before all the cutbacks and bean counters, pardon the pun, there was better quality and food choices in-park...

Bengal BBQ may not be the best eating establishment around, but at least it's something more than a churro, or a tasteless burger and cold fries.

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

^^
    yeah, but walts been dead for 40+ years....and dispite what he wanted he did build and amusement/theme park. as far as food chioces...if people buy the crap they peddle they won't change. Compared to other theme/amyusement parks DL offers some really good choices. When I went to Sea World they ahd nothign good to choose from excpet at one restuarant that had a mile long line, but unlike DL leaving wasn't that easy at Sea World. thankfully i do have a platinum pass and parking was very close and the line to get in was nonexsistanttant for us, but ti was still a PITA to leave and come back. At least at DL there are many choices in walking distance.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast