Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IJA Refurbishment

SO what do you want done with IJA?

-Rat Room
    -ETC

List what you would like

I hear about Mara's broken eye. What is broken about it?
    5 days a week

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Re: IJA Refurbishment

I've been told by a friend about a defunct effect...not sure if this is the "eye" thing you're talking about, but...either before or after the snake room (probably before?), the Mara statue you go in front of on the bridge shoots a "laser beam" out of it's eye that hits the ceiling and supposedly makes part of it crumble and fall relatively close to the car (done with an ice machine). I've heard that the ice machine hasn't worked for quite some time, and that it'd be near impossible to fix/replace, since the machine was built into the ceiling. If there's any truth to that rumor, and as hard as it sounds to fix, I'd love to see it working. ^^

• Small Projects Team

The ice machince is on the floor, and the ice used to be conveyered up(inside the giant columns) before it was dropped. Personally, I'd liked to see the rat room actually work, they should've been able to find better technology for that by now.

whats the rat room?

• Lowering Expectations

The Rat Room is basically nothing more than a dark (I get the feeling that it's a plain black rectangular) room that is filled with fog (your jeep stops momentarily right before it to allow the fog to stop moving from the last jeep to go through), and a projector shows an image of rats falling off a branch as the troop transport vehicle goes right through the image. I forget if it's the projector or what the issue is, but for quite some time this effect has not been working- the only way you can tell that anything is supposed to happen there at all is if you knew what it was when it worked. And even when the effect did work, at least IMO it's the dullest part of the ride, almost like the Imagineers couldn't come up with anything to fill in the part between the main Skull Room and the Hall of Arrows.

There is definitely potential for improvement in the Rat Room. How about an extensive re-Imagineering of this E-ticket in time for the fourth Indy Jones movie to debut in 2007?

• Silly Bird?

njacobus- What do you mean by ETC?

re:ice machine- I remember riding Indy in the first year of operation when the ice machine worked. I thought the effect worked well. When the ice all hit the ground, it made a very loud slapping noise. Another cool thing about this effect, the ice took on an orange red color from the lights surounding it, on my first trip I thought it was supposed to be lava.

I have a very simple request... I think there should be more Corpses in the catacombes, like three times as there are now. And get those dead guys closer to the cars.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

I remember the ice machine effect - it was great. It was one of those "how did they do that" effects. They definetly need to repair it.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Wow I never got to see this ice machine effect. I didn't get a chance to ride Indy until '99. I still think it's the best ride in the park, and I will until they come up with something more amazing. I guess since I only get there about once a year now, I don't notice the little things that are broken since I am so happy to be there and riding my beloved Indy. Are you serious about a new movie??? Is Harrison out of his mind!! He is still sexy, but getting kinda old to be an action hero dontcha think? Guess times must be tough for the old boy.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    IMO it's the dullest part of the ride, almost like the Imagineers couldn't come up with anything to fill in the part between the main Skull Room and the Hall of Arrows.

There is definitely potential for improvement in the Rat Room. How about an extensive re-Imagineering of this E-ticket in time for the fourth Indy Jones movie to debut in 2007?
    Either that, or replace it with a smoke ring effect like it's sister attraction in Tokyo Disneysea. I think it's about in the same location of the ride.

Another thing about Tokyo's they should bring over for refurb...make the arrow room statues *3D*. As they are right now, you can really tell they're just flat, painted plywood pictures of statues. xD

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

One thing I've always been amazed is that while they look flat, you still can't ever see the fact that the pipes that the wind come out actually come out of the flats quite far. At least, that's how I remember it from when we had to evacuate the ride.

• Basking in birthday love

The ice machine got the track too wet, which caused serious problems. It would be nice if they could do an alternate effect, but the one that used to be there is gone for good. As for the rat room, you mean the "We ran out of money" room? Yeah, it would be nice if they could do something with that...

For the record, it took me a moment to figure out what you meant by IJA. I've only heard to it abbreviated to Indy.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• ...TWO BITS!

Bring back the smoke effect after you look into the eyes of Mara. That room between The Chamber of whatever and Indy holding back the door is supposed to have a smoke effect. That's why you feel like you flying there.

- Repair/replace/update falling rubble effect. Someone said an Imagineer told them to use wax instead of water.

-In the bug room, leg ticklers?? Use the blasts of air (it's supposed to feel like bugs are falling on you) for flapping bat wings. You would also have to hear the bats to understand what's above you.

- Right between the bug room and the bridge, I always notice this bare area to the left of the jeep. I guess make it look like a lava pit.

- Put the smoke ring effect inside the entrance of the dark tunnel. It's under the bridge after you drive inside Mara's head chamber. Have it inside the tunnel. A sculpture of a head is lit up as your jeep goes closer to it. Then it blows the smoke ring and the sculpture disappears in the darkness (light dims). Then your jeep spins out of control in complete darkness

- Rat Room- replace with cobwebs. Then put AA rats crawling around the walls. Starting from where the jeep sometimes stops and pretends to stall and start back up.

- 3D arrow room

PS, this is my favorite DL ride

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Either that, or replace it with a smoke ring effect like it's sister attraction in Tokyo Disneysea. I think it's about in the same location of the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    - Put the smoke ring effect inside the entrance of the dark tunnel. It's under the bridge after you drive inside Mara's head chamber. Have it inside the tunnel. A sculpture of a head is lit up as your jeep goes closer to it. Then it blows the smoke ring and the sculpture disappears in the darkness (light dims). Then your jeep spins out of control in complete darkness
    I would also like to see this effect moved into Indy;s rat room, but I was thinking more along the lines of having two of Mara's projected eyes shoot towards the car, as opposed to a ring. I just think it would work better with the ride.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

I say:

-Smoke effect in the tunnel of torment (in between indy holding doors and when you look at Mara)

-Maybe something in between Indy holding the doors and the overview of the temple

-Bug room should take out the air poofs and replace with the water effect at Universal Studios mummy part in the tram (AIr is too similiar to darts)

-Some sort of way to replace the ice machine effect on the bridge

-Maybe a bunch of little snakes in the snake room

-More heat in skull area (you are right next to lava)

-If kept as rat room, replace projector
    -get more branches
    -get the effect from Honey, I shrunk (the rat tails against your heel)

-OR, Change to smoke ball effect

-3d statues in the dart room

Close that vehicle storage door in straight ahead in the dart room (ALSO ADD DARTS(AIR) FROM THERE SO IT COMES STRAIGHT AHEAD

-this would rule.....ADD PHOTO TO THE BOULDER PART

-Add something in between boulder and final phrase from Indy

DO IT!
    5 days a week

• Can Only Wish For More!

Weren't there booby-traps in the queue when the ride opened? I remember something happening way back before fastpass.

Hmm, maybe I'm just dreaming.

Thanks!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast