Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

Why is Disneyland(park or Resort) special to you?

Its probably special to me because i grew up going there. I have gone there atleast every year for the Holiday Parade but still the music from that and the end of the Holiday Fireworks give me the chills.

Why is Disneyland special to you?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Why is Disneyland(park or Resort) special to you?

It was the only place where I could go and always have fun as a child (kids were always mean to me when I was little).

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    (kids were always mean to me when I was little).

I'm so sorry to hear that

I go because its the one place that my son and I can be alone (without my mother hounding me about "is he warm enough? don't let him touch that its dirty...oh wash his hand" Ugh) and we can run around, get on rides, and eat pretzels and people watch. Its also the place where I can get away from my loud, demanding family.
    Last edited by clara; 03-12-2006 at 03:02 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

My reasons are probably different on many levels while still the same in many respects. Many of the people here are from the SoCal area and grew up with Disneyland in their backyard. I grew up 400 miles away in the middle of Arizona (and for some reason am still here.) However the charm, beauty and splendor of Disney reached me in the form of the summer family vacation.

So how does this make me Disney fan? I grew up with a family that couldn't get along. My mom and dad were constantly at each other, but once a year they would get along as we vacationed somewhere in SoCal. Every other year was a Disneyland trip, so I learned to look forward to a week in California where the fighting would stop. After my parents went through a bitter divorce in my early teens I didn't get to return until I could afford it on my own. My first visit on my own was when I was 19 and I took my girlfriend at the time.

After that, I knew Disneyland was my happy place and return as often as I can. The only difference is now I don't have to deal with the fighting and I get to take my wife and two girls and share the magic.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Clearing my Calendar

I like it because, for a few days, I'm a kid again. Complete with the freedom of not having to worry about bills, rent, debt, jobs... Just a great place to eat what you want when you want, ride what you want, do what you want.

"But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• no flash photography...

Its' not that special to me. I don't really understand the infatuation with the park. I go because it's clean and pretty safe and used to be fun to take my child there, but she's pretty much grown up now and I'm burned out on DL. It's such an effort to go and once I'm there I want to leave. My AP expires tomorrow and I won't be renewing it anytime soon.

I had more fun at sea world when i went last august.....I plan on spending my time going places I haven't been before. I ahve more fun doing new stuff rather the same old things....My plan is to renew in dec 06...if I miss it by then.

My husband and I met working there. We both worked in the same department, fell in love and married in vegas. Our friends gave us some Mickey and Minnie Champagne glasses, and decorated our car in the cast member parking lot.

We are still married, we have been together for 7 years and have two beautiful boys.
    www.reveles.net
    "a whole lot of nothin"

• Banned User

Well it was special as a kid from Chicago to go to Florida to see my grandparents in Orlando, before the park was there, but then WDW opened and, the grandparents fell to second tier.

Now I'm in Long Beach and the Disney jewelry account helps to pay bill$, so I really think it's special now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BUY PIRATE PRINCESS JEWELRY $$$$$$$$$$$$

• For You!

My dad used to be a dance professor at Cal State Fullerton. I was in preschool and kindergarten those years. His students used to be the characters and dancers through out the park. So, they would let him know who they were going to be and to bring my brother and I to see them. We always got special attention from the characters and in the parades.

We lived in Fullerton, so every night, my dad and I climbed a tree in the back of my house and sit on the roof to watch the fireworks.

We moved to Utah when I was in the first grade, but went back every year.

It was the only times that I can remember that my whole family got along and were happy. My parents are divorced now, and all the kids are scattered. So, I hang on to those happy memories.

Now, I take my kids once or twice a year. I just love the feeling of Disneyland - and all the fun and joy it brings to my kids faces.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Mine is a common reason. When I was younger my parents fought about everything, and there favorite game was bringing me my brother and my sister into the middle of it. When we went to Disneyland the roadtrip was of course painfull because my parents spent the whole 12 hours nagging each other but when we got there it all disappeared. We spent those 3 or 4 days there as a happy family. Now going there reminds me of a less complicated time in my life: without bills, hurts, work or school.

• I'm your huckleberry.

One word: escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Why is disneyland specail to me? its been my favorite place to go to ever since i was a kid. I even went when i was two months old so i was born a disney fanatic. There is just so much charm and detail in all the lands and rides. And it was the one park that walt oversaw while it was being built and he made changes even then that he thought would be the best for his park.

• Minion

Growning up it is my childhood. Even though my parents got a divorce when I was young. Everytime we went to DL it was like nothing was wrong. When I was there it was like nothing had changed. Looking back it was the Magic that we felt when we passed through the gates. Mom would take us one month and then we would tell our Dad and then he would take us just to spite her. It was great.
    Jason

• For You!

It's really sad to hear about all the family disputes and divorces. I'm glad there is one place that we can all find happiness at!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I believe I first went to Disneyland at the age of three, and that was in the mid 1960's. There are no words to describe how magical this place was:

The trees in the hub sparkled at night. I saw Tinkerbell fly down from the Matterhorn. Disney characters were everywhere. Yummy stuff to eat in all of the shops. I could be a pirate, Tom Sawyer, Daniel Boone, or an astronaut. Glassblowers made incredible things in the castle. Dumbo and the ships in Peter Pan actually FLEW. America the Beautiful made it FEEL like you were flying. With the ticket books, it wasn't long until all of the E's were gone and you had to work your way down to the A's. And the saddest time of the entire year was having to make the long march up Main Street at the end of the night to go home. When you walked out of those gates, there was no returning. Until next year. And that was assuming dad would find the car in the biggest parking lot in the world.

We began to go every year on my birthday. As a teenager, I went almost every summer with a group of friends from work. On Grad Night, I rode Space Mountain, made out on Monsanto and the People Mover, and danced to KC and the Sunshine Band who played on Tom Sawyers Island.

I proposed to my wife in the Disneyland Hotel several years later, and she obviously said yes....right before we watched the fireworks from the balcony. On our 3rd anniversary, we got tickets to club 33 and a manager friend of mine got us the big corner suite on the 9th floor of the Disneyland Hotel. What an amazing night...

And so now...some FORTY years after my first trip, the same train whistle, sound of the fire engine, clang of the street car...they all take me back to my first time there. The magic, for me, is still there, buried by tons of concerns and projects that are due...but it's still there. And when I take my kids now...and see their eyes light up in wonder...it's like living it all over again.

Why is Disneyland special to me? Like many of you, I don't think I ever really grew up. I'm assuming 90 percent of us in this forum are kids at heart. And if I think back on where I had the best time as a child, it was no contest. Next to being home surrounded by my family, Disneyland was and is the happiest place on earth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast