Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Master of Disaster

7 Year old boy killed outside disneyland

I just saw it on the news so I dont have a link for you guys but a family was crossing the road from the disneyland parking lot (Timon) to the Convention center and a young man didnt see them and ran over 4 of them. 3 in the hospital and 1 (7 year old boy) dead.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    :O Thats sad It'll also bring som unwanted attention to the resort...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

wow, that sucks. I've crossed the street there, and it is pretty dangerous...
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• wasting time

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4325165/deta...ss=la&psp=news

A child reportedly was killed Monday when a Cadillac driven by a minor struck a group of people crossing Katella Avenue at Convention Way, just east of the Anaheim Convention Center, police said.

Police were called at 5:50 p.m. to the intersection, where a group of pedestrians in a crosswalk were struck by a youth driving a burgundy Cadillac, said Anaheim Police Sgt. Rick Martinez.

• Santa Barbara, CA

That is really awful. I can't imagine how bad the family must feel. I hope the crossings are well marked and the lighting is adequate. I'd hate to see this happen again.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Old Timer

A minor in a Cadillac?

Thats terrible, you would think after all these years Disney would have implemented some sort of pedestrian safety idea like maybe overhead crosswalks or something. So sad that now a family is scarred permanently only because they wanted their children to see Disneyland.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Blog Entries
    They were leaving disney. And disney has nothing to do with the roads. That would be your local road department.

~

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    What if they were leaving the resort to go to their car? Could Disney still be held partially liable?
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Blog Entries
    Well the car was either in parking lot of disney, or in another. But if they got in car they'd be fine. But they were just crossing road...

~

• Rainicorn.

Totally not Disney's fault.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Wow... that's so sad. I feel terrible for this family. What a horrible way to end a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.
    I have to say though, I also feel sorry for the teen driving the car. How could you ever live with yourself after something like that? I mean, it sounds like it was his fault, so he did bring it onto himself. And I feel much worse for the boy's family.But still, living the rest of your life with that on your conscience?
    Last edited by grvtydefy; 03-29-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: changing tone

• Master of Disaster

on the news they showed the driver of the car sitting on the curb with his arms on his knees and his head between his arms and legs like crying/shaking.

I would probably be the same way too.

• Minion

Yeah, I saw that. Really puts into context everything I've been learning about the responsibility one accepts by being a driver and how one moment can change your life. (I'm taking Drivers Ed. to get my licensce)

• Minion

Our hearts and prayers go out to all involved.

If it was at the location I am thinking it is, the crosswalk is Very clearly marked, with plenty of lighting and I belive there is even a signal with walk/dont walk signs.

This is so sad...
    It is surprising how difficult it can be to walk to the surrounding hotels in the Disneyland area due to inadequate crossing zones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast