• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Storytellers restraunt makes magic

Quick report; my daughter and I went to Storytellers on Thursday and she asked our waiter when the buffet had barbqued chicken since the menue had barbqued ribs and she had chicken before at the buffet? He said they never knew until the day of what was featured on the buffet but would ask if she could get BBQ chicken. He went to the kitchen staff and came back to let us know that they were preparing BBQ chicken for her as part of her buffet , now is that Disney Magic service or what? That is Walts dream and mission that the guest experience is what counts.

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Storytellers restraunt makes magic

I'm glad you had a good time - the two meals I had at the Storytellers Cafe were some of the top meals while I was at Disneyland - It just can't be beaten for a great family meal without the frills of the Napa Rose or Blue Bayou - the food and service was top notch. If only I could remember the name of the excelent woman who served us both times!

(The other top meals were the Blue Bayou and Goofy's Kitchen, with the Blue Bayou having Great Food and truly top-notch Service and Atmosphere, and Goofy's kitchen for having Goofy, a Super-Enthusiastic Alladin, Marry Poppins who told me off for having a bowl of soft-serve for desert, Minnie who Joined in with MAPO and countless others! Wish the food there was as good as the characters... Red Rocket's does a killer Pasta and Salad as well!)
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 03-13-2006 at 01:36 AM.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Storytellers restraunt makes magic

Wow. What fantastic service! That's the service that make CD's the great people they are. Yeah I know there are exceptions (grumble grumble) but as a whole Disney CM's are fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Re: Storytellers restraunt makes magic

Things weren't so magic for me at my last Storytellers meal. On New Years day, they were having a special holiday buffet, and NO corn chowder soup. They had butternut squash soup instead---too sweet.

I dine at Storytellers especially for the corn chowder. I asked and asked. It's not as if this is some obscure item. It's their signature. No-can-do. The Holiday buffet, is the holiday buffet. What they have out is whatcha get, no substitutions.

I really missed that corn chowder.

I'm not upset with Storytellers, though.

I'll just never go there for the special Holiday Buffets. Just stick to the regular dinner buffet with the classic corn chowder.

Butternut squash-------bummer!