Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dr. Harleen Quinzel

Attraction years?

Ok so you know how in Six flags L.A. there are posters/pictures of each ride and what year they opened? Well I wanted to know what year each attraction was opened In Disneyland resort, like what was the first attraction to be opened? Just a little curious.
    Polynesian girl

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Attraction years?

Well that's a long list. I can start off with a few...

The Darkrides:
    Snow White- 1955
    Peter Pan - 1955
    Mr. Toad - 1955

E-Tickets
    Jungle Cruise - 1955
    Pirates of the Caribbean - 1967
    The Haunted Mansion - 1969
    Indiana Jones - 1995
    Splash Mntn - 1989

Those are just a few right off the top of my head...

E-Ticket
    Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage - 2007

• Circle of Ancients

E Tickets
    Space Mntn - 1977
    BTMRR - 1979

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I know Disneyland: Inside Story has a complete list that spans opening all the way to Splash Mountain. It is quite the extensive list and spans a couple of pages.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for spoiling all of the fun guys!

I liked the way we were all doing it before... making our own list...Now everyone just keep on listing random attractions and their opening dates. Let's see how many we can name.

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough- 1957

Now it is your turn! And no looking at those links or you will be disqualified. Let that games continue...

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding
    Thanks for spoiling all of the fun guys!
    I will cop any punishment you see fit, be it a flogging with the smiting stick or being strapped down Clockwork Orange style in Golden Dreams for 8 hours.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Dr. Harleen Quinzel

Talking Re: Attraction years?

Don't look at me, I was the one who asked the question, so that qualifies me to just watch and learn....well read and learn. But the way I see is I get to learn and have fun! Fwee!
    Polynesian girl

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well there could be disputes though too as to when attractions opened. Disneyland: Inside Story lists all of the Fantasyland dark rides as having opened in 1983, counting there 1955 counterparts as seperate attractions. Similarly, RCDB.com lists two Space Mountains, the one that opened in 1977 and the new one that just opened in 2005.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    I will cop any punishment you see fit, be it a flogging with the smiting stick or being strapped down Clockwork Orange style in Golden Dreams for 8 hours.
    I choose option B for your punishment.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Well there could be disputes though too as to when attractions opened. Disneyland: Inside Story lists all of the Fantasyland dark rides as having opened in 1983, counting there 1955 counterparts as seperate attractions. Similarly, RCDB.com lists two Space Mountains, the one that opened in 1977 and the new one that just opened in 2005.
    Well the new Space Mountain hasn't relocated has it? It's still the same old ride... It has just been revamped. The Fantasyland darkrides fit in the same scenario. I don't know why Disney feels the need to seperate the old versions from the new ones. They are still the same attractions. They have just been updated.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well I do not know about the dark rides as I never experienced the pre-1983 versions. Space Mountain recieved much more than a refurb or update a la Space Mountain: Mission 2. Space Mountain today is completely new tracks and cars from the one that premeried in 1977. If the fantasyland dark rides were also completely gutted and replaced then they could fall into the same category.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

My opinion is to count the 'Original Opening Date' as the keystone.

But the OOD is not the only date to track - keep the 'Comments Column' open for things that would count as a major milestone, not all of which would apply to Space Mtn. Things like total replacement of track system, total redo of interior or exterior theming, total replacement/restyling of cars, addition of synchronized sound system, addition of day & night theme changes, addition of multiple or random ride pattern changes, etc.

The RCDB has a point - when you gut the building, toss the old cars, track, lighting and sound, and control systems and start fresh, it's a new coaster from a thrill-ride perspective... Even if it's the exact same track layout and similar theming. The trick is in 'where do you draw the line?'

Under a more stringent system, 'Monsters Inc. M&STTR' at DCA would be forever linked to SuperStar Limo for the Original Opening Date - it's just a total re-theme. The cars and interior track layout are the same, the same load/unload areas, the building exterior wasn't touched and it looks like very minor interior partition-wall changes. The facade was just repainted with minimal physical changes (none that I noticed, but I'll leave the door open) and a lot of the limited-motion AA's were re-purposed from SSL.

If they'd torn out the building to a shell and started over with a new ride system, then I'd consider it a "New" ride. Under this system, Buzz Lightyear SRS counts as "New" and Circlevision 360 is in Yesterland.

The jury is still out on whether 'Finding Nemo Submarines' is a re-theme, but until I see different that's how I call it - they're using the same vehicles and track route, but adding more show building space and a total re-theme.

Same uncertainty with Peoplemover and Rocket Rods. It was a totally different ride system and a different track, but the same route. And as to the theming... (What? There was theming? )

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Circle of Ancients

Well I do not know about the dark rides as I never experienced the pre-1983 versions. Space Mountain recieved much more than a refurb or update a la Space Mountain: Mission 2. Space Mountain today is completely new tracks and cars from the one that premeried in 1977. If the fantasyland dark rides were also completely gutted and replaced then they could fall into the same category.
    But Disneyland didn't even dub it as an all new attraction. It is the same ride. It didn't get a rename like Disneyland Paris's did. It is still the original Mountain and the original voyage. RockIt Mountain is a new name, and would most likely count as a new attraction...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast