• white and nerdy

Walking from Katella

Last time I was at the parks I noticed that people were walking in and out near the parking booth at the harbor blvd auto entrance (they were walking in though a gate in the fence and getting on the trams to go to the parks) I hadn't noticed this before. Then at the end of the night it was announced that the Timon tram was for the katella walking entrance as well. ..

BUT... there was a bunch of conventions going on at the time. Is that entrance a viable way to get to the parks from Katella or is it just something they open up when conventions are around?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Walking from Katella

Were they wearing Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion costumes by chance?

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Were they wearing Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion costumes by chance?
    no... so I take it that this is a cast member entrance?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• My Children's Father

The End is near ......T-Gel has asked a serious, parody-free question ........ REPENT!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    The End is near ......T-Gel has asked a serious, parody-free question ........ REPENT!
    oh, there is humor and parody there... you gust have to look deep. So very, very deep. Deeper than a pit to China.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Sounds like they had the Pummba Parking Lot open (It was open yesterday).

This is on Disney Way, just behind some of the Hotels on Harbor.

Disney does not offer tram service to this lot. They tried buses for awhile (They have to use street legal vehicles), but the loading and unloading was taking a long time per bus, since they only had one entrance, sometimes two.

But not much walking is saved by using the Lion King Tram to get to Pummba.

Here is the walking route without a tram (.58 of a mile)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=63713

And here is the walk from the Timon Lot tram stop to Pummba (.55 of a mile, including a .09 of a mile walk from the center of the Main Entry Plaza to the tram loading area).

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=63718

So not much of a savings at all...

But parking at Pummba isn't as bad as being sent to Simba if the Timon lot is full...(that is .77 of a mile, with no tram service).

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=63725
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

If the gate you are referring to is on Katella across from the Convention Center it is open for guests to use every day. The purpose is for people staying at area hotels south of the park to be able to access the Timon trams. It has been there and has been used as long as I have worked at Disneyland (5 years).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    Last time I was at the parks I noticed that people were walking in and out near the parking booth at the harbor blvd auto entrance (they were walking in though a gate in the fence and getting on the trams to go to the parks) I hadn't noticed this before. Then at the end of the night it was announced that the Timon tram was for the katella walking entrance as well. ..

BUT... there was a bunch of conventions going on at the time. Is that entrance a viable way to get to the parks from Katella or is it just something they open up when conventions are around?
    This entrance is across the street from the Convention Center. If the parking lot is open (it is during peak times) you can cross and enter at that gate, then catch the tram to the front. My kids used to do it all the time when we stayed at the Hilton. They said it was faster than using the shuttles.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.