Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• no flash photography...

Re: Why no AP entrance gates?

yeah...they could have an AP entrance as long as i didn't have to use it...as long as I had a choice. i could imagine the lines, but hey...maybe it would go fast since AP people don't put their passes in their pockets, plastic holder or purses......I've had to wait behind some really slow AP people...and they always want to chat it up with the CM at the gate....but as long as I had my choice of using it or not then I ahve nothing against it.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I think AP's should wait in line like anyone else.. the people that were in line before you deserve entry first, so it really isn't fair.. I'd be mad If I saw people just walking in the park, and then theres me standing in line..
    One really cool thing about sea world si they had different lanes into the parking lot depending on what level pass you had. the platinum line was always non-exitant...while the other lines were backed up pretty far. That was pretty cool, but there was no special ticket line that I knew of to get in the park, but there was reserved seating...which was cool....excpet for when people didn't read the huge banner and the signs on the seat and decided to just sit down anyway...they were made to leave, but it wasn't fun to watch....

• Minion

Has anyone seen the AP line in front of the bank? enough said.
    Jason

• The Unknown Princess

I don't know about AP-only line. I mean you paid for your ticket. So did I. I have my ticket out but because I don't have an AP I can't get through faster? I have been in a line behind an AP'er that stood and chatted with the CM for 5 minutes because they were friends. I was irkitated for a few moments but realized if that was my friend I would have done the same. But you could imagine if all APers stood around talking to CMs they knew at the gate for 5 minutes each?

You can also think that an APer wether they live near or farther away wouldn't have bought an AP if they didn't think they could get their money's worth by being able to go on another day if it wasn't to their liking. Most tourist don't have that option. Its do-or-die-while-at-DL for the tourist visitor whereas most APers can and will probably return within the next year.

If your (general your) impatience is so strong that you can't stand in line "like eveyrone else" then maybe going to DL isn't as relaxing as you think it is.

I do however like the PA system and the CMs inside assisting questions guests may have.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Vehicle rotating backward

I guess I should clarify my post a little:

I don't support AP-only lines. I think that it's silly to want an Express Lane to run in and get in line for an attraction that will probably take longer than your line at the front gate.

My suggestion was that if AP gates were to exist, there should be a fair number of them, and the APs should have to go use those. I don't think one or two with a line going out to Timbuktu is a smart idea, but if APs don't want to deal with "tourist imbeciles" or whatever on their visit, then us tourist imbeciles don't want any APs getting in our lines because they think the lines that exist just for them are too long.

I don't need APs who are unhappy with their own special lines getting in my way, if we're going to play it that way. I mean, it's bad enough that all of us out-of-towners are slow imbeciles and everything.

I really do agree with the no-bag pass through security, though.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i would love an AP entrance line, but as we've already established, so many people would get in the wrong line, it would probably take just as long or longer.

i think the issue is the ticketing media DL uses. there are so many different tickets (AP, CM, one-day, park-hopper, 2fer, etc.) that people get confused. not only that, with the signing, checking ID, stamping the date, etc., it all seems very slow and cumbersome. since disney is already using the biometrics at WDW, perhaps they should use that technology at DL. i've read about some of the issues, but i'm sure they could make improvements in the system, if need be.
    <o>

• Basking in birthday love

Look, people are dumb, and when they're on vacation, they feel entitled to be dumb. And that's aside from the guests who don't speak or read English. By and large, signs get ignored. Case in point: I visited Josh the Pirate, who was working greeter at PotC, the day Mansion reopened. I chatted with him for about fifteen minutes at the entrance, which is clearly blocked off and has signage around announcing the closure. And--I kept track--no fewer than fourteen times, we were asked, "So is this closed?"

*facepalm*

I think that a CM/AP line at Mickey and Friends might be useful, so that those of us who don't have to pay can just scan our cards and go, without tying up a CM. And a "no bags" line at the security tents would also be useful. But I don't think a separate entrance gate would work.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

I loved when they tried out the AP lines. It was so much quicker. I don't think I should have to wait with tourists who take forever to get through the turn stiles. But I'm just an AP'er so I don't matter much.

How about automated voice and/or face recognition? ... no admission media required.

Guests might even be able to have special interactions with characters and other Disneyland hosts and hostesses during which they use the names of the guests and are able to recall other personal information.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Look what you started Piratemickey...shame on you..LOL! Never discuss AP's, strikes, or strollers - you can see what can happen!

Wow!

Look what I started.

And I thought all that I had to do to stay safe was to keep away from politics and religious type threads...LOL!

Seems like I struck a nerve or two out there. Oh well, you can't please all of the people, all of the time. But then again, I've never been that type of person anyway.

After reading so many complaints recently about the long lines at the entry gates, I thought that I would throw my two cents in about my experiences this trip with those same lines. Little did I know that my one suggestion of having one or two AP entry gates would cause such a firestorm!

Personally, it's no surprise to me that we have to encounter the long lines. We practically expect it. Lines are just part of the whole experience. It's just frustrating to see that so many folks are that clueless about such a simple thing as entering a theme park. It really makes me wonder...

And believe me, the lines don't detract me and my family from enjoying the Park. We relax and enjoy the Park whether we have to wait 30 minutes to get in or no wait at all. We're in no rush. We're "on vacation" too.

Actually, one of the first things that we do is stop off at the fruit stand on Main St, pick up a snack, and then enjoy it while sitting on the porch while we people watch.

No running from one Fastpass machine to the next while screaming, "get out of my way, I have an AP and I know how to use it!!!" for us.

Actually, if you must know, all of the "tricks" that we have learned about have come from the school of hard knocks, or in other words, from being a regular customer of the Park for the past 20+ years, not from some mythical handbook that some folks here claim must be distributed with each AP purchase.

Sure, we see folks abuse the CM's and other guests by trying to throw their weight around because they have an AP. We are certainly not one of them. There are a few folks here on MC that know us personally and would vouch very highly of us. We're not part of the me, me, me, crowd that some have spoken of (and accused us of being a part of). And we certainly spend more than the average Joe does on our trips to the Park. I'd be willing to match receipts with anybody, to see who spends what.

Once again, our AP "entitles" (love that word, LOL!) us to nothing more than an economical way to get into the Park and to "qualify" us for the lower rates at the Resort Hotels, which we stay at 99% of the time during our usual four-one week trips per year, along with the discounts for food and souveniers. That's it! Nothing more, nothing less. We know that we did not buy our way into the Disney family by purchasing an AP. And we don't act that way either.

Back to my OP...

By suggesting the possible solution towards shortening the wait at the entry gates by having a few of those gates set aside for AP holders makes me a bad person, then so be it. It was an honest question/suggestion to help out in the overall experience of enjoying the Park for everyone involved, AP'ers and non AP'ers. And it was based on my PERSONAL observations made while currently here at the Park (relaxing, on vacation).

Thanks to a few fine posts in response to my question, I understand the situation better. To those folks, I give a hearty Thank you.

To the others....Well, whatever floats your boat.

Happy posting!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Hey I know this is OT, but wouldn't it be nice to have a "Tourist ONLY" day at DL. Then there would be NO confusion about which gate to enter, and no AP's talking to CM's they know for 5 mins. Hey I used to be an AP, and I never griped about things like this. Now that I am not, maybe a day without them would be nice in the park. Sorry guys.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    Hey I know this is OT, but wouldn't it be nice to have a "Tourist ONLY" day at DL. Then there would be NO confusion about which gate to enter, and no AP's talking to CM's they know for 5 mins. Hey I used to be an AP, and I never griped about things like this. Now that I am not, maybe a day without them would be nice in the park. Sorry guys.
    Expand that idea, and then you'd be on my side.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Expand that idea, and then you'd be on my side.
    We need a smiley for when someone's drinking and spits it out.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub
    We need a smiley for when someone's drinking and spits it out.
    Ahh, I assume everyone knows where I'm coming from and how serious (not) I am.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• love my friends

this is a great idea

I ahve no clue why they dont do that

they DO have an early entry gate.. go figure

disney hmmmmmm

Friends for life

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456