Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• My Own Oasis

Oingo Boingo at Disneyland

Here's a neat little video I came across from Grad Nite 1986?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5kWx09OJvmc

Were any of my fellow micechatters there? Or does anybody know where this was at the park? It isn't recognizable to me. Im jealous that I didn't have anybody as cool as Oingo Boingo at my Grad Nite (class of 2004). BTW don't ya just love the image of the Wicked Witch from Snow White and the Big Bad Wolf dancing together? lol

Re: Oingo Boingo at Disneyland

For starters, Oingo Boingo had their farewell tour several years before 2004, but yes, it would have been great to see them. I remember a neighbor friend of mine going to Grad Nite sometime in the mid-late 80s (after 1986 but before 1990) and seeing some then popular tennie-boper singer like Tiffany or Debbie Gibson perform.

I don't have sound here at work, but I can't wait to see this when I get home tonight. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by adoborocks

Were any of my fellow micechatters there? Or does anybody know where this was at the park? It isn't recognizable to me. Im jealous that I didn't have anybody as cool as Oingo Boingo at my Grad Nite (class of 2004). BTW don't ya just love the image of the Wicked Witch from Snow White and the Big Bad Wolf dancing together? lol

• Rock Star Minion

I saw OB at Universal during their farewell tour. Great concert.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• New Waver

Very cool thanks for sharing. To bad it looks like they are lip syncing though. Nice find, and proof that the 80's were so much cooler then now!

• Minion

i was born in 1986 ... i wish i could have been there to see them

oingo boingo is awesome

Most likely the venue was a temporary set-up for Grad Nite, like the stage for the Rockin the Bay concerts. They can turn an ordinarily recognizable area into something way different literally overnite.

This was the theatre that is gone--now turned into the snow white theatre They used to have some awesome concerts there. The cheer contests, etc. I kind of miss that.....

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by adoborocks

I'm a little sad to say that YES, I was there for Grad Nite 1986 (I was not the graduate) !!!

I don't remember for sure if Oingo Boingo actually were there for Grad Nite (are you sure they actually showed up?) But Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine were playing where they now have Fantasmic, Mister Mister was playing where they now have the Snow White Theater, Tears for Fears was playing somewhere... I know there were some others but I can't remember off the top of my head. I have a friend that went that I will see Saturday so I can ask. (If I remember)

I do remember that the Matterhorn was the last ride of the evening!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Senior Minion

Awesome, I love this band, good stuff. Thanks for the link. Took me back a bit.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I Love Disneyland!!

p.s. Adobo does rock!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• 1 Fanboy to Rule Them All

Kinda neat that one of the members of Oingo Boingo would have his music become a winter favourite, ala Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's just one of those things you couldn't really see coming down the road.

I agree! Wouldn't it be cool if Dead Man's Party also played in the HM at some point, although I'm not so sure I'd like it playing during the non-overlay season. Since HMH is all about NBC, I guess it doesn't leave anywhere to put it. What about Rockit Mansion? Haunted by day, Rockin' by night? Oh boy, the purists would eat me alive with that one...

Quote Originally Posted by CousinPhil
    Kinda neat that one of the members of Oingo Boingo would have his music become a winter favourite, ala Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's just one of those things you couldn't really see coming down the road.

• there's always my way...

That was Videopolis (Snow White theater) in 1984 I was class of 1989 and I got to see en vouge, timmy t, c&c music factory and stevie b. All sucked compared to Oingo Boingo.

I love that video, I remember dancing in those isles it was so much fun.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Mousketeer

I actually think that this was in the space mountain stage, it would probably have been the last year before they enclosed it for capt EO.

I remember seeing a couple of big performers there back then.

Hey that was pretty cool. I also like Danny's tour of La Luz de Jesus Gallery. It's one of my favorite places.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast