Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Can you cut it? Gumball Rally:Disneyland Style

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Would you have to do a round trip on the train, or could you use it just to get from one area to another?
    I don't think a full passage is necessary... just a ride from one land to the next.

On another note: I struggled with the Tiki Room and HISTA, and even TSI since you do have to ride a raft to get there. I decided against all 3, but if everybody thinks we should leave some, one, or all 3 in, then I'm game. I just figured making it all "rides" instead of "attractions" would make it easier to figure out what qualifies.

Any suggestions on dates?
    Personally, I probably wouldn't be able to do it until sometime in the summer, or possibly this fall.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• I Love Disneyland!!

Maybe instead of counting those in the list, you can say you must ride 42 out of 45 rides (just to account for closed rides....) then if you didn't want to sit through the Tiki Room, you wouldn't have to.

I know the game is to ride all of the rides... but what if some are down?

This is a great idea! Sounds like fun!
    I will start practicing.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Side note. I saw this movie when I was a kid in the theatre. This is the best car movie ever. It's finally on DVD. For all the gear heads out there.
    You have to get this movie. Now back to the topic. I don't think it can happen. The crowds are gonna make it impossible. Even on a slow day,
    there many factors . Ride breakdowns being one. But I'd be game.
    Phone rings: GUMBALL!

• Clearing my Calendar

While I won't be able to participate unless someone wants to fund my entry (heh!), I have a suggestion for a prize. Say everyone who partcipates puts in x amount of dollars. It'd be neat to buy a really nice lithograph or some other relic of said winner's favorite Disney film.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

I think I found our prize... Hope you guys like it, cuz I just bought it!

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Master of Disaster

another way to verify is cast member signatures. print out your list and have a CM initial as you get off/on. perhaps it could even be an official disney event someday with CM's posted at the end of each ride with a stamp! haha.

• Banned User

Exclamation Re: Can you cut it? Gumball Rally:Disneyland Style

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I think I found our prize... Hope you guys like it, cuz I just bought it!

hOLY COW!!! i WANT THIS, LIKE REAL BAD, HOW DO i GET IT!!! where did you get it????
    oh man I can not wait to hear about your day in the park and who won, so cool of you to think of this~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    hOLY COW!!! i WANT THIS, LIKE REAL BAD, HOW DO i GET IT!!! where did you get it????
    oh man I can not wait to hear about your day in the park and who won, so cool of you to think of this~!!!
    Well Karla, ya gotta win it, see?
    And... we're gonna fill it up with gumballs that say "1st Annual Disneyland Gumball Rally" on them.

But before any of that can happen, were going to have to start figuring out how to select a date. I'll start looking at my calendar, and Disneylands calendar, so we can figure out a good time to do this. I'm thinking that it may be necessary to try doing it on Friday (that way we get extended hours) sometime this fall.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• /sigh

Fun idea. You'd probably want to figure out a way to keep every one "honest".....

"uh..YEAH...I rode dumbo....<cough>...yep!"

Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Fun idea. You'd probably want to figure out a way to keep every one "honest".....

"uh..YEAH...I rode dumbo....<cough>...yep!"

Yeah, I was thinking something along the line of taking your picture (with a digital camera) on each ride with that days local newspaper (to verify the date) or something...

BTW: Disneylands calendar only goes til the end of June, so I'm not sure how to pick a date for this fall.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• See you there!

I’ve been following the Disneyland Gumball Rally thread and I have a couple of ideas.

1. You must ride all rides in each land minus 1. (that will account for closures) If all rides are closed in a land, you must at least visit the entry gate of one ride.
    2. If the land has only 2 rides (like Critter Country) and one is closed, you must ride the other.
    3. No walking from land-to-land. You must use the train to get around the park. The only exceptions are that you may walk from attached lands that are meant to be served by the train depot, such as Toontown and Fantasyland or New Orleans Square, Fontierland and Adventurreland, Main Street and Tomorrowland are not attached to any other land.

Verification of rides ridden:

One fairly easy way to verify is to have one MC member assigned to be a “Ride Verifier” stationed in each land in a specific location (like the train station) who will verify the entry and exit times for each participant to each land and the number and names of rides ridden in that land or area. Since the only entry and exit point to a land is the Train Station it should be fairly easy to keep track of people and their score cards. Since this is going to be an “all day sucker”, there may need to be shifts of “Ride Verifiers”. Based on the amount of time each participant spends in each land it should be fairly easy to determine if they actually rode the rides.

If I were younger and had the energy, I would participate, but if is on a Sunday, maybe I could take a “Ride Verifier” shift.

This sounds like a lot of fun! I hope all who participate have a Great Disney Day!

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 03-15-2006 at 02:05 PM.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I haven't come up with a prize yet (which my wife and daughter insist are absolutely necessary for any contest to be worth competing in), but I would appreciate any suggestions in that department as well.
    Charlie, if I win I want the Shark. 'Nuff said!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• OM NOM NOM

This sounds sweet. Count me in!
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

It is very possible, I have done it several times. Of course it was a less busier day. The key is to do Fantasyland first thing in the morning, it is dead, you can just walk from ride to ride, even Dumbo and Peter Pan. That knocks out like 10 rides right there. Everything in Fantasyland does not have a fastpass anymore, so the rides there come mid-morning are packed!

I'm not at all trying to discourage anybody, but this has been done before.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/45...n-a-day/24245/

Steve Lowery of OC Weekly did it back in 1998. His article is kind of enjoyable. I say go for it and prove that "Normal Joes" can do it, not just fancy writers for the OC Weekly.

BTW: Disneylands calendar only goes til the end of June, so I'm not sure how to pick a date for this fall.
    Unfortunately, we're all in the same pickle. Actually the calendar can go through July 31, but no further. Another site to use that I find is accurate most of the time (for the bigger concepts behind ride closures) is

http://www.riderefurbs.com/

which details current and upcoming rehab periods.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast