Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Can you cut it? Gumball Rally:Disneyland Style

Yeah, it may have been done before, but did he get a gumball machine?

Seriously that could be a fun day.
    To bad I probably won't make it to the park until later this year (Oct. or Nov.)

• Prefect

Blog Entries

that's a really cool prize charlie. well themed

i don't think we can ask CM's to initial anything for us...i think DL would get pretty pissed off. i like the MC ride verifier person, although i don't know if we can get that many people to stand at all the rides. there might be something to that though. if we all keep brainstorming, i'm sure we'll think of something
    <o>

• Minion

Why don't we take a picture of ourselves (or some posession like a stuffed animal or picture of something) on all of the attractions? That would be the easiest way I can think of to verify that we've been everywhere...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Andy already mentioned my idea

Since I don't ride all the rides, I won't be on a team, but I'd love to participate, so I was going to say that if there are any rides where it'd be hard to get a pic, esp. if they're holding a newspaper, I'll gladly volunteer to check off names to veriify that people actually rode the ride.

Also.. you're gonna need people to go through and tally up all the pics.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    that's a really cool prize charlie. well themed

i don't think we can ask CM's to initial anything for us...i think DL would get pretty pissed off. i like the MC ride verifier person, although i don't know if we can get that many people to stand at all the rides. there might be something to that though. if we all keep brainstorming, i'm sure we'll think of something
    You don't actually need one at each attraction. All you eally need is one or two at each Train Depot, and have the Train Depot be the entry/exit point for each "Land". You could even use contestents, maybe each contesent would have to spend a certain amount of time doing Checkpoint operation at a Train Depot as part of the contest.

The score cards could be like Rally score cards that have time in and time out. So when someone enters a "Land" the Checkpoint person (at the Train Depot) could put the "Time-in" for the land, and when the contestent leaves the Checkoint person could put the Time-out for the land. This would provide some indication of time spent in a land.

I really believe that more than half the fun of this would actuallbe doing it. Not fudging it!

CU@DL

Andy

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    Why don't we take a picture of ourselves (or some posession like a stuffed animal or picture of something) on all of the attractions? That would be the easiest way I can think of to verify that we've been everywhere...
    I like the self-verification idea myself. I was thinking of this... the morning of the Gumball Rally, every participant receives a small gift that must be used in all photos verifying passage on the ride, then it will be pretty easy to confirm passage on the attraction and using the "gift" in the photo prevents cheating.
    The verifier is a good idea as well if we could get enough people to do it. The only problem that I have with that is that this is going to be an all-day and night event! Quite a long time to be sitting in one place.
    That and my concern about not being able to find a "qualifier".
    Another upside about the "small gift", is that everybody gets a prize for participating.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm totally game! Would this be a team or invidual effort? Would there be one day for this or would it be over several days so that many people could beat a certain shortest time? I hope this becomes an actual event!

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    You don't actually need one at each attraction. All you eally need is one or two at each Train Depot, and have the Train Depot be the entry/exit point for each "Land". You could even use contestents, maybe each contesent would have to spend a certain amount of time doing Checkpoint operation at a Train Depot as part of the contest.

The score cards could be like Rally score cards that have time in and time out. So when someone enters a "Land" the Checkpoint person (at the Train Depot) could put the "Time-in" for the land, and when the contestent leaves the Checkoint person could put the Time-out for the land. This would provide some indication of time spent in a land.

I really believe that more than half the fun of this would actuallbe doing it. Not fudging it!

CU@DL

Andy
    We'd have to modify this if we wanted it to work, since the object is to get on all the rides in the shortest period of time. It might not make sense to stay in one "land" and do all of the rides at once.
    Part of the fun of this endeavor is figuring out a strategy that will accomplish the goal in the shortest amount of time... and staying in one "land" and riding everything there might not be the way to do it.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

This sounds like a blast! I'd even come out from Colorado to participate.

• there's always my way...

I AM SO IN!!!

IF you need help in puting this together, please let me know.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    We'd have to modify this if we wanted it to work, since the object is to get on all the rides in the shortest period of time. It might not make sense to stay in one "land" and do all of the rides at once.
    Part of the fun of this endeavor is figuring out a strategy that will accomplish the goal in the shortest amount of time... and staying in one "land" and riding everything there might not be the way to do it.

You wouldn't have to stay in one land and do all the rides, just check in at a Train Depot, do the rides you want, check out and go somewhere else. The score card would show when you checked in to a land, what rides you did, when you checked out and then checked back in to do more rides. The key is to only enter and leave the lands via the train. It wouldn't matter how many times you entered and left a land, but that you checked in at the Checkpoint, did rides, and checked out. Or you could allow folks to get from land-to-land any way they wanted, but they would need to go to the Checkpoint before and after thay did rides in a Land. I still think it could be interesitng to only allow transport between lands via the Train though.

It just sounded like an extra layer of fun a place to see other participants and a means of tracking (like the car rallys I used to participate in oh so many, many years ago.)

IHTH

CU@DL

Andy

• Here to change the world

Sounds cool! All you have to do is get people to stand outside the rides all day with a stamp or something to check the people out as they leave, to prove they did it. It'd be kinda boring for the people standing there all day though lol

Okay, this is such a great plan! Here's my vote:
    1) I like the idea of taking a picture of a "prize" on each ride--maybe we could get someone to make up t-shirts or something that we could wear on the ride, and take a picture of ourselves. The "entry fee" could cover this?
    2) Fall is the best time, least crowded, I think we should look at a time AFTER the "50th" is over. I propose Friday, October 27th. IASM might be closed for the christmas make-over, but most other rides are open about that time....
    3) Great prize! Very appropriate!

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

i want in, on this!!!

some ideas i have off the top of my head.
    not everyone that is going to participate in this event will be there @ parks opening. so someone would have to be at the main gate logging in everyones 'entry time' that way when everyone walks in they enter on equal ground and not an hour or 3 or 4 behind.

the official entry time would be logged by taking a picture at the main gate in front of the 50th display. once that picture is taken would determine each teams 'start time'

once you take your picture a person will give you a 'destination card' ie like amazing race....but it would be land specific....(and every team will follow the same route)...so you get your card....head to the specified land and now your goal is to ride all rides in each land and take a picture on each attraction(with a digital camera) once a team competes a zone they would report to a land coordinator and show the digital camera pics of team in each attraction. once the land coordinator verifies each attraction in the land was successfully boarded. the land coordinator will get their new 'destination card' this process would repeat till all lands are visited. once all lands are completed, the final land coordinator will give you a directive to accomplish the final goal...which would be to board the disneyland railroad from main st and do a full round around the park....once done exit the railroad again at main st and go back to the main gate and back to the mickey/50th design at front to take a picture. and that will be the 'end' time.

and the lowest total time wins.

if by any chance teams end up finishing early and similar times may be possible...the FINAL tie breaker would be to ride as many rides as possible in DCA as possible(ultimate tie breaked would be determined by total number of attractions boarded in DCA)

other variants i thought of...just to make it a lil bit exciting

no fastpasses
    add certian challenges specific to each land(accomplishing tasks would be rewarded with a time deduction, the deduction in time would be determind by the difficulty in each task)....like take a picture with mickey in mickeys house, ride the canoes to TSI, or win a game at DCA.
    one attraction per land at a time(this would be a challenge all its own)
    ride e-ticket rides first
    make it a full DLR rally(hit both DL and DCA in the style mentioned above, or in a free roam manner)
    do this on a day of a major holiday!(just to see)

either way...how ever it pans out, ill do my best to particiapte. will there also be a entry fee to aid in the purchase of gumballs for the grand winner?
    Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast