Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Can you cut it? Gumball Rally:Disneyland Style

Quote Originally Posted by rj1980
    Sounds like fun Charlie.

Are the MouseAdventures sanctioned by Disney?

I like the self-verification by use of a photo with some sort of object given that day, that's a very good idea. To have someone else verify each completed ride sounds REALLY boring for the verifier. If you're looking for a sparsely attended day, I don't think September 1st will be a good choice. That's the Friday before Labor Day, the last holiday weekend of the summer, I would think that would be a heavily attended day. You will need some way to get a time for everyone, since you're trying to see who can do it the fastest, so you will need an official start and finish location for some sort of time stamp.

The use of a wheelchair is interesting. True rally “anything goes” thinking there. I bet the people who thought of that do very well.

Sounds like fun.
    Yes, Mouse Adventures is a sanctioned event.

We have already talked to some aquaintances at TDA (Team Disney Anaheim) about this event and they thought it sounded like fun.They were going to run it by some other folks there, including the "press and publicity" department since they might want to publicize the event.
    We are also looking into having the contest terminate inside of Disneyland, possibly in the Big Thunder Ranch area, the Festival Arena area, or the Golden Horseshoe Saloon. My hope is to turn this into an annual event.

Self verification is looking like the best way to go at this time. We are looking into different types of media that could be used for self-verification with a digital camera.

Regarding the date... Due to a Micechat wedding, and a Micechat trip to WDW around the October 20th date, and reluctance to try and pull this thing off on Labor Day weekend, we are currently shooting for Friday September 29th. There are no Disneyland activities that weekend( that we are aware of), "Gay Days at Disneyland" is on the following weekend, and best of all, Haunted Mansion Holiday will have opened the day before on Thursday the 28th. So unless this date gets shot down by Disney, that's the date we're going with.
    Regarding the start time... the start time will be at the "rope drop" at the end of Main Street that morning. If anybody wants to sleep in and come later and try to do it faster than everybody else... then go for it!

The use of a wheelchair is interesting. True rally “anything goes” thinking there. I bet the people who thought of that do very well.
    "Anything goes" unless it impinges on the enjoyment of other guests, or is against Disneyland rules!

All elements of this event are still under consideration, and like Disney say's "can change without notice"
    Last edited by Circarama; 03-22-2006 at 03:02 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Needs the smell of summer

What an awesome idea!! You'll have to count me in for the second anual Disneyland Gumball Rally, I will be in Walt Disney World for this years (College Program)

• Minion

Blog Entries

i wannado it....but i'd have to do sme begging arund the house....gosh this would be AWESOME!!!!

I have an idea, bonus points for the shows like tiki room and such.... that way ifyou really had time you could get to watch them and get somethin for it!

Sept. 29th--it's on my calendar! Love the "bonus point" idea--except you'd have to take a picture at the beginning and end or something to prove you actually stayed for the whole show, and then that just adds more rules.......

• Hello there

Blog Entries

That sounds like a lot of fun! I won't be able to make it but hopefully if it does turns into an annual event I can save up and make it for 2nd annual.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Artsy Fartsy

Is this an official date? Sounds good no matter.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
    Is this an official date? Sounds good no matter.
    It's the date we are asking to do the event on. If you want to participate then you should save the date of Friday, September 29th.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• A Disneyland Hobo

OHMIGOSH. I so want to do this. Like, badly. o.o This is the most rock awesome idea ever. But, sadly...we just got back from a trip and I don't know if I can talk my parent-types into going again this year. Dx ButIwill. Ohyes. We shall be apart of this. Yes. Gosh, I want that Gumball Machine.

• Minion

Blog Entries

i have my partner! lol i told mom abut it and she got all excited, so i'm in! i'll put in for it at work now, lol

• Newbie.

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I can see one problem already. If you're a cast member, or good friends with a cast member, you could perhaps have your buddy that is working a particular ride let you on ahead of the general public. Otherwise, this sounds like a fun event, and as long as people aren't rude and pushing ahead or knocking innocent people down to save a few seconds, it should be an awesome event. I hope I can arrange my visit to whenever you guys decide to hold the rally. Go Gumball Rally!
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama

We have already talked to some aquaintances at TDA (Team Disney Anaheim) about this event and they thought it sounded like fun.They were going to run it by some other folks there, including the "press and publicity" department since they might want to publicize the event.
    We are also looking into having the contest terminate inside of Disneyland, possibly in the Big Thunder Ranch area, the Festival Arena area, or the Golden Horseshoe Saloon. My hope is to turn this into an annual event.

Self verification is looking like the best way to go at this time. We are looking into different types of media that could be used for self-verification with a digital camera.

"
    I was think on the Verification If you have a watch, shot of the start time. a shot of the ride and watch of start part (load platform) of the ride vehicles and End time.
    all corse with a digital camera.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 03-25-2006 at 07:36 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy
    This sounds like a lot of fun, but I can see one problem already. If you're a cast member, or good friends with a cast member, you could perhaps have your buddy that is working a particular ride let you on ahead of the general public. Otherwise, this sounds like a fun event, and as long as people aren't rude and pushing ahead or knocking innocent people down to save a few seconds, it should be an awesome event. I hope I can arrange my visit to whenever you guys decide to hold the rally. Go Gumball Rally!
    One of the most important aspects of this event that I intend to strictly adhere to is that at no time should participants infringe upon the enjoyment of Disneyland Park by other guests.

The Gumball Rally will be played according to Disneylands rules of conduct within the Park. As an example: Using FastPass is fine, as long as it's being used according to Disneylands FastPass rules. If someone tries to use expired FastPasses and they get caught, then they have to deal with Disneylands protocol for using expired FastPasses.

If someone uses a CM to get on a ride ahead of others, I'm sure that is probably against Disneylands employment policy and that CM is putting their job at risk.

I'm pretty sure that Disneyland has policy regarding running in the Park, as well.

If this type of behavior happens, it probably won't happen very much, if at all.

Keeping the rules to a minimum on the "Gumball Rally" side of the equation is what's going to keep this thing fun. The self-verification process will be one element that will be very important to the final outcome of the event. Of course, we're going to have to anticipate the numerous ways people may try to cheat, but making up too many rules will simply kill the fun of the challenge.

What's probably going to help people the most is their strategy for touring the Park. That alone can make the difference between getting some of the rides with longer queues out of the way early versus waiting in line. There is definitely a strategy for accomplishing this task and the people who figure it out will do better than others who think that staying in one "land" and riding everything is the way to go.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Count me in. Charlie...you're a bloody genius!

Blog Entries

I did for a friend's birthday on a Friday late last June. It was tiring, but much easier to do than we were expecting. We did everything except Sailing Ship Columbia and Space because they were closed. We even went to Tom Sawyer's Island and saw Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and the 50th movie! We started at about 9 and were done around 10 or 11. We even ate at Blue Bayou!

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    I did for a friend's birthday on a Friday late last June. It was tiring, but much easier to do than we were expecting. We did everything except Sailing Ship Columbia and Space because they were closed. We even went to Tom Sawyer's Island and saw Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and the 50th movie! We started at about 9 and were done around 10 or 11. We even ate at Blue Bayou!
    Cool! So at least we know it's probably possible.

One thing that might jeopordize getting all the rides done in one day is the fact that we are definitely ending the Gumball Rally early enough so that we can have an awards ceremony and be completely done by the time Disneyland closes for the evening on September 29th.

But given that the 50th will have almost run it's course by then, and many folks who might have visited Disneyland in the fall are going to visit the weekend of the Disneyland Half Marathon on September 15-17 (that's at least 10,000 people out of the way), then hopefully we'll have a light crowd on that Friday.

FYI, we're might have a little side contest for those who don't want to try and get on every ride...
    AND
    we're also working on some mo' betta' prizes too!

You don't want to miss this... it's gonna rock!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast