Hi, I came up with an update for, well, an update to the great original Fantasmic in Disneyland. I will try to keep this brief and not too detailed. From what I understand about the behind the scenes of the current show, I think this COULD be possible. I will try to explain what would happen backstage in another post. And I hope to you from you readers and let me know if I missed something. Or let me know what could be fixed. Or what new segments can be switched ENJOY! Actually, this version can be put into another park for Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong. Thus, untouching the original in DLR.
1) Original Opening
2) Original Mickey the Sorcerer
3) After Mickey's Sorcerer segment, Genie comes out on stage says: "WHOA!! 10,000 years will give you such a creek in the neck!". Then a rendition of "Friend Like Me" starts with multiple Genie back up dancers to dance with Genie. Cider Mill lights up like Las Vegas. Genie says "You ain't never had a friend like me!"
4) Original Flowers segment
5) As flowers leave, a rendition of "I Just Can't Wait to be King" or "Hakuna Matata" plays with blacklit giraffes, crocidiles, flying birds, elephants, antelopes, hippos, zebras (basicly the same Lion King animals from WDW's show). Tarzan & monkeys make their way onstage.
6) Tarzan and Terk join monkeys for "Trashin' the Camp". They bang metal pieces, dance, and cartwheels. Monkeys doing tricks on small trampolines as well. Everyone runs off stage as Kaa approaches.
7) Original Kaa & Monkeys scene. (Maybe add Baloo and Mowgli on their own barge instead of a 3rd dancing monkey barge??)
8) Original Pink Elephants
9) After Pink Elephants, Alice in Wonderland segment comes onstage. Includes Alice, White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, and Tweedle Dee & Dum. (Perhaps a new appearance from Hare Rabbit??). Characters walk around trees, signs, plants, and stacks of teapots from the film. Chesire Cat puppet on a tree. Rendetion of "Very Merry Unbirthday" plays.
10) Mutli-color fireworks representing falling confetti starts for Festival of Fools. Festival of Fools segment prances in next. Alice segment walk off stage. Reuse those fanciful costumes and props from the old Frontierland show and bring them over here. Juggling & fire-juggling as well. This is a transition because from a wildly colorful Wonderland comes the wildly colorful Festival of Fools. The transition from here to Pinchicco is that since Clopin is a gypsy, maybe the transition would make sense because they are entertainers. And in the Hunchback film, Clopin had hand pupeets. Perhaps Quasimodo and Esmeralda can join in the fun too. I remember in the Hunchback and in Animazement, Clopin entered on a large wagon. Maybe they could bring in the wagon via trap doors?? Not sure if that is possible. Otherwise, forget the wagon.
10) Original Puppets
11) 1st 30 seconds of Jiminy with Goldfish. The part where Jiminy gets his hat, bubble fills with water and pops will be deleted.
12) "Under the Sea" rendition with Sebastian and blacklit puppets from the Disney-MGM show. Bubbles are projected on water screen. Bubbles over audience won't work because you have to light the audience in order to see the bubbles. Bubbles on stage will be a slippery situation for actors. Plus the water screen will look good for this underwater segment anyways.
13) Bring back 50 seconds into Jiminy, Monstro segment where Monstro opens his eye and continue with the rest of the clip.
14) Original Peter Pan & Pirates
15) Princesses Medley will be modified to add more princesses.
1st, 1 canoe will row through quickly. Canoes come from Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes. Probably 6 Indian dressed CMs rowing. Each canoe's end is lit with a torch similar to WDW's version. John Smith & Pocahontas sit in the middle facing each other. "If I Never You Knew You" plays as the characters perform the song in sign language to each other. The canoe will be rowing close to TSI because I fear the barges might accidentally crash into them. In effect, the barges will float through being closer to the audience.
2nd, Aladdin & Jasmine get a new barge set up so they are riding carpet. Under carpet, smoke/fog drifts down to the water. The fog glows blue and white. Creating the illusion they were are floating over the water. "A Whole New World" plays of course.
3rd, Beauty & the Beast will be on the main land stage. The floating encased rose is with them as "Beauty and the Beast" plays. Same routine as if they were still on the barge.
4th, Ariel & Prince Eric are on the opposite side of the stage. Same routine as if they were still on the barge. "Part of Your World" plays.
5th, Princess Auroa and Prince Philp are on their own barge with "Once Upon a Dream" plays.
6th, Cinderella and Prince Charming are on the 2nd barge with "So This Is Love" playing.
7th, Snow White and HER Prince Charming stick to the same routine with their same barge.
16) Original Evil Queen, Magic Mirror. B&B and TLM followspots fade out as they walk off stage and followspots fade in for Evil Queen.
17) Original Transformation To Witch, Magic Mirror.
18) Original Ursula segment and barge float with just her like in the good old days. And for goodness sake, pronounce "tenticles" correctly! The water screen projects the sea witch's home.
The water screen continues with Agrabah projection as Jafar and Hades comes onstage in the same barge as Aladdin & Jasmine were on. But Jafar (human form) is sitting on carpet holding his staff. The smoke under carpet glows red and orange. Jafar: "It's time to say goodbye to Mickey. His universe is mine to control. HE He he. (song) Mickey Mouse, yes it is he, but not as you know him. Read my lips and come into grips with reality. Yes meet a blast from your past. A lie too good to last. Say 'hello' to your precious Mickey Mouse! AH AH AH!" Jafar's singing is speeded up for time constraints. When he's finished, his staff sparkles like in DCA's show.
Hades is running about on the barge. He can "float" because he is a god. Hades: "YES, Hades rules! Let's get ready to rumble. What are those?...you are wearing his merchandise!?...AAHH! Okay, I'm cool. I'm fine. SO, Mickey's thoughts are oh so noble. Oh, you'll love this one more thing". When it's his turn to speak, the water screen projects his home (the image that looks like a skull). (I think the "merchandise" sentence might be wrong for this).
If F! cast & crew know the villain barges will be down, the villain projections would be switched to villains projection of them talking.
Ursula and Jafar/Hades barge go off to the side, still on stage, but far away enough from the flames on ROA. Barges stick around for the dragon climax. Right when Mickey takes the sword from the stone, the villain barges move offstage and strobe lights blink on them as their disappear.
New dragon is built. Basically they will build so people can see from the dragon's chestline and up. The arms will each be operated by one CM just moving them up and down. The arms will be quite close to ground level. They will mostly move and "hover" over the ground. The dragon skin will be made of light material. The wings will take on a similar structure like an umbrella. Able to flap, extend, and extract.
19) Original Chernabog
20) Original Maleificent & Mickey with Jafar and Hades additions.
21) Original Dragon & Mickey with Jafar and Hades additions. Hades: "My favorite part of the game: Sudden Death"
22) Original Finale
23) Original Exit Music
Ta Da! I hope you like it. I will try to explain what might happen backstage with the new additions in another post.
Hmmm... this version might be too long. I would estimate it to be somewhere around a 7 minute addition to the current running show length...