• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

3/14 photos - Mandara Spa opens, More Sub Lagoon stuff, and Cove Bar news

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1276534

The big news is that the Mandara Spa has "soft" opened, they are about a month away from an official opening, but the facility is open. One thing I found interesting, they will offer teeth whiteing. FYI, ANYONE is welcome to use the facility, you do not need to stay at GCH, or any other Disney hotel. Locals and folks staying off-site are welcome.

Cafe Orleans is behind refurb walls.

Work continues on the Sub Lagoon.

The park was busy, I would compare it to an off-season weekend day prior to the 50th, lines for everything, but not crazy.

In one of those "OOPS" moments, the Cove Bar was supposed to go to seven days a week operation this week, but when the folks showed up to work, they found the place under tarps and being painted. Facilities didn't know that the Bar planned to go to seven days a week operation (They need to read the MousePlanet weekly updates , and planned to paint the place Monday thru Thursday. So the Cove Bar should reopen Friday, and start seven days a week operation with a newly painted bar.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 3/14 photos - Mandara Spa opens, More Sub Lagoon stuff, and Cove Bar news

Too funny about the Cove Bar.

It will be nice to have a newly painted bar to hang out in though.

Thanks for the pics.

Thanks so much for the pictures! You give me my sub fix! In this picture
    http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1276534/3/59954109
    Whats that thing in the top right corner? And it surprises me that the green pole is still up.
    Last edited by C-HOX; 03-15-2006 at 04:13 PM.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

hehe 35 min wait monsters.. it sure is packing in the crowds that ride

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

It's so wierd to see DCA's buildings covered up like that. Are they planning on adding any sort of detailing to that cove building like they did to the San Fransico buildings?

I hope to see more of those tarps painting more and more of Paradise Pier's buildings because they badly need it-especially the bathrooms behind the carousel.

• CM for 4 years!

I TOOOOOLD everyone months ago about Cafe Orleans, but did anyone believe me? Noooooo!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    In one of those "OOPS" moments, the Cove Bar was supposed to go to seven days a week operation this week, but when the folks showed up to work, they found the place under tarps and being painted. Facilities didn't know that the Bar planned to go to seven days a week operation (They need to read the MousePlanet weekly updates , and planned to paint the place Monday thru Thursday.

It sounds like typical planning with any large bureaucracy

Thanks for the pics! love the submarine lagoon pics!!!

It would have been nice to have had a Craftsman-style spa in a Craftsman-style hotel.

• For You!

the sub ride has me so confused - what are they building? What's the big wooden structure??

I can't wait to go back to Disneyland, but I want everything to be finished when I go!! But, I can't wait that long! Great pictures - thanks for the DLR fix!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    In this picture
    http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1276534/3/59954109
    Whats that thing in the top right corner?

Ummm - the monorail platform?

I kinda figured that may be the anwser (I've only been to Disneyland twice), and haven't noticed that in the pictures before. The tarp or whatever it is behind the bars made me look twice, I've only been on the Monorail once.
    Last edited by C-HOX; 03-15-2006 at 09:08 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    Ummm - the monorail platform?
    ...and it needs to be painted.

Based upon other posts, they are building a mini show building that will look like an island in the lagoon. This show building will have the first of the new Nemo scenes. It really is quite an undertaking.

Thanks Darkbeer for all your great photos. It is fun to see the progress
    The Mur

With regard to the Monstors Inc. attraction - I see 35 minutes as pretty busy for a C ticket dark ride. I am sure that is comperable or longer than the lines for Toad or Alice (which I consider Monstors to be equivalent to.)

Certainly much longer than Pooh, Pinocchio and Snow White!
    The Mur