• Northwest Disneyphile

Wanted Disneyland Opening day stats

If any one could tell me things about Disneyland when it first opened it would be greatly appreciated. Manly things like the number of attractions and acreage.
    Thanks!

• Minion

If you can find it, the DVD called Disneyland (in a silver collectors tin) has all the info about opening day and more. It has the entire live tv broadcast, and also the ten year anniversary special as well. Its great stuff. otherwise, just cruise the net, or get one of the many books available. it is all very interesting, and you will be hooked!

• Minion

Here's a start:
    http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/Pages/1955.html

Disneyland in 1955

Disneyland Opens!! On Sunday, July 17, the park opened for first time ever, for invited quests only. The following day the park opened to the general public.

July 17 Attractions:
    Disneyland Railroad, Horse-Drawn Streetcars, Horse-Drawn Fire Wagon (1955-1960), Main Street Cinema, Jungle Cruise, King Arthur Carrousel, Peter Panís Flight, Mad Tea Party, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Canal Boats of the World, Snow White's Adventures, Autopia, Circarama film "A Tour of the West,Ē Space Station X-1, Hall of Chemistry, Stage Coach, Mule Pack, Mark Twain Riverboat, Golden Horseshoe Revue,

Attractions Added Later in 1955:
    Main Street Shooting Gallery, Horse-Drawn Surreys, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Dumbo Flying, Elephants, Mickey Mouse Club Theater, Phantom Boats, Rocket to the Moon, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Flight Circle, Aluminum Hall of Fame, Film: ďThe World Beneath Us,Ē The Color Gallery, Conestoga Wagons, Mike Fink Keel Boats

Other News:
    Opening day attendance is 28,154, although only about 15,000 were invited
    September 8th, 1 millionth guest enters Disneyland
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Is that from Disneyland through the eyes of a photographer?
    I have two out the three of those.

Another good site is Yesterland,at http://www.yesterland.com/

• wasting time

Not to be nitpicky, but when the Autopia opened back in 1955 it was called the "Richfield Autopia".
    Richfield was the sponsor.

• Dickie
    man, if only DL still only charged $1 to get in haha

• Northwest Disneyphile

Thanks for the info! Big research project for my broadcasting class. I donít think this project would be possible with out that DVD, or message boards for that matter. Thanks again. Letís hope for an A