Disneyland vs Disney World Who is More Happy

I am an AP holder at Disneyland and have been many times. I recently went to Disney World, my third trip, over President's Day Weekend. My boyfriend who is also an AP holder, this was his first visit to Disney World. We both noticed that the cast members are more happy, and the overall feeling, is just more happy at Disneyland. What do you think?

Re: Disneyland vs Disney World Who is More Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Candlegal
    I am an AP holder at Disneyland and have been many times. I recently went to Disney World, my third trip, over President's Day Weekend. My boyfriend who is also an AP holder, this was his first visit to Disney World. We both noticed that the cast members are more happy, and the overall feeling, is just more happy at Disneyland. What do you think?
    Disneyland CM's have been better than their WDW counterparts for many years now. There might have been a time back in the 70's and 80's when things were more even, but the quality of CM's has been tilted in Disneyland's favor for years now.

Certainly it's possible to get a sourpuss or a mildly rude CM at Disneyland every once in awhile, and it's still possible to get good service or find a very gracious CM at WDW.

But overall, Disneyland has better CM's than WDW. And they are generally younger and better looking at Disneyland too.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

See, in the 28+ years I've been going to WDW, I can think of "one" rude CM.

However, I have never experienced DL's CM's so maybe I have just been getting the mild happy version.

I think it's just because of the size. WDW is so big, and busy that the CM couldn't never be able to answer EVERYONES question about EVERYTHING in the resort.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Cast Members living in Florida have wages that are more in line with the cost of living than the outrageous costs of California. Also, because of the College Program and job climate, WDW isn't desperately trying to put a job oppertunity in the face of every guest who walks by.

I've seen a few CMs at WDW who clearly need an infusion of Magic, and some of them aren't very outgoing, but most of them all try. I haven't been to DLR in enough years to judge them today. The economics of Casting, however, favors the chances that you'll find CMs who see what they're doing as "just a job."