Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    Even Donald Duck's boat is detierierating. The slide that was there when it opened is long gone, and the climbing ropes and spiral stairs are now defunct. All it really is now is an observation deck at the top (although it is an excellent view.)
    there was a slide?
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    They've been working on toontown alot though. There refurbing the fountains, did some work on rogger rabb. There as far as I have seen repaint minnies house. There re-doing the backdrops with paint etc. There trying their best, the sign look amazing to walk into toon town... But I agree and go-go coaster... 30 seconds for a 30 minute line... (needs more attractions, maybe a mickey saving minnie ride)

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

I was there a few months ago for the first time in a LONG time... there just wasn't anything appealing to do. It's little more than the San Francisco area near GRR, only in the San Francisco area, you at least have the knowledge that you will eventually reach the other end and be somewhere else. Toon Town, you look around, yawn, and then have to backtrack.

It's an interesting theme, but utterly lacking in content.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    They've been working on toontown alot though. There refurbing the fountains, did some work on rogger rabb. There as far as I have seen repaint minnies house. There re-doing the backdrops with paint etc. There trying their best, the sign look amazing to walk into toon town... But I agree and go-go coaster... 30 seconds for a 30 minute line... (needs more attractions, maybe a mickey saving minnie ride)
    Like I mentioned earlier, I know that they are working on it. When I was there in January they were working on the Mouse's house. We have also seen the photo reports of paint here and there... slowly. It was even named "Tarp Town". But just how long will it stay in that condition? It appears as if soon after it's repainted, etc. it starts to look worn out! I think they won't get around to fixing it until the other parts of the park are handled first... so they better do it right this time! I am doubting they will. :confused:

Toon Town is fun to explore. The coaster is short and great for a kiddies first thrill ride. This land was intended for children to have fun. Unfortunately due to the theme park guest many of these playground elements have been taken out. Roger Rabbit is in my opinion the best traditional dark ride at Dland.

The obvious addition would be Philharmagic. Make a Opera house facade and it would fit in perfectly. My only worry is that it will suffer what pooh suffered... being in a far off place in the park where noone really goes.
    Last edited by Imagineer1985; 03-30-2005 at 11:10 AM.

• Bear Member

ToonTown should be expanded, and connected to Frontierland, so it's not a dead-end. Philharmagic would be great there, as Imagineer1985 said. Maybe when Frontierland is expanded, they can connect it to the back of Critter Country, and ToonTown, giving better flow to both of those areas. But that's going to have to wait until Tomorrowland is fixed.

• Just this guy......

ToonTown is a victim of its own success…. It was designed for kids as a way to stop the Fantasyland bottleneck. But it is so popular with kids that it has become it’s own bottleneck with wall-to-wall strollers.

The last time that I was in the back area it looked like there was a good deal of painting going on and I thought that they were brining it back up to the old days. I’m sorry to hear that it’s already looking run down.

I agree with the idea of expanding out the Frontier route. It would create a better flow to the area and new and more “family” attractions could be added in the expansion. I have mixed feelings about putting “Philharmagic” into this area just because of the crowds... can you imagine what ToonTown would look like when several hundred exiting Philharmagic and pouring into that small space?

Blog Entries
    lol, I think they should connect it somehow... DO they still have the electric building where you open door, and all the lights and zaps go off? That was so fun :P How bout the dynamite still there?

~

• Minion

Just curious... how much would it cost to put in Philharmagic? And what will be the RoI for it?

People have been begging for quite a while now to have HISTA taken out. What kind of shelf life will Philharmagic have? It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that will attract more visitors to the park, or be very repeatable for those already visiting the park.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    what is phillarmagic?

~

• Original Mice-Chatter

within the last 6 months there have still been tarps up as things got painted- there has been ALOT of repainting going on back there- so what is there to complain about?

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    what is phillarmagic?
    I have not seen it, but it is considered to be one of the best 3D films made. It features Donald on a wild chase with all of the Disney Characters. I have not seen one bad review of this film.

Blog Entries
    :O neat! SO is the electric building still in toontown? and the dynomite you press down and then theres a kaboom, and some smoke

~

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I never thought of that. Putting Mickey's PhilarMagic into Mickey's Toontown would be a great idea. It desperately needs a new attraction and i think PhilarMagic would be a great addition that would attract children, as well as adults.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Rawr...

*cough* goofy movie water ride *cough*
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast