Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

We have always enjoyed toon town. It was depressing as it got faded, and they seemed to be closing everything down, we enjoyed those footlong hotdogs at Goofy's dog house, and the little trailer that sold the freeze drinks, Jolly trolly, and I am a big Roger rabbit fan. I hope the rehab continues there. I think the idea of expanding and connecting is a good one. It could ease up that congestion during parades and fireworks, they wouldn't have to close toon town during that time, and the crowd could flow, and circle around the park.

• Minion

Philharmagic is AWESOME! I think it would attract a lot of people and it would be a staple. It really puts you in a Disney frame of mind! Perhaps if the entrance/exit were pointed away from the main area in Toontown, the crowds wouldn't be so bad. It's been so many years since I"ve been to Disneyland and I'm a big fan of WDW... sounds like there are already more attractions in yours than in ours. It does sound like it might fit in well with the whole cartoon theme there and would be a great asset.

• Minion FOREVER!

First of all, I really like the idea of putting a connection into Frontierland and
    putting philharmagic in. But I'm not exactly sure that end (where Chip & Dale
    is) will come out at. TT is actually on the other side of the berm, so I suspect
    that it's parking or someother lot. Possibly the closest thing would be to
    come out on the other side (nearer to Frontierland) from where the Patch of Heaven/
    Festival of Fools area is. Maybe a former/current CM would have more info
    on this.

On the topic of TT, yes, it's basically for kids. And everytime we're in DL our family makes a
    early pilgrimage to TT early to see Mickey and Minnie (and for Daddy and the
    older one to ride Roger Rabbit which like many other here agree is the best
    pure Dark Ride). Also one of the best queues as well.

My son likes to climb around everything and generally has a good time. I'm
    the only one (in my family) saddened by the closures (Jolly Trolly, Acorn Crawl),
    but the TT is still very much a favorite with my family.

On the topic of how it looks, from all the pics, it has definitely been
    freshened up greatly for the 50th. As for fading, I don't think it fades anymore quickly
    then any other part of the park. (2 to 3 years tops, 4-5 if stretching it).

Last I was there (Sept last year), all the gags (explosions, electric co, whoopie
    cushion sounds) that I remember were still working.

i just came back from dl on saturday, i used to love toon town, but it really has gone down hill. i even have kids and they get bored with it! long lines for 30 seconds of thrills! the kids (and me) love roger rabbit, but that's about it, and that's only worth going on if you have a fast pass or if it's first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985
    The obvious addition would be Philharmagic. Make a Opera house facade and it would fit in perfectly. My only worry is that it will suffer what pooh suffered... being in a far off place in the park where noone really goes.
    Oh that's a neat idea ... although I think your comments about relative location and NI TEACH's additional comments about exit crowds are valid points.
    Nevertheless, it seems that if they wanted to, there must be some way of dealing with queues, etc.

I suspect one of the big questions might be the physical space actually needed for a show building lik Philharmagic. It probably requires a pretty good sized building and I don't know if there is available space behind the Toontown sign to expand that way.
    ---Life's Too Short: Sing along---

Di by dee by deedee doh doh. De by diddi O!

Duitn Duitn Duitn Doo-bee-Doo. Dittin Duitin by dee be doh!

(thump, thump, thump, thump) heh_heh_heh_heh_heh

• Shubisha

Mixed feelings towards Toontown. I never even go into now unless I'm with people who want to go there. But I like its theme as a land and really want them to figure out how to make it better.

I only got to go in Goofy's bounce house once, the week toontown opened, and I was just short enough my head came right under the hand to check your height. Donald Duck's boat was deceptively fun to climb around for a while. Chip and Dales was just way too cramped(probably because I was just barely in that small kid category still). They really outta tear it down and put a ride there adults can go on. I hated when they boarded up the slide on Donald's boat though. It just felt dumb after that. They removed it entirely now though? That must look weird. The coaster is just too short. Can't stand 27 seconds worth of a ride. Even montezuma's revenge at knott's feels longer(at least it has the launch, and yes I know this one is a kid's coaster :P).

As for its future, the theme for the place is kind of weird. In one half they have toontown as the disney equivalent to dodo's Wackyland, and I like having an area themed like that. In the other half it's toontown in the sense that it's where toons live...(their houses and random references to any cartoon alla rescue rangers). They *should* be able to think up stuff to do there with it that open ended.

ps I still wish roger rabbit spun as fast as in the commercials they advertised it with that made me want to ride it in the first place :/

Personally I think Toontown gets a bad wrap! Yes, it's not the most interesting land in DL, but as far as being a totally immersive reality, it works well. Improvments needed? Sure! But that doesn't mean the whole land is a bust. (Roger R. is a highly under-rated attration, by the way!)

Don't forget that Toontown has been getting major visual help in the last year, buckets and buckets of paint. Doesn't anyone remember how horribly faded everything was before? It's vibrant now, even if entertainment is still a little limited.

Also, I remind anyone who's been to Toontown Faire in DisneyWorld, we definately got the lavish treatment here in Anaheim. If I remember correctly, Disney spent over $40 million on our Toontown, and less than half that in Florida.

I do however agree on one thing. Mickey's Philharmagic would be IDEAL in Toontown and it would finally give this area an E-Ticket.

• What have I done?

Not a favourite land but yeah RR Spin is great and the fact that you can visit our beloved Mickey and Minnie's home! I am 25 and still think it is cool!

"This guy!"

• all started by a mouse

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    At least our Toontown has a Roger Rabbit ... Unlike WDW's ...
    ....AND THATS ABOUT THE ONLY RIDE THATS DECENT IN TOONTOWN!!!. I THINK THEY NEED TO REVAMP IT OR CHANGE IT COMPLETLEY. NEMO, TOYSTORY,MONSTERS INC. SOMETHING TO GET THE PEOPLE OVERTHERE I THINK ITS A DULLSVILLE!!!
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

Quote Originally Posted by MckyCrzy
    ....AND THATS ABOUT THE ONLY RIDE THATS DECENT IN TOONTOWN!!!. I THINK THEY NEED TO REVAMP IT OR CHANGE IT COMPLETLEY. NEMO, TOYSTORY,MONSTERS INC. SOMETHING TO GET THE PEOPLE OVERTHERE I THINK ITS A DULLSVILLE!!!
    Nemo, Toystory and Monsters inc all don't match the Toon theme at all

maybe something with Scrooge, Bonkers or Darkwing would match the art style

also Philiharmagic would work

but Pixar is not toons in the technicaly since

and obvously plenty of people still find this land attractive

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Nemo, Toystory and Monsters inc all don't match the Toon theme at all

maybe something with Scrooge, Bonkers or Darkwing would match the art style
    We've talked before on the boards that they need a Duckburg expansion...but what they really need is St. Canard, complete with an Audubon Bay Bridge/Darkwing's hideout attraction.

And of course, to bring back the Disney Afternoon, so kids will actually know who these characters are.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Chip n' Dale Treehouse is now a walk through area and no longer has a slide and ball n' crawl for the children.
    Good riddance!

I used to work that awful Acorn Crawl back in 1996 and I can tell you that was the worst attraction the park ever had. Kids were regularly getting hurt because of kids running around despite several warnings not to do so. I once saw a small girl get a knee to the side of the head from a kid running around.

I am SO glad that place is permanently closed.

"What's wrong with toontown? Every average Joe loves toontown."

I think it could use some more attractions, but plenty people want to see it. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin iis a great dark ride.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    We've talked before on the boards that they need a Duckburg expansion...but what they really need is St. Canard, complete with an Audubon Bay Bridge/Darkwing's hideout attraction.

And of course, to bring back the Disney Afternoon, so kids will actually know who these characters are.
    oh I agree a bit, remeber I said it could go from Duckburg to St Canard to a Villains area

I don't know that they necessarily need to bring back the Disney afternoon but reusing those characters would be great, how about a Darkwing video game? it could be cell shaded (creating 3D graphics with the style of a cartoon) perhaps a sidescroller though (2D gameplay) but a platformer would be cool to (3D incarnation of a sidescroller) they could have lots of visual flare from Darkwing and his weapons

they could get Capcom to make it (Capcom does most of Disney's console games except Kingdom Hearts) but instead of the average Capcom Disney studio making it, get the studio that creates Viewtiful Joe to work on it

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    oh I agree a bit, remeber I said it could go from Duckburg to St Canard to a Villains area

I don't know that they necessarily need to bring back the Disney afternoon but reusing those characters would be great, how about a Darkwing video game? it could be cell shaded (creating 3D graphics with the style of a cartoon) perhaps a sidescroller though (2D gameplay) but a platformer would be cool to (3D incarnation of a sidescroller) they could have lots of visual flare from Darkwing and his weapons

they could get Capcom to make it (Capcom does most of Disney's console games except Kingdom Hearts) but instead of the average Capcom Disney studio making it, get the studio that creates Viewtiful Joe to work on it
    Nintendo already made Disney Afternoon games with 2 Ducktales, a DW game (never did beat that one) and 2 C&DRR games although I don't know if they ever made one for Tale Spin. Although I'm sure updates would be ideal.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast