Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Angry Hit by a Stroller!...And I'm an AP'er!!!

Don't these tourists know that they have to leave a three foot space around all AP holders??? Geez!

HaHaHa! Just thought I'd get the goat of a few AP bashers that need to relax! LOL.

Yep, after all these years at the Park, I finally got nailed by a stroller on our last night at the Park.

And the worse part is that I saw it coming!

A father was speeding past and around other guests with one of those large three wheeled stroller/jogging type things with the bicycle type tires on it. As I saw him approaching us, I looked down to make sure my kids weren't in this guys way and before I knew it, he swerved to avoid someone else and nailed my left leg with his left rear wheel. As the stoller bounced up and over my foot, whatever he had stacked up on top of the canvas roof fell off and down to the ground.

I had the perfect opportunity to nail him big time, but since I was in front of my kids, my conscience got the best of me and I just asked the guy to slow down and watch what he was doing. And that his actions could end up hurting somebody (or maybe even himself...if you know what I mean).

Anyway, I got the usual "look" that you get from somebody that is pretty much clueless, and we went on our way.

So now I join the club of the stroller victims. There is a club isn't there? Or a support group? LOL.

Unfortunately, we head home today. It was a GREAT trip, enjoyed by us all.

We're already looking forward to our next trip, during Easter.
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 03-16-2006 at 10:09 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Hit by a Stroller!...And I'm an AP'er!!!

I'm a part of that club!

My boyfriend said to me last Sunday while we were at Epcot, "These people really don't look where they are going do they?"

I said, "No, and they tend to stop right in the middle of the flow of traffic to."

My stroller incident happened because this person was reading a map, pushing a stroller and trying to point his wife to the restrooms all at the same time.

He apologized when he ran over my toe but it was kind of a last minute, "Hey, I think that guy is going to hit.....*bump* Dang it!~"

• Banned User

I got nailed 2 times so far on my trips, yep, slam, ouch, and then they take off. what happened to I am sorry? darn fools!!

• Closed Account

Cool! In about 6 months I will be one of those new stroller pushing parents that will be seeking revenge on all the times I took strollers into the shins! AH! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Revenge shall be mine!

And I am an APer as well!

• My life is better with DL

I secretly love when that happens...It's not that I'm a pain Fiend or anything, but in reality I just think it's funny when the parents freak out at their spouses or younger children pushing the stroller, for not "watching where there going!" It's funny to me.

^This is the life!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I have been hit a couple of times. Not a huge deal. Accidents happen.

Move on, and enjoy your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I always stay out of these stroller things, I've got kids and use a stroller and try not to hit people - but I've done it. I always, always apologize, even if the person just stepped right in front of me. I can't tell you how many times I ran over my own daughter for doing that when we went to WDW... she still didn't learn and kept trying to cut me off. But, I watch where I'm going and try to steer clear of the biggest crowds. When we watched the fireworks, we were up against a fence and just sat there as the crowds filtered out until it was nicely thinned out. It wasn't that long, really. For one, I don't want to be trying to manuever a stroller through people packed wall to wall and I also don't want to have to try and keep up with the other two kids and the hubby in that. If I can wait 10 minutes, it's much less stressful and much more safe.

Anyway, I had a point, I think. You would think these people wouldn't want to hit people, imagine the jolt the poor kid gets upon being abruptly stopped by some persons leg. I think that even if the parent didn't give a crap about anyone else around them, they would at least care about their child and their poor neck!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Senior Minion

PM, Sorry to hear this happened. I know this has happened to me many a time, and only once was I vocal to someone because it was obviously deliberate. The way you handled it was the best. Whether the kids were there or not. I have had the bruises, so I know. Kudos to you for restraining yourself.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• off in lala land

PM, you forgot to wear your crown that say "I'm an AP, get out of my way!!!!"
    ...it's been a long time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    Cool! In about 6 months I will be one of those new stroller pushing parents that will be seeking revenge on all the times I took strollers into the shins! AH! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Revenge shall be mine!

And I am an APer as well!
    you go girl
    I do not get mad when I get hit, its polite to say excuse me, or I am sorry, but I was once a stroller weilding mom, I know stuff happens and so Its no big deal. one time I got totally hurt, and my heel bled, so I pulled out bandages and went on my way. I got a nasty look like i was the one in the way, but again maybe I was.

• Dr. Harleen Quinzel

I get hit everytime I go to Disneyland, and I always see it coming and try to avoid it everytime. Maybe I should stop trying to avoid them maybe I won't get hit.

The place I get hit the most is in Adventureland.
    Polynesian girl

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    ... three wheeled stroller/jogging type things with the bicycle type tires on it.
    Bicycle tires? You wuss. Come talk to us when you get blinded sided from behind by the full brunt of a mini-cruiser equiped wheels precisely machined to just the perfect size and hardness to carve out parts of your achilles heel leaving you bruised and limping forever more...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• On Autopilot

I have yet to be smacked by a stroller, that's probably because of the reason that I'm constantly wearing black and my pin coat and makes me look like a walking pin cushion

I either get "whoa that's cool" or a bee line away from me

• With my wife....

In all my trips to the park, I've only ever been hit by one stroller. Of course, it was a young child pushing his younger sibling's stroller for his parents. I saw him coming and was thinking "This kid better not ram me with that stroller".

Next thing I know.... boom... ouch!

Of course he gives me a spaced-out look and continues about his merry way. I gave him the glare of doom, but that's about it. Of course, past MC discussions came to mind and I started thinking "Wow, I finally got hit with a stroller". It was like some strange initiation ritual into a new MC club.

Anyway, 2 minutes later I'm still walking around the park and

Next thing I know.... boom... ouch!

IT WAS THE SAME KID! Once again, no sorry, no excuse me... not from the boy, not from the parents.... nada. They just all gave me that same spaced-out stare and continued on into the crowd like lemmings. At that point I was far too amused at the situation to be angry about it.

So I guess the moral of the story is either a) don't let your young children push the stroller, or b) teach them some manners so that when they do run over a stranger's foot, they'll know enough to say "sorry"!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

The last time down, I got nailed by a tandem stroller right across the big toes, and it was heavy enough and nasty enough to take out both toenails.

Hopefully they'll have grown completely back by the time I go down again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast