Thread: Upcoming Trip

Question Upcoming Trip

My sister and I will be visiting Disneyland for the very first time in September. We did have some questions we were hoping to get answered.

1) We added on Legoland, San Diego Zoo, Sea World and Universal to our package. Since we don't have a car we also added the transportation option. Can anyone tell me how the transportation works? Do they get you there for opening and take you back at closing? We would like to spend full days at each place.

2) Any one have any tips or tricks to share to make a first visit even more memorable. We are veteran visitors to Disney World but have never been to Disneyland and am really looking forward to it. We are going for 8 days and have three days worth of Disney visits and 4 days of other parks.

Thanks for any help you can give. It's greatly appreciated.

Chris

Re: Upcoming Trip

I can't answer #1... As I live in LA.

#2: Get there early... and just remember that this is Walt's park. That the main street you're walking on he walked on. Kinda creepy stalker talk.
    Be prepared to spend. It's not cheap, and complaining won't fix it.
    Keep your mind open, just because Florida has it doesn't mean you cannot enjoy it here.
    Ride Indy... Twice... Thrice.... TONS OF TIMES.
    During Fantasmic, lines on the E tickets DIE. I've ridden Space Mount. twice during a show.
    Use the fastpass system to your advantage. I like to get a Splash Ticket early on.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Upcoming Trip

I can kind of answer 1. Depending on who you book through, and where you are staying, most of the tour companies get you there on or close to opening time. Once again, this will depend on the carrier, but quite a few of the tours have options for full days, half days and other pick-up times.

I don't think you REALLY need to stay there (Universal) from opening to closing is completely necessary. Once you've done the major attractions - BTTF, The Mummy, the backlot tour and Jurassic Park - I don't feel as though you need to hang around.

However, if you are staying in Anaheim, make sure you do get on your return transfer bus. It is a looooong walk from Hollywood back to Anaheim.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks