Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Thumbs down Why do people think they can touch and push other people's kids?

First of all, I'm an AP'er...

Second, my trip yesterday was awful as far as crowds and rude people. First some lady kept pushing my little 2 year old out of his place in line to see Woody and Jessie. After the third time of watching my son get slammed in the head by her huge backpack pushing him away, I finally told her if she smacked my son in the head again she was done. I know, kinda snippy but I waited for three times to get him hit in the head. I was patient enough and just felt the need to speak up. A couple of not so nice words were exchanged but she finally shut up.

Third, I can't believe what a free for all it is to get a picture with Buzz. The kids weren't the pushy ones it was the parents! My son was yet again, pushed to the side, not by kids but by parents. Appalling that a 2 year old could get shoved around like poultry.

Finally, at the Gold Peter Pan Pirate Ship, my son loves that gold thing and likes to just sit in it. He doesn't know that people might want to take a picture. So why did some man think he could GRAB, yes grab, my son by the arm pull him away from the ship so his kids could get in and he could get his stupid pictures. I understand that people want pictures but why grab and pull some other person's 2 year old before asking me, the parent to remove them, which, in fact, I was about to do. After that I just walked away, I didn't say anything to this man who thought he could put his hands on my son because I didn't want to have to call my mom from the Disney Jail to come pick me up for beating some tourist from another state.

So yesterday, was the worst trip I've had yet due to rude people and it was really crowded

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Why do people think they can touch and push other people's kids?

After the Peter Pan incident, I would have gotten a CM, explained the situation, and see what happens. That is appalling behavior. If any one EVER touched my child, I would have security remove them from the park.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    After the Peter Pan incident, I would have gotten a CM, explained the situation, and see what happens. That is appalling behavior. If any one EVER touched my child, I would have security remove them from the park.

You are absolutely right and I should of. But it was the end of this crazy day and I just wanted to walk away from it. Because honestly at that point...I don't think I would have gotten a CM...I would have just smacked him down right there...I had to just walk away or I would have lost it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    First of all, I'm an AP'er...

Second, my trip yesterday was awful as far as crowds and rude people. First some lady kept pushing my little 2 year old out of his place in line to see Woody and Jessie. After the third time of watching my son get slammed in the head by her huge backpack pushing him away,
    That was two times too many. Sorry to hear about your child's experience.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Closed Account

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

With the Peter Pan boat, it sounds like YOU may have been perceived by some parents as being the rude one, allowing your child to monopolize the ship. I'm not saying the perception is accurate, only that that's how you *may* have appeared. You say about your son, that, understandably, "He doesn't know that people might want to take a picture."

But you, as a parent, do know.

Does that give a stranger the right to "grab" you child? I don't know. If he gently took the child's hand and helped him down--maybe.

There are two sides to every story. I'd like to hear the other parent's thoughts before passing any kind of judgment here.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

You should comendable restraint. However, I wold have told the guy not to ever touch another persons child without good reason. Even before I had a kid myself I would tell small children "excuse me" before gently guding them out of the way, if they were in fact in the way. I wanted to be a good example. Grabbing someone elses kid sets a bad example for your child and I wouldn't let that one go. But like I said, you set a good example for your child in showing restraint. Too bad this other guys kids are going to grow up to be just as pushy as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

With the Peter Pan boat, it sounds like YOU may have been perceived by some parents as being the rude one, allowing your child to monopolize the ship. You say about your son, that, understandably, "He doesn't know that people might want to take a picture."

But you, as a parent, do know.

There are two sides to every story. I'd like to hear the other parent's thoughts before passing any kind of judgment here.
    Ok, I'll answer that...my son was not even in there for like 1 second...when this man grabbed him to removed him from the ship...I didn't even have time to remove him.

But that all doesn't matter...I would NEVER touch another person's child even if the parents were sitting there watching the child get in my way for a long time. And especially if it was in front of them. It was rude of him to touch/grab my child by the arm and pull him away in front of me before I had time to do it myself...very rude.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella

You are absolutely right and I should of. But it was the end of this crazy day and I just wanted to walk away from it. Because honestly at that point...I don't think I would have gotten a CM...I would have just smacked him down right there...I had to just walk away or I would have lost it.
    Claribella, I admire your strength to walk away.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

• Rock Star Minion

Several years ago, my son was being bitten by some other kid. I had to touch him to separate them.
    And I got the third degree from the kid's parent.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• white and nerdy

The only reason that anyone should EVER touch a strangers child is if there is a real saftey issue. (helping a child off a ride, and then only from CMs or helping a lost child by taking them by the hand) For a complete stranger to grab your kid is beyond the pale. It doesn't matter how long they were waiting to take a picture they should have talked to the parent rather than taking matters into their own hands.
    With all the child snachings and molestations that happen this is something that I take very serious. Don't touch a strangers kid ever.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Does that give a stranger the right to "grab" you child? I don't know. If he gently took the child's hand and helped him down--maybe.
    No adult has the right to lay a hand on another person's child. Period. The mom saw a strange man pull her child out of the Peter Pan boat by his arm. Not his shoulder, not his hand, his arm. That is not a very friendly way to treat a child.

NO GOATS!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Several years ago, my son was being bitten by some other kid. I had to touch him to separate them.
    And I got the third degree from the kid's parent.
    That's a saftey issue. If the parent gave you the third degree you should have said, "I'm sorry but this is what you kid was doing." Then YOU bite the parents hand. I'm sure it would have all worked out for the best.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I grabbed a person's child once. The kid was a toddler and running away from them. So I stopped them. The parent thanked me. And I do it again.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    I grabbed a person's child once. The kid was a toddler and running away from them. So I stopped them. The parent thanked me. And I do it again.

I think that situation is a bit different. The child might have been in danger..

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    With all the child snatchings and molestations that happen this is something that I take very serious. Don't touch a strangers kid ever.
    Meh. they're not all that common. ON TV shows, yes, they happen all the time. And when one really does happen, you get to hear about that one for a week on the news.

You? Serious? Getattahere.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast