Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Does Anyone Remember This Attraction.....

Does anyone remember this Tommorrowland attraction when they were younger? It was located at the exit of the old Circle Vision, "America the Beautiful" attraction. There were phone booth rooms that people could go in and sit and make phone calls, but there was another attraction where they were Disney character faces on a wall and you could pick up a phone and listen to the characters talk to you. It was part of a Bell exhibit.

I am going to get a copy of those tracks, plus the entire America The Beautiful soundtrack on cd. To actually relive these childhood memories is pretty cool.

Re: Does Anyone Remember This Attraction.....

Yes, I remember the attraction and the phone booths from the first time I went to Disneyland. I believe the House of Tomorrow was still around then.

You know, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth ...

• Sock Puppet

oh exactly. Thise were sure fond days and great memories for me. I remember it took forever to get into those phone booths to make phone calls.

Thumbs up Re: Does Anyone Remember This Attraction.....

Oh yeah! I remember that attraction...that would be cool to have those sounds/soundtracks

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ScarLion
    Oh yeah! I remember that attraction...that would be cool to have those sounds/soundtracks
    I know of a guy who sells these tracks at local Disney shows. He has a ton of stuff for sale.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    Does anyone remember this Tommorrowland attraction when they were younger? It was located at the exit of the old Circle Vision, "America the Beautiful" attraction. There were phone booth rooms that people could go in and sit and make phone calls, but there was another attraction where they were Disney character faces on a wall and you could pick up a phone and listen to the characters talk to you. It was part of a Bell exhibit.

I am going to get a copy of those tracks, plus the entire America The Beautiful soundtrack on cd. To actually relive these childhood memories is pretty cool.
    I used to love to go in there and call my mom (collect.) I was a teen and would take my younger sibs to Disneyland. (I was 19, they were 4-6yo.) We would go there and call home saying we made it ok. Imagine a teen now getting excited about a speaker phone...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Yep, would cram the family in the booth and call anyone you knew to rub it in that you were at DL!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Exactly what I did... Everytime I went I'd call my mom & dad in New England to rub it in. Worked really well in the winter months, which in Maine is about September to May (sometimes June).

a speakerphone... sure was a big deal!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• My Children's Father

Like it was yesterday.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Dont make me unfriend you

I remember those! They had the phones, and if you pushed the # button you hear a recording of which ever character had that "phone number." I remember that!

I also remember my mom taking us to DL and my dad had to work once. So we all crammed into the pphone booth and used the speaker phone to call him at his office. That was pretty cool at the time,..

It's now the Buzz Light Year store...right? It's was about there...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    I remember those! They had the phones, and if you pushed the # button you hear a recording of which ever character had that "phone number." I remember that!

I also remember my mom taking us to DL and my dad had to work once. So we all crammed into the pphone booth and used the speaker phone to call him at his office. That was pretty cool at the time,..

It's now the Buzz Light Year store...right? It's was about there...

You are 100% correct!!!

• Sock Puppet

Here is another memory:

Does anyone remember the 2 shooting galleries, one was located in Frontierland and the other was in Adventureland and they used actual pellets. I remember cast members would fill up your rifles with the pellets and then you would pay them for it. They were pretty loud and noisy too.

I always hated that boring ride. If that's what you want to call it. My parents used to make me do it. You couldn't even sit down.

jan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

(cocking his straw hat and affecting his best Maurice Chevalier accent...)

"Ahh, yes! I remember it well!"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

When did they take this down? I'm remembering Circle Vision (that's where Buzz Lightyear is now, correct?) and they had phones and stuff...but I was born in '83 so I'm not sure if I'm thinking of something else...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast