Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Weirdest thing you've ever brought through security

So what have you brought through the security checkpoint that's gotten the weirdest looks from the CMs?

Personally, I tend to come to the park directly from my Screenwriting class on Friday evenings, and if I have time before work, I'll often go into the park. One time, I had left my The Silence of the Lambs DVD, which I had brought for class, in the bag. That got a weird look.

Also, I needed to exchange a broken bell jar rose for DQ at the crystal shop on Main Street, but since I didn't have time, I asked a friend to do it for me. Apparently, the CMs were confused about him bringing a big cardboard box into the park.

Anyone else have any interesting stories from the security checkpoints?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Re: Weirdest thing you've ever brought through security

The weirdest thing I ever brought through security was my 15 lb puppy in training (he's training to be a service dog). He was in this little sling and was out cold and since it was so crowded I didn't want him to walk (stepped on). They patted the bag down and everything but they found it was nothing but a fuzzy pup in the bag. He's now 36 lbs and will NOT be carried on our next trip.
    I also get strange looks with the stuff I bring for my dogs, Kongs (dog toy), food, bones.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

• What, where am i?

Either my laptop or my portable DVD player they both got weird looks.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDogMom
    The weirdest thing I ever brought through security was my 15 lb puppy in training (he's training to be a service dog). He was in this little sling and was out cold and since it was so crowded I didn't want him to walk (stepped on). They patted the bag down and everything but they found it was nothing but a fuzzy pup in the bag. He's now 36 lbs and will NOT be carried on our next trip.
    I also get strange looks with the stuff I bring for my dogs, Kongs (dog toy), food, bones.
    I take it someone stays with your dog while you go on a ride?

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

it's not weird but when they ask you to unzip a small bag that has feminine hygiene products inside.

barbie clothes along with her condoms, pregnancy test and pleasure wand w/ batteries.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    I take it someone stays with your dog while you go on a ride?
    Yeah, me... On the rides he isn't allowed on. We do a baby swap thing. Actually, we wouldn't have brought him that trip, except we had planned this vacation for months and we were asked to take this pup 2 weeks before we left, and couldn't find a puppysitter for all the days. We also had an 80lb lab with us also. We were a sight, 4 teens, a mom, dad, friend of the family, sometimes 3 teen cousins, and 1 walking pup and 1 pup in the sling. No one really realized we had a puppy in the sling unless they looked closely. It looked just like a baby sling, except its logo was "Outward Hound".
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Barbie?

barbie clothes along with her condoms, pregnancy test and pleasure wand w/ batteries.
    Your Barbie plans to be quite busy when she goes to DL <VBG>

CU@DL

Andy

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

it was for show and tell since some folks think Barbie has no fun.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• "Always On The Move..."

A non-working (as in it "fried" itself when exposed to a certain questionable scene by Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine) Interactive Yoda (Who is currently on a round the world tour and stuck somewhere between Wales and France).

Brought him in to start the tour and get photos of him. Security slapped on the ole rubber gloves and made us expose his neither regions to make sure he had no batteries or explosive devices inside. However, the Anaheim PD on their bicycles, literally fought over who was going to get the pics taken with him. LOL (One of the officer's did major sulking cause Yoda didn't get to sit on his handlebars and took the quicky tour of DownTown Disney with the other officer. LOL)

• Dreams do come true

I heard a story on the local radio station that they accidenatly got a handgun through the checkpoint. The DJ was at a gun range the day before and had put the gun in a backpack and then used the same backpack at DL the next day and about halfway through the day realized the big blunder.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Barbie?
    it was for show and tell since some folks think Barbie has no fun.

"Show and tell" hmmmm...... Is that like "kiss and tell"? <vbg>

CU@DL

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Yeah, me... On the rides he isn't allowed on. We do a baby swap thing. Actually, we wouldn't have brought him that trip, except we had planned this vacation for months and we were asked to take this pup 2 weeks before we left, and couldn't find a puppysitter for all the days. We also had an 80lb lab with us also. We were a sight, 4 teens, a mom, dad, friend of the family, sometimes 3 teen cousins, and 1 walking pup and 1 pup in the sling. No one really realized we had a puppy in the sling unless they looked closely. It looked just like a baby sling, except its logo was "Outward Hound".
    What you do is really cool. I love dogs and would love to do something like that, but having to give the dog away would be too hard for me. He's allowed on rides? Could you name a few?

• Give Peace a Chance

DH wearing an old CM Fantasmic Jacket. We had every Security Officer, (even the suits) in DL stop or come up to question him that night (opening night of Fantasmic a few years ago).
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    What you do is really cool. I love dogs and would love to do something like that, but having to give the dog away would be too hard for me. He's allowed on rides? Could you name a few?
    Our last pup LOVED POTC. He actually got excited when we would get in the boat. Jungle Cruise was another favorite. Basic rule of thumb, if there was a height requirement, he can't ride. Some of the dark rides in Fantasyland he can't go on. But he can go to all the shows. And they do well on them. Disneyland is an EXCELLENT area for training. (And it gives us an excuse to come down more.)

Returning them is difficult. You fall head over heels in love with them, then they go back to be paired with someone who needs them more. Our first pup is with a young woman in a chair. Our second pup (who loved POTC) is with a handler at an elderly group home. Our baby will be with us til July 07. We will start planning for a new puppy pickup around May 07. That way we have a ball of fur to cry into at turn in ceremonies.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• For old time sake

My gnomes
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast