Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: 3/18 News and Photos from the DLR - Lots of New Info, including Snow White returning

A quick photo update.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1292511

The Main thing was that Disney was restricting the Monorail to Hotel Guests only at DtD (and they have signs ready at the Tomorrowland station) Sunday Morning.

Looks like on busy days, they will enforce the policy, especially in the morning and evening hours.

So a heads up for those who are planning to ride.

Also, Disney did release new glossy Guide to the Magic for both parks, no real changes, except Goofy's Playhouse is now listed, and the 50th CM name tags got changed.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: 3/18 News and Photos from the DLR - Lots of New Info, including Snow White returning

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060320xx

The current move to the Esplanade is expected to last until May 6, at which time rentals will move back into both parks. Rentals will then return to the Esplanade around Memorial Day for the summer season, returning back to the individual parks after Labor Day. It can probably be expected that the cycle will repeat with the holiday season two months later. The Esplanade solution has proven to be convenient and successful with guests and cast members, especially for the crowded area around the right tunnel into Disneyland. Here's hoping that eventually this change is made permanent.
    And they have been doing studies to see if they could build a permanent structure by the Kennels to make it permanent.

• Merry 2014!

Re: 3/18 News and Photos from the DLR - Lots of New Info, including Snow White return

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060320xx

And they have been doing studies to see if they could build a permanent structure by the Kennels to make it permanent.
    A permanent structure by the kennels would rock! It would surely help the congestion by the tunnel. I wonder if they will have the wheel chairs and electric wheel chairs there also?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: 3/18 News and Photos from the DLR - Lots of New Info, including Snow White return

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    A permanent structure by the kennels would rock! It would surely help the congestion by the tunnel. I wonder if they will have the wheel chairs and electric wheel chairs there also?
    The current temporary area is for strollers and both types of Wheelchairs, so yes, a new building would handle all three types of rentals.

One reason Disney would want the new building in this area is the fact that part of the costuming building (the large building along the Monorail track, east of the kennel) is used for storage of the rental equipment, including charging stations for the electric wheelchairs.

I doubt if it will happen in the near future, the earliest the building would start would be after the summer rush, and of course, the project has not been greenlighted (money has not been approved). Also, they are trying to figure out what to do with the Kennel.

• Basking in birthday love

Fantasmic! returns to 7 days a week operation on Friday, June 2nd, but will go dark on June 17th due to the Pirates Premiere and return on Wednesday June 28th.
    What? June 17th is my birthday! NoooOOooOoOOO!

Eh, I'll probably be working anyway. But still...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
    • Minion

Thanks, David... Wow, that is a new extension of the Lagoon show building? That is quite an addition... Interesting.

(Wondering what and when we will be hearing from Al soon...)
    Check out my other blog:

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    (Wondering what and when we will be hearing from Al soon...)
    I would go out tonight and buy some breakfast pastries and an xtra-large beverage, you will be having some interesting reading to do tomorrow morning

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Looks like one of the Turkeys has passed away. The sign talking about them has been removed, and only one turkey has been on display for the last week or two.
    We prefer the term, brunch.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

great update DB!

FYI-

Due to the PotC movie premier event, the following schedule changes have been made:

Saturday, June 24th

Disneyland hours:

6:30 am - 5:00 pm (hard close)

Disney's California Adventure hours:

10:00 am - 11:00 pm

no early entry on June 24th

---
    early entry for 6/15 is rescheduled to 6/14
    early entry for 6/22 is rescheduled to 6/21

as always, subject to change without notice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123