Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Creative Director

Not all characters go out with Character/Entertainment hosts (which you have been refering to as 'handlers'). It just depends.
    And yes, being a character or parade performer at disney parks is very much a job that people take for granted. It is very physical and demanding.

How are WDW college program auditions different?

• That's Hawt

I have to say that I was at DL over spring break and two things surprised me. First of all ... they had Tom and Huck, first they were walking around Big Thunder and Frontierland area and pointing at things and looking all surprised. And then later they were on TSI. It was really cool, all the little kids were asking questions. I think the most memorable one was, "Why do you have to fish?" and the character said, without a smirk, "So Huck and I Can Eat!" In a PERFECT accent. It was also really cool because he was using twigs to draw maps to the treasure on TSI.

The other thing that was kind of sad, was Cruella DeVill in DCA was sitting on her chair and not a single person came up to her while I stood there for nearly a half an hour. I felt so bad for her!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    The other thing that was kind of sad, was Cruella DeVill in DCA was sitting on her chair and not a single person came up to her while I stood there for nearly a half an hour. I felt so bad for her!
    Considering the woman's reputation, I'm not surprised.

She's like Michael Eisner in that respect, though.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Example "ooo, Snow White, what are you doing at Albertson's?" "Um I am buying groceries for the seven dwarves"
    Even better would be bumping into Cinderella at a shoe store.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    I've heard they're getting rid of Tom and Huck
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Yep, they're going to take them to the far side of the Rivers of America and shoot them, then feed them to the bears. Don't be surprised if next time you take the DLRR you see two settler's bodies next to that burning cabin.

• That's Hawt

Oh that's sad ... they can't have been there very long??? This trip was my first time seeing them ... they were great!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Yep. Huck told me this weekend, since I visit them regularly. Big bummer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12