Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: When the fireworks are cancelled....

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    I went to Disneyland yesterday and waited almost 2 hours in the perfect spot in front of the castle to see the fireworks. I have yet to catch them from in front of the castle.

Anyway, they cancelled the fireworks due to high winds. I was upset that I waited almost two hours but got over it quick enough and honestly, I felt more sorry for those who were visiting out of town or who don't go to Disneyland as much as I do because I'm an AP'er.

I wonder if the Disney City Hall gets flooded with upset guests because of cancellations like this. The second 10:30 showing of Fantasmic was also cancelled. It started to rain pretty bad.
    Was the first showing of Fantasmic at 9:00 cancelled as well?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    *nods* yes it is amazing. Yesterday, I also saw something like this....Indiana was down for just a bit and of course Pirates is not open. Well there was this teen talking to a CM at Indiana about why it was down. And all I heard the teen say was "what the f*&k is wrong with you people" Right to the CM. Like it was the CM's fault!

Appalling.
    Young people today are growing up in an in-your-face, on-demand, cellphone, instant download, I want-it-and-I-want-it-now world. Now let's be honest...the vast majority of them hardly act like that one did.

All too sadly, though, such a report is hardly a surprise anymore, either.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Was the first showing of Fantasmic at 9:00 cancelled as well?
    No, they showed it. It really started to rain around 10pm right before the second showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    the vast majority of them hardly act like that one did.
    All too sadly, though, such a report is hardly a surprise anymore, either.

True, most of the teens I've seen are friendly and smiling. Its just when this kinda thing DOES happen, its a doozy. Very sad.

• Cast Member

People that complain apparently don't understand the concept of risk management. If winds are blowing the wrong direction, to fast, or there are electrical storms in the area its reason enough to cancel a show. Fires could be set and people can be burned by falling debris. As for Fantasmic, even a small slip up on a slick deck can cause serious problems for a CM. Its obvious to me that if a show is cancelled due to safety reasons, people who complain have a complete lack of regard for others. If you waited 4 hours for a show only to be cancelled because of they don't want to take the risk of a CM breaking their neck or setting fire to building and surrounding areas, thats too bad. Quit crying over it. If that seems harsh I'm sorry.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Teens aren't the only ones who talk to others like that. I've seen full-grown men in their 50s cussing out others for no reason. Don't generalize.

As for the winds thing, really stinks...they haven't really been cooperating lately, but Disneyland obviously has to put safety first, which I'm personally grateful for. I will admit that I was bummed when my boyfriend and I had staked out a spot for 2 hours on our anniversary and they didn't work, but that's life

I think I have to make quite clear that I certainly did not complain that anything was cancelled nor do I CARE that I waited 2 hours staking a good spot. I can catch the performances anytime. I was simply showing concern when others DO complain to City Hall or CM's. I think its ridiculous.

Does everyone understand that?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: When the fireworks are cancelled....

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I loved it when they were canceled.....the park emptied out and I could enjoy disneyland at night once again. I was pure bliss for me..
    Yeah but it still sucks after you and your friends waited in a spot and they never happened.

• Cast Member

It was clear that you didn't complain and my post was certainly not an attack on you, I am sorry if you felt I was. City Hall does get overwhelmed with complains for things that are beyond their reasonable control. I have seen people yelling at CM's and exhibiting destructive behavior on park property. Whats worse is the people you see doing these things are grown men and women. Its a depressing sight to see a 50 year old couple yelling at a CM because it rained, or a 35 year old dad of two kicking over a trash can because Fantasmic had to be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCopSB
    It was clear that you didn't complain and my post was certainly not an attack on you, I am sorry if you felt I was. City Hall does get overwhelmed with complains for things that are beyond their reasonable control. I have seen people yelling at CM's and exhibiting destructive behavior on park property. Whats worse is the people you see doing these things are grown men and women. Its a depressing sight to see a 50 year old couple yelling at a CM because it rained, or a 35 year old dad of two kicking over a trash can because Fantasmic had to be cancelled.
    Cool Beans. No Worries...

And I must ask did you REALLY witness those things?? Wow!

• Cast Member

Yes I have witnessed it on several occasion and sometimes the intensity increase exponentially when it comes to Characters. People start looking rabid dogs. Heaven forbid its 95 degrees in the summer and poor puppy Pluto is in desprite need of some water.
    Last edited by NavyCopSB; 03-21-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCopSB
    Yes I have witnessed it on several occasion and sometimes the intensity increase exponentially when it comes to Characters. People start looking rabid dogs. Heaven forbid its 95 degrees in the summer and poor puppy Pluto is in desprite need of some water.
    People will always continue to amaze me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12