Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

When the fireworks are cancelled....

I went to Disneyland yesterday and waited almost 2 hours in the perfect spot in front of the castle to see the fireworks. I have yet to catch them from in front of the castle.

Anyway, they cancelled the fireworks due to high winds. I was upset that I waited almost two hours but got over it quick enough and honestly, I felt more sorry for those who were visiting out of town or who don't go to Disneyland as much as I do because I'm an AP'er.

I wonder if the Disney City Hall gets flooded with upset guests because of cancellations like this. The second 10:30 showing of Fantasmic was also cancelled. It started to rain pretty bad.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: When the fireworks are cancelled....

All shows are subject to cancellation...

Mother nature hasn't been too nice lately, so you can't blame Disney. If something was to happen, like a fire or an errant spark hits someone in the crowd due to the high winds, then who will be screaming...

Disney makes the decision based on current facts, not emotion. I'm sure that they are not happy about it either, but that's just life.

We've waited for the show and then had it cancelled too, but it's out of our control. To complain to City Hall about the weather (something totally out of their control) is just not right.

During our trip this past week, they had the fireworks 4 out of the 6 nights that we were there. That's a pretty good showing.

I feel for them, but there's always next time.

• no flash photography...

I loved it when they were canceled.....the park emptied out and I could enjoy disneyland at night once again. I was pure bliss for me..

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    All shows are subject to cancellation...

Mother nature hasn't been too nice lately, so you can't blame Disney.

Disney makes the decision based on current facts, not emotion. I'm sure that they are not happy about it either, but that's just life.
    Yeah, it says it on the program sheet at the bottom in small letters. "all shows are subject to cancellation" or changes..something to that effect. Of course, I don't blame Disney...never said I did. And yup...that's life. I just wonder about complaints because as I left I saw that City Hall had a crowd of people in it and waiting outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I loved it when they were canceled.....the park emptied out and I could enjoy disneyland at night once again. I was pure bliss for me..
    Ha yes! I noticed that too! The last couple hours there was great...HM was walk on!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    Yeah, it says it on the program sheet at the bottom in small letters. "all shows are subject to cancellation" or changes..something to that effect. Of course, I don't blame Disney...never said I did. And yup...that's life. I just wonder about complaints because as I left I saw that City Hall had a crowd of people in it and waiting outside.

Oh, I'm sure that is what they were doing.

I feel bad for the City Hall CM's that have to listen to them. No wonder they can be "grumpy" at times. I don't blame them.

It is amazing what people can complain about. We hear more than our fair share while waiting in line at City Hall to get our B-Day stickers. Some can be downright hilarious. I hope those CM's get extra pay for having the patience to deal with some of those folks.

It's just amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Oh, I'm sure that is what they were doing.

I feel bad for the City Hall CM's that have to listen to them. No wonder they can be "grumpy" at times. I don't blame them.

It is amazing what people can complain about. We hear more than our fair share while waiting in line at City Hall to get our B-Day stickers. Some can be downright hilarious. I hope those CM's get extra pay for having the patience to deal with some of those folks.

It's just amazing...
    *nods* yes it is amazing. Yesterday, I also saw something like this....Indiana was down for just a bit and of course Pirates is not open. Well there was this teen talking to a CM at Indiana about why it was down. And all I heard the teen say was "what the f*&k is wrong with you people" Right to the CM. Like it was the CM's fault!

Appalling.

• Banned User

^^^ I hate those kind of teens!HELLO! Its bit their fault it broke down!

• Hit it, Skip!

I was there last night too. But I counted the lighting & thunder as our fireworks!

• Minion

I was there on Friday, and they cancelled the first showing of Fantasmic and "Remember...Dreams Come True" as well. I just used the time to ride Indy some more!

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    *nods* yes it is amazing. Yesterday, I also saw something like this....Indiana was down for just a bit and of course Pirates is not open. Well there was this teen talking to a CM at Indiana about why it was down. And all I heard the teen say was "what the f*&k is wrong with you people" Right to the CM. Like it was the CM's fault!

Appalling.
    Good GOD!

I wouldn't even dream of talking to a CM like that, even if I didn't work there.

Who is this kid's parent? I don't have kids and I wasn't raised like that, but when I was a teen, I would have seen my dad's belt for that kind of behavior.

I guess that's part of the reason things are getting worse and worse with kids, or so it seems.

Bye.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    Good GOD!

I guess that's part of the reason things are getting worse and worse with kids, or so it seems.

Bye.
    yes, that is true...there are laws about how you can punish a child now...a lot of parents just choose not to punish there kids....at any rate that is why there are so many screamy whiney kids around that turn into selfish rude teens...that I imagine will turn into even worse adults.

We had a nighbor that would not raise her voice or hit her kids at all. Well, those kids disrespcted her all thentime and when the olderst boy turned into a teen he beat his mother up until she was unconscious.....I wonder where he learned that behavior...he was not hit or yelled at as a child...yet he still learned it....done rambling....

Yesterday? The weather must have been totally different where I live, in West Los Angeles, there was no rain, and a bit of light wind, maybe moderate. I certainly wouldn't call it heavy winds.

Wow, can't believe the differences in weather with only an hour away!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaRudison!
    I was there last night too. But I counted the lighting & thunder as our fireworks!
    Ha! Yeah, it was pretty neat. That thunder got really loud at one point.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I agree! We were there on Friday night and they were cancelled but from the time the guest started "saving their seats" till they cancelled the fireworks, we rode tons of rides! No lines! And afterwards it was like we had the whole park to ourselves. I really enjoyed that. I did miss the fireworks, but I have seen them a bunch of times and I will see them again. This was a nice change.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast