Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: Something GNU is coming to the Peoplemover track....

Disneyland desperately needs more small-ticket attractions, though, especially with the sort of crowds we've been seeing. Since FASTPASS isn't going anywhere any time soon, the best way to counteract its negative effects is to add in more non-FP attractions to pull people off the crowded walkways. The biggest issue with adding new attractions is space, because the park is pretty cramped as it is. The space already exists, the track already exists, so it seems like a no-brainer to utilize that space.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Disneyland desperately needs more small-ticket attractions, though, especially with the sort of crowds we've been seeing. Since FASTPASS isn't going anywhere any time soon, the best way to counteract its negative effects is to add in more non-FP attractions to pull people off the crowded walkways. The biggest issue with adding new attractions is space, because the park is pretty cramped as it is. The space already exists, the track already exists, so it seems like a no-brainer to utilize that space.
    I think the park was heading in the right direction when it opened Rocket Rods, in that they were putting up a moderate thrill ride. And lets face it, Tomorrowland should have an extra quotient of thrill rides, that's just how the future keeps looking anyway.

There was another concept I recall from the TL-98 project that was a kind of mini coaster, meant to travel out and about Tomorrowland. It was nixed obviously, and I dont remember what the details or flight plan were. It seems like if they had 100 million or so they could build a moderate coaster onto those tracks, albeit tracks on top of more tracks, but a lonf train and boosted capacity (the true downfall of 'Rods) and that would be a major crowd pleaser, especially at night. I for one would trade in my nostalgiac romance of the Peoplemover for that.
    Last edited by Mission Seagull; 03-23-2006 at 07:34 AM.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Banned User

hey.. looks like those planters are going to be prt of a loop... they are adding coaster track to the concrete.. and then it will have banked curves.. it will be Rocket Rods 3.0 (2.0 mysteriously dissappeared when being tested.. it got up to 88 MPH and just vanished in fire...)

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by XterraceEmp
    Maybe they'll turn the people mover track into a planter with hanging plants/vegetation like they have in Epcot and tie it into the other vegetables in tomorrowland....or even better....make it a smoking platform for smokers.
    I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this idea, hanging vine like plans that fall over the edge of the cement structure, like a giant interconnected cement tree, it would add color, life and shade to the land. They should take a look at the planters that surround the UVA bar, because they are awesome examples of how it could look!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Darn...I was excited for a moment

The tracks will see something there again, but it's just not now. They do plan on it...they preserved the track in BLAB after all.

Matt's probably just trying to think of when the oppertune moment would be...and to see a decent enough concept for it before it gets put on the table.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

The tracks will see something there again, but it's just not now. They do plan on it...they preserved the track in BLAB after all.

Matt's probably just trying to think of when the oppertune moment would be...and to see a decent enough concept for it before it gets put on the table.
    While riding BLAB, can you see the track? Is there a glass opening like in the Star Tours queue? If so, where is it? Any photos?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

It would seem to me like the summer of 2007 would be a very oppertune moment. What are they going to do to keep up Disneylands momentum after the 50th? Well, new subs, new people mover, throw in a new ride in the motorboat cruise area, and a new 3d film.....New tomorrowland! It wouldn't be that hard for them to pull off!

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I've also heard that the Peoplemover track is a favorite make-out spot for Imagineers...
    EEEEEEYEW!!

Now I'm gonna have that image stuck in my head all night long!!

Oh, and BlueSkyDriveBy:

(thanks)
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    While riding BLAB, can you see the track? Is there a glass opening like in the Star Tours queue? If so, where is it? Any photos?
    Sadly no, but it was confirmed by someone official who was working on BLAB...I read it in another thread a while back. I'd try to find it, but it would be near to impossible since there are so many Peoplemover threads

And it most certainly would be oppertune...but I think the reason we haven't heard anything is because DCA needs so much work...

*hopes raised*

*hopes crushed*

ya.. thanks

• Banned User

they can still think of a thrill ride for this track! I just want somethibng up there! It feels less tomorrowy without it! But they cant tear it down! It wouls make tomorrowland look empty, like its missing something! You can see the ppl mover track in the Star Tours Queue? Anyone have pics of these? i think ive seen it but im not sure.

• Banned User

Wouldn't they start this after the subs and monorail projects were completed. They could finish the subs and then devote their undivided attention to another attraction on that track instead of trying to figure out how to fix the special effects for the subs while designing new peoplemover cars at the same time. It just seems to make more sense for them to start this type of project after the subs are finished.

• Banned User

Why not make it a time machine ride? The tunnels could take you back in time or into the future. A time machine is something we have not accomplished yet and it would be very good for tomorrowlands theme since it seems the theme has been becoming extinct over the years. It would be a nice injection of future into the land.

• Banned User

OMG Disneyfreak! Thats like the main theme of my TL, wait, nvm, its WW3, but the entrance icon is a time machine!(soon to come out for all the public to view, and WDI exects)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    OMG Disneyfreak! Thats like the main theme of my TL, wait, nvm, its WW3, but the entrance icon is a time machine!(soon to come out for all the public to view, and WDI exects)
    I sorely miss The Kingdom of the Dinosaurs at knotts and I really want a time machine ride again. I am fascinated with the going back in time and future concept. It would be the most appropriate ride for the land because you can't get anymore futuristic then a time machine. It would be even cooler if we could go back in time and see the old attractions in some areas to remember them like ATIS.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast