Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: Something GNU is coming to the Peoplemover track....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Why not make it a time machine ride? The tunnels could take you back in time or into the future. A time machine is something we have not accomplished yet and it would be very good for tomorrowlands theme since it seems the theme has been becoming extinct over the years. It would be a nice injection of future into the land.
    I have long thought it would be awesome to have a Jules Verne/HG Wells inspired time travel ride like the one they had at Knotts! Too bad they couldn't rework it run through the primevil world so you could see Dinosaurs and such...I would also say they would need to built interial monitors so the Professor Duck could guide you on your adventure through time.

• Banned User

Ohhh! This is making me want to tell! ill restrain myself, but i assure you there will be a time machine ride in my TL! I cant wait to release it to the public, the very few ppl I've released it to(the general public, not Disney fans) LOVED it, wait till you see it!

A time machine would be very cool, but I wonder how well the layout of the peoplemover tracks would work for such a concept...since it weaves in and out of buildings, you would have to keep returning to the time of TL.

P.S. I LOVED The Kingdom of the Dinosaurs!
    Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
    WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
    Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    A time machine would be very cool, but I wonder how well the layout of the peoplemover tracks would work for such a concept...since it weaves in and out of buildings, you would have to keep returning to the time of TL.

P.S. I LOVED The Kingdom of the Dinosaurs!
    They would have to build tunnels for some of the exposed areas of the ride. Yes RIP Kingdom of the Dinosaurs. That was the final straw with me never going to knotts again.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    You read my mind, Tom... That would be my first pick... I doubt that they would do it though as it is too high off the ground and some lawyer would say, someone will jump... Or throw stuff...
    The company still runs one at WDW. I rode it and it just about made me sick. Hence, spend money to lift cars and props up there and rebuild the elevator is wasted capital, IMHO.

As I've said before, I would tear out the track and create a new track to a new station in Fantasyland. I believe the best use for a Peoplemover in Disneyland is for it to actually take you somewhere instead of long-haul you around the park and drop you off where you left. It would, finally, fulfill it's purpose as transportation and serve to ease the burden of the missing Skyway buckets.

However, that's just what I would do if I was DLR president. What I expect Disney will actually do is demolish the entire thing, station and all, within some period of time.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Why not make it a time machine ride? The tunnels could take you back in time or into the future. A time machine is something we have not accomplished yet and it would be very good for tomorrowlands theme since it seems the theme has been becoming extinct over the years. It would be a nice injection of future into the land.
    Hmm...I've got some clean bedsheets and a movie projector...how about a tunnel where you enter and see a film speeding past you...I know...Superspeed Tunnel..Oh wait, they already did that once...

I, for one, enjoyed riding the Peoplemover...it was a nice, relaxing ride with some interesting views of Tomorrowland.

And, at least as they were conceived here, aren't such vehicles still a part of Tomorrowland? Or at least in SoCal, Fantasyland?

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• white and nerdy

hrm... Next time I go to Disneyland (this week) I'm going to take it upon myself to do something about the Peoplemover. I only have a couple hundred dollars, but I'm sure I can fix something up.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I've also heard that the Peoplemover track is a favorite make-out spot for Imagineers...
    Hahahahaha.

I was under the impression this work was to remove the tunnel for the Rocket Rods...(though having never done the Rocket Rods does someone want to share somemore light on this tunnel?) but who knows if this is that work.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    hrm... Next time I go to Disneyland (this week) I'm going to take it upon myself to do something about the Peoplemover. I only have a couple hundred dollars, but I'm sure I can fix something up.
    I can gather up some lost grocery carts and some large magnets and make some sorta maglev ride system. With your money and my supplies the possibilities are endless.
    I really do riding the Peoplemover. Yeah it was boring as a kid but when you get older its actually a good rest spot. No comment on the making out spot part. I truly hope they have some really good ideas for the track. But im guessing they would have to rebuild most of the colums due to the damage done by RR.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• With my wife....

I know I'm going to be drawn and quartered for saying this.... but here-goes....

I'd rather they brought back the Peoplemover than the Subs. I loved that ride, even as a kid!

Ok, commence flaming!

"I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    I know I'm going to be drawn and quartered for saying this.... but here-goes....

I'd rather they brought back the Peoplemover than the Subs. I loved that ride, even as a kid!

Ok, commence flaming!

No flame here. The peoplemover is in alot of people's heart.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Ya. It was a nice ride to put your feet up, relax, and never had any lines. Wait. Thats not the hallmark of a good attraction...

• For You!

As a kid, we rode the peoplemover a lot - because there usually wasn't a line for it!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Silly Bird?

Am I the only person to see the irony in having to go into a ride in the future so that we can return to the past? Isnt there enough past in the other lands at Disneyland? Universal needed a ride that could visit the past, and DCA might too, because the themes there were based in the present.

Lets think about the FUTURE! people. There has got to be something to put on that track that expands past the obvious Time Machine ride or People Mover rehash.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I just hope a new Tomorrowland is in store for 2007......
    A new Star Tours
    A New Monorail
    The new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    New Rocket Jets
    New PeopleMover
    New 3D Film
    No Rocks at entrance

The Whole shabang.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast