Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• For You!

Re: How much would you "represent" Disneyland on a trip to another Disney park?

I think you should just get a shirt that says I'd Rather Be at Disneyland - then maybe they'd notice!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Life is Great!

wear what you want. i wear things from other parks to DL as well. i have a sorcerer mickey hat from tokyo that i wore a couple times to DL, and i wear my paris disney jacket almost every day(hubby was in paris and got me a jacket but he didnt enter the park because going without me "would be wrong" - isnt that sweet!) i also got a real cool purple velvet tophat with glow in the dark cheshire cats on it at WDW at the outlet store on my honeymoon, i wore it to DL a few times as well, the only thing that happened was a few people asked me where i got it since they wanted one too, when i responded florida they were a little bummed.
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Should I take my Disneyland pride with me,
    You bet!!!!! Take it with you.

• Drunk On Disney

Loomis: I know next time I got I'm buying a silly hat and wearing it all day
    Always a good idea:

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• GO DBACKS!!

Hey Charlie, you've definately got it so FLAUNT IT!!!

JMHO

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Puppy Cuddles

Even though I never wear Disneyland or Disney gear to Disneyland (it's a freakish little obstinancy I have, but I do have a pair of Mickey khakis that are fairly non-descript and I'll wear making it not a full blown weirdness), I think that I might wear it to WDW. Egotistical? Maybe. But I'm always up to talking with other DL (or Disney in general) fanatics and if wearing the clothes there inspires conversations it should be fun. Especially if you have cool things like the Tiki Room shirt, you might get even better reactions.

And as for the going in "costume," I imagine that the Tiki Room shirt is basically a Hawaiian shirt with maybe the Tiki Room written on it somewhere (I need to go and look at some old pictures)? People wear Hawaiian shirts all the time. Tourists are famous for them. I doubt they'll stop you considering they probably sell something similar in the park.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Artsy Fartsy

Charlie show your love!! I would totally wear all my DL gear. Plus maybe a Micechat tee-shirt or pin.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Minion FOREVER!

Doesn't matter... take it all with you if you want!

Once I was wearing a DAK shirt in DL on Splash (right after it opened; I
    was lucky enough to go there within the first three months) and the two
    guys in front of me were talking about this "new Disney park in FL" and
    one guy said (pointing to me) "it's THAT!" Ended up having a nice chat to whittle away the time while we waited. :-)

I've often wear some DL stuff at WDW (I go once every two years or so)
    and some people invariably will come up to me and ask.
    My guess is that some (not a lot) more will ask since all those commercials for Disneyland's 50th were/are on the air.

BTW. my humble guess/feeling is that the DL pins get a slight premium at
    WDW. Anyway, that's the way it seems to me.

Have a great time, Circarama!

• Rock Star Minion

I wear my WDW sweatshirt at DL.
    But only if it's a bit cold.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Former Epcot CM

Yup, the 50th Disneyland pins are slightly more expensive. I bought a vintage/retro/whatever-you-call-it marquee pin (which to be fair is quite big) and a Fantasmic! (DL, not MGM) pin both in the new pin store/old jewellery store on Main Street.

Anyway, I was wearing my Golden Ears (bought in WDW so I don't know why this happened) at MGM and a CM at the animation attraction mentioned DL's 50th to me. He was very shocked when he heard my British accent. I got the impression he was surprised I even knew there were Disney parks outside of Florida. As if there aren't two in Paris. lol I'm such a geek!
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

When I went to WDW I was high on Disneyland pride since I went the week after July 17. On the trip I sported my Pirates of the Caribbean shirt, which, although understated, has a Disneyland logo on it.. I also sported my brown retro Disneyland shirt. I also wore my Disneyland "50" golden ears logo pin proudly on my messenger bag strap, for all of the World to see.

While I was at WDW, I picked up a retro-style Walt Disney World shirt, and a "Walt Disney Studios" shirt. I wear both of those occasionally to Disneyland now, my home park.

I see no reason not to represent, especially since its all Disney. However, I find it blasphemous of people to wear Six Flags, Universal Studios rain ponchos, or non-Disney character shirts to Disneyland. And I would never wear a Disneyland shirt to a non-Disney park. It just kind of seems sacreligious and/or rude to me.

But then again I'm one of those people that refuse to wear a shirt of the band you're going to see to their concert. I mean, we know that you like that band - you're at their concert... So why not show off another band you like since we already know you like the band you're seeing.
    its weird, cause I'm the total opposite when it comes to themeparks.

..and I think I may just be rambling now.. Someone stop me.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

I would so make a shirt that says I would rather be at Disneyland and wear it to WDW lol.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

In today's world, just about everyone wears t-shirts. Those t-shirts are very representative of where we have been, what we think, and what we like.

I have worn Chicago Cubs t-shirts at WDW, and been noticed. Sometimes people glance at a t-shirt and comment, and sometimes they just glance.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I'm going to WDW next week. It's my first time in 10 years. In that time I have come out of the Disneyland closet and have become a full-blown Disneyland fanatic.

I'm not really trying to be in anybody's face about my love for Disneyland... but it is my Park, after all. Besides any Disneyland fan knows that all the others are just a knock-off of the original, right?

I guess what I'm saying is this: Should I take my Disneyland pride with me, or leave it home in the closet?

What would you do?
    I guess I wonder... Why?

Why does it matter?

Clothes are clothes. Wear what you like.

I know a person who wears stuff apparently just to be noticed.

All depends on what you want, wear it or not.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    I know a person who wears stuff apparently just to be noticed.
    Well, my wife does call me a peacock, because I do like to wear the aloha shirts.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast