Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

How much would you "represent" Disneyland on a trip to another Disney park?

I'm going to WDW next week. It's my first time in 10 years. In that time I have come out of the Disneyland closet and have become a full-blown Disneyland fanatic.

Therefore, I have alot of Disneyland shirts and jackets that I like to wear when visiting my beloved Park.

My quandry is this: Should I pack for this trip like I do when I'm taking a trip to Disneyland... heavy on the Disneyland aloha shirts? Should I bring along that authentic Tiki Room Castmember shirt from the 1960's? Or what about my "50 Years of Magical Memories" leather jacket for those chilly evenings.

I'm not really trying to be in anybody's face about my love for Disneyland... but it is my Park, after all. Besides any Disneyland fan knows that all the others are just a knock-off of the original, right?

I guess what I'm saying is this: Should I take my Disneyland pride with me, or leave it home in the closet?

What would you do?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: How much would you "represent" Disneyland on a trip to another Disney park?

I say take it. I haven't been able to visit any of the other parks other than Disneyland but since I only collect Pins, I would definantly wear a lanyard FULL of "Disneyland" pins.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I'm one of those people who doesn't like to wear band shirts to a gig, so maybe I'm the wrong person to respond.

I'm sure you won't be alone if you "represent" while you are there. Who knows - you might spot a fellow traveler doing the same!

I know next time I got I'm buying a silly hat and wearing it all day (my girlfriend is preparing to disown me).
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Basking in birthday love

I would, but that's because a large chunk of my casual wardrobe consists of Disneyland shirts, so I wouldn't really have a choice, haha.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• A Pirate's life for me!

How about a MiceChat one?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Take what you want! Honestly, I doubt if many people will notice that you have on a Disneyland vs. Disney World t-shirt. I know I don't notice WDW shirts here at home.

On second thought, PirateMickey has the right idea.... a MiceChat shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I don't know how much you'll impress anyone. All three Disneyland shirts I wore around WDW didn't prompt much response, and when I did try bringing it up in conversation a few times the CMs there thought I was from the east coast and showing off a souveneir I got from my big trip out west to Disneyland.

They just tend to not pay attention to the goings-on at Disneyland over there, even the ones who are into Disney parks. One CM there I met did "get" the magic of the parks but practically dropped his jaw when I shared the TL98 story about what happened when the team that brought us DCA decided to mess around with Walt Disney's Tomorrowland. He simply never knew about the Rods or Space being painted mustard.

• white and nerdy

Representing Disneyland at Disney World is all fine and good, but I HAVE to represent Disneyland at other theme parks like Knotts or Six Flags.

I'm gonna make a shirt that says, "Disneyland is WAY better than this place"
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Now that I think about it...

If you wear every piece of Disneyland clothing you have AT THE SAME TIME, you'll probably get noticed. People will know exactly where you are coming from, and be like all "Dude, that's THE Disneyland Dude".
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I'd say pack it all, but I don't think many people will really notice a big difference. If it's what you would normally wear, why change now? Of course, I do like the idea of throwing a MiceChat shirt or two in there

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Banned User

A thought...

Do not wear a Disney CM costume into a theme park. It may be old, but it might look like something they currently use - or be seen as a poor attempt to look like the cast. Either way, security wont like you if they can tell it's a costume.

On the actual point.. Why?!?! If you want to bring Disney stuff, cool beans. But "representing" Disneyland at WDW?

Dear Lord, lose the ego you little Napoleons. I swear i'm going to hire a busload of brazilian tourists to goto DLR en masse wearing retro-Epcot clothing one day just to show you how tackey and uselesly confrontational this sort of thing is.

• Banned User

I've really thought this out...

Their bus will be covered in an ad for Illuminations, their vanity plate will be the Test Track one, and they'll have a Mission: SPACE bumper sticker.

Everyone will be wearing Figment hats (the Epcot version of mouse ears) and drinking their beverage from plastic souvenier cups shaped like Spaceship Earth (facets and all!) that they wear around their necks on lanyards that say Epcot with every country's flag.

From there, they'll be split into groups based on theme. Some folks will be sporting the World Showcase counties clothing - i'll send them to adventureland. Folks with Living Seas stuff will purposely stand outside the sub lagoon and talk about how our ride is opening first. The Test Track folks will ride the autopia while chanting "Let's get a thermal image!" and 12 people will be required to wear the only Soarin' shirt WDW ever sold and stand outside it in DCA going "Where's the food court and the boat ride? Where's the neon!?! This palce sucks! I miss Epcot!"

• Clearing my Calendar

No one's going to diss you for wearing DL clothing to WDW, if that's what you're getting at. It's Disney and, assuming anyone even notices what you're wearing, they'll feel like you're pretty lucky to be able to visit both locations!

That's the kind of treatment I got when I wore my, albeit simple and unassuming, WDW sweatshirt at DL.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    I'm gonna make a shirt that says, "Disneyland is WAY better than this place"
    I would so wear that!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Circle of Ancients

I've worn shirts from other parks to DL and shirts from DL to other parks. I don't really think it matters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast