Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink Give Disney Money?

Question: If Disney were in need of a major overhaul and could not afford it on their own, and they asked guests in and out of the park for donations...... would you contribute?
    yes or no
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Give Disney Money?

I'd chip in a few bucks if they would let me stay overnight.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

You get NO freebies or immediate results....... just " Give us your money to fix this place up" ........ thos are the limitations
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• A Pirate's life for me!

We would. As long as it was for something that we agreed with (under those terms).

In a way, we do already, with the stock that we have.

• done

Nope, because it would be illegal since they cannot accept donations. They're not a charity.

pretend you are not a shareholder and average Jose on the street, would you do it if you got no demands and no immediate results?

CStephens you are right! I am asking this question to prove a point to a friend of mine..... so please answer honestly....
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Circle of Ancients

Yes... I would. If Disneyland needed fixin`, I would help them out with it, especially if it was in desperate need...

• no flash photography...

no

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I've just got this image of a guy in a Mickey suit rattling a tin can outside of the gates.

"Rides for the poor! Rides for the poor!"

I'd probably chip in a few pennies if I could afford it at the time, as I honestly believe that the place is a positive one that provides positive collective feelings to all inside.

Mind you, I reckon they could achieve the same end by upping ticket prices a few bucks. I'd be willing to handle that too.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WaltsFavorite02
    Question: If Disney were in need of a major overhaul and could not afford it on their own, and they asked guests in and out of the park for donations...... would you contribute?
    yes or no
    Walt'sFavorite: I appreciate the spirit in which you pose this question. But we're dealing with a huge multi--national conglomerate here...a giant in the entertertainment industry.

And people are already paying top dollar for everything from parking, to admission, attractions, 2.80 for a small coke, 2.80 for a churro, merchandise, etc...

If they can't maintain and improve their parks with the kinds of revenue streams they have...I might say there's something wrong in the management structure.

There has been for years, of course, and they're working on turning that around.

I would simply say..."no".

Submitted with respect for the concern about the park I grew up in -

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Barry.... thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! I was asking this question to illustrate to a friend that it would not work out.... please do not think I was under the impression that such a scheme would work... you gave me the answer I was looking for and I thank you SO much......
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Uhmm don't send money to corporations unless you're buying something.

Otherwise just go through the McDonald Drive thru in your local neighborhood and say to the manager, here's $50 bucks, go to Depot and get yourself some new flowers for the landscaping.

• Minion

As if Disney hasn't already taken enough money from my wallet...

lol. Well to be honest, if Disney were in need of a major overhaul, I would say I've already given my part just by paying for things I already have around the DLR and other Disney stuffs. It's Disney's choice as to how that money is spent.

Sorry if I sound selfish, but really, the money just for our family to renew annual passes over the years makes my head swim!

• that's right!

If Disneyland had been sold to a non-profit organization and was deemed a historical landmark and they needed donations to keep it running, sure.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I like the historical landmark approach it and I are approaching historical can I get donations too? Seriously the first key would be selling off ABC, the Disney Channel , trimming the top heavy board and upper mgmt, and all the other vast holdings that the Disney Co has and reinvesting in the original landmark. If all that failed I woudl consider making a donation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast