Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the AZ desert
    Posts
    23

    Question Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Is the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 by invitation only? What does someone do to get to be there? Any info would be great.

  2. #2

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,226
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    I think anyone is welcome to it, you just have to get there around four in the morning.


  3. #3

    • there's always my way...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Seal Beach, Disneyland and most anywhere
    Posts
    1,940

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Is the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 by invitation only? What does someone do to get to be there? Any info would be great.
    I believe its CM's and friends/family only, again i think but I do know the movie viewing is by invite. Ill find out more later as it gets closer to July.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

  4. #4

    • Jerm is Food...Not Friend
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Posts
    911

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    No it will be by invite only. I am sure All things Disney will be giving away tickets (i.e. RadioDisney, ABC, ESPN, Disney.com). But the only thing you will get by showing up that day is the chance to see a red carpet down Main St. USA and a chance to see the park close at 5 that day.

    J
    Kungaloosh!

    *END OF LINE*

  5. #5

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Nothing offical about the premire has been announced yet.

    Last time the red carpet walk was open to the public, but not the movie showing on TSI. With the increased popularity since the first movie, I don't think we can say for sure if the public will be allowed to the red carpet walk or not. But they certainly won't be able to stay in the park to watch the movie in NOS.

    I will say that if you stay tuned to the news section of MiceChat, we'll have something there the moment its confirmed. (I apologize for the shameless plug. Well, not really).

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Further proof that it's not what you know, it's who you know.


  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,690

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah
    I believe its CM's and friends/family only, again i think but I do know the movie viewing is by invite. Ill find out more later as it gets closer to July.
    Last time, it was ABC invite only, and even CMs were escorted to Big Thunder Ranch to wait for the movie to be over.

    BUT, you can probably get a seat along Main Street to watch the celebs show up.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  8. #8

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Is the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 by invitation only? What does someone do to get to be there? Any info would be great.
    As with most premieres, invitation only from studio, agencies, etc. . Small percentage of passes to contesting (national & local). Main Street will serve for 'public viewing' of red carpet arrivals and credentialed media coverage.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  9. #9

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    As with most premieres, invitation only from studio, agencies, etc. . Small percentage of passes to contesting (national & local). Main Street will serve for 'public viewing' of red carpet arrivals and credentialed media coverage.
    D - Have you got this from one of your sources, or is this an intelligent guess? I'm not trying to be snarky, honestly. I just want to seperate confirmed info from seculation.

    That being said, if you're getting this info from one of your sources, I'll take it as gospel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  10. #10

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    D - Have you got this from one of your sources, or is this an intelligent guess? I'm not trying to be snarky, honestly. I just want to seperate confirmed info from seculation.

    That being said, if you're getting this info from one of your sources, I'll take it as gospel.
    Source(s) word as of last Thursday and experience. There are far more elements involved this time so alot more publicity planning and Studio Special Events concerns and changes.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  11. #11

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Source(s) word as of last Thursday and experience. There are far more elements involved this time so alot more publicity planning and Studio Special Events concerns and changes.
    Great news!

    My daughter has been wondering if we'll be able to camp out on Main Street to get a glimpse of Johnny Depp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  12. #12

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Great news!

    My daughter has been wondering if we'll be able to camp out on Main Street to get a glimpse of Johnny Depp.
    Hope she'll get the chance, every girl should. He'll probably be the least of the event staff's concerns throughout, the invited "horror show guests" and battling media outlets are always the most hassle.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  13. #13

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Hope she'll get the chance, every girl should. He'll probably be the least of the event staff's concerns throughout, the invited "horror show guests" and battling media outlets are always the most hassle.
    Horror show guests???

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  14. #14

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Horror show guests???
    ...of the "don't-you-know-who-I-am"-variety....
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Downey,Ca
    Posts
    701

    Re: Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Questions

    On the cast member portal it says Premiere of POTC Movie will be on June 24th and will be invitation only. It was posted today, I am sure we will get updated in the coming months. As far as I know the park will be closed at 1700. The hours of operation will be 0800 to 1700. DCA will extend the hours to 2300. Will check again...I could be wrong. Thats is what they posted.
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
  2. Pirates of the Caribbean 3 Red Carpet Premiere Video
    By ManaByte in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM
  4. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
  5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Premiere
    By MAT(sexymatt) in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 10:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •