Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mr. Ray show building

So according to Al today, the building being built in the sub lagoon will house Mr. Ray. I know there has been some kind of discussion on boards here wondering how all the people will get to see characters in their entirety as we pass by in the sub. It would seem as if the people in the front of the sub would get to see the beginning of Mr. Ray's spiel, while the people in the back would get to see the end. While this may end up being true (great reason for repeatability, you gotta sit in different seats to see different parts of the ride lol), I was wondering if they might end up stopping the sub completely in the Mr. Ray show building, and project him into each of the different windows, so everyone could see everything. The sub would then begin to move again and go into the main showbuilding as normal. If you have one sub loading guests, one on its way to Mr. Ray's building, and one sitting in the building, it shouldnt be much of a factor in terms of rider capacity. What do you guys think? Might this be possible?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Mr. Ray show building

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    So according to Al today, the building being built in the sub lagoon will house Mr. Ray. I know there has been some kind of discussion on boards here wondering how all the people will get to see characters in their entirety as we pass by in the sub. It would seem as if the people in the front of the sub would get to see the beginning of Mr. Ray's spiel, while the people in the back would get to see the end. While this may end up being true (great reason for repeatability, you gotta sit in different seats to see different parts of the ride lol), I was wondering if they might end up stopping the sub completely in the Mr. Ray show building, and project him into each of the different windows, so everyone could see everything. The sub would then begin to move again and go into the main showbuilding as normal. If you have one sub loading guests, one on its way to Mr. Ray's building, and one sitting in the building, it shouldnt be much of a factor in terms of rider capacity. What do you guys think? Might this be possible?
    Interesting idea!!! I think something like that just might be possible. Like you pointed out, it could work nicely with loading/unloading the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Defeats the Huns

How many can sit in one sub? I remember the attraction when I was kid but I can't remember how many people it held. the line for this attraction is going to be LOOOOOONG isn't it?

• All you need is LOVE

I cant wait to see subs back at the park

• Banned User

I feel sad that I won't be able to go on this ride Mr Ray was a cool dude in the movie.

It would seem as if the people in the front of the sub would get to see the beginning of Mr. Ray's spiel, while the people in the back would get to see the end.
    I doubt that the spiel, if there is one, will have a beginning OR an end. It will probably just "loop", like the auctioneer's speech/interactions in "Pirates". I'm picturing everything in this ride just kind of "looping", with the audio being transmitted to the sub's interior, as opposed to the independent narration like in the old version. And of course, everything will have to be built twice, for the two sides of the sub. (including the projectors).

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen
    I doubt that the spiel, if there is one, will have a beginning OR an end. It will probably just "loop", like the auctioneer's speech/interactions in "Pirates". I'm picturing everything in this ride just kind of "looping", with the audio being transmitted to the sub's interior, as opposed to the independent narration like in the old version. And of course, everything will have to be built twice, for the two sides of the sub. (including the projectors).
    I don't remember anything about the subs (I was too young). Was it the same on both sides?

Also, can someone draw a rough diagram of the sub track? I am having an incredibly hard time picturing what it looks like under the autopia.

• Misses Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    I don't remember anything about the subs (I was too young). Was it the same on both sides?

Also, can someone draw a rough diagram of the sub track? I am having an incredibly hard time picturing what it looks like under the autopia.
    Yes it was the same on both sides. I would like to say the subs held between 30-40 people?!? I remember them holding alot, but I was smaller then so I could be wrong.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

If I was a kid and I way Mr. Ray or Nemo on both sides of the subs I would be like "HUH ? How are they on both sides theres two of them. Daddy!!" Man I can hear my daughter now.. Hahaha or Im hoping that the projections will be choreograph so that the swim around the whole sub and then they repeat the loop. Kinda of a feeling that they are swimming around the sub. That would be awesome.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    I feel sad that I won't be able to go on this ride Mr Ray was a cool dude in the movie.
    Why wont you be able to go on it?

Wait wait wait I thought we had just decided in the other post that this building was the new loading station!!!! We need to stop changing our minds!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't see the need for looping audio or stopping entirely. There were specific scenes in the old attraction and the continuous motion and single audio was fine.

• "Roast Duck"

Smile Re: Mr. Ray show building

unless...they do something a la Mr. Lincoln...with digital headphones that are sync'ed up with the part of the ride you are at...not sure how this would work...i am sure they can figure something out...this way the headphones are sensored to where you are at when you are passing each show scene...

I think this would work...plus it would have great sound...I love the mr. lincoln headsets they have...everything sounds so real and it makes you feel like you are interacting with the scenes...they could totally make good sound effects for finding nemo!
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• Minion

Using headphones is an intriguing idea. The logic behind it would be that submarine voyagers need to put on headphones in order "to hear the fish talk," with the most futuristicly futuristic technology (to justify the attraction being in TL) that can interpret oceanlife sound into english.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    Using headphones is an intriguing idea. The logic behind it would be that submarine voyagers need to put on headphones in order "to hear the fish talk," with the most futuristicly futuristic technology (to justify the attraction being in TL) that can interpret oceanlife sound into english.
    "Are they supposed to be all wet?" That was the question a lady asked at MGM while I was there at the start of Sounds Dangerous. I just don't like the idea of wearing somebody else's headphones. I still don't see what was so wrong with the original presentation.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    They did that when I went on a submarine voyage in Hawaii- was great! Heard everything and the sub was long- possible idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast