Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Saw DL Fantasmic for the first time on my last trip

This show utterly put the WDW version to shame. The WDW version now appears to be a sick joke to me. From the cheesy and cheap looking boat floats to the useless Pocahontas scene. Pocahontas?!?!

Not the best pics, I know. Loved the show though.

My cast member friend told me to go into the River Belle seating area and stand on the elevated portion of the gated off section...it's in the rear left portion of that area if you are facing the river. I got there while the show had just started and still had a great view with no crowding problems...good advice.

-Jeff from Houston

-J

Subscribe or listen to The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Real Life Audio Adventures in the Parks

Click for a Short Promo

You Don't Need an IPOD - Anyone Can Listen - Download the MP3 or listen right over the website for FREE!!
    http://www.meanderingmouse.com

OR...Search for "disney" within the ITunes podcast directory and subscribe there!!

The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Streams of Consciousness from the Happiest Place on Earth!

• Needs the smell of summer

Re: Saw DL Fantasmic for the first time on my last trip

Absolutely! The DL version blows Florida's out of the water!

• Defeats the Huns

Another point for Disneyland's version! what is that now? DL: 39394283, WDW: 0. haha.

It just makes me real worried with rumors that management wants a new version of Fantasmic! ahhh! I hope they've reconsidered that horrible idea!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I'd never want fantasmic to change besides a couple new scenes maybe, and new effects..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I'd never want fantasmic to change besides a couple new scenes maybe, and new effects..
    this statment is kind of funny to me. "I dont' want it to change except for the parts that change"

seriously though, I know what you mean.

Oh.. and I'm afraid that you need to add a 1 to the people who perfer WDW's version.

The boat may not look as neat (I think it's a great tribute to Steamboat Willy) but I HATE sitting on freakin' cobblestone for three hours.

but that's just me.

I've gotten a "What the hell are you talking about" from saying this before. What can I say? better is a relative term.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Senior Minion

Actually meandering mouse, that pic of the Mark Twain is quite different, and very unique. I have never seen a shot like that.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    this statment is kind of funny to me. "I dont' want it to change except for the parts that change"

seriously though, I know what you mean.

Oh.. and I'm afraid that you need to add a 1 to the people who perfer WDW's version.

The boat may not look as neat (I think it's a great tribute to Steamboat Willy) but I HATE sitting on freakin' cobblestone for three hours.

but that's just me.

I've gotten a "What the hell are you talking about" from saying this before. What can I say? better is a relative term.

good you know what I mean But basically what I mean is, leave everything, and maybe add too it, but not so it's like super long... just a few more things.. I'd like to see a dance number at some point..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• that's right!

how hard is it to get into the florida one? i mean, how long before the show should you be there for good seats?

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    how hard is it to get into the florida one? i mean, how long before the show should you be there for good seats?
    Official answer: you should arrive at least two hours before showtime.

Reality answer: I've showed up five minutes before on a sold out day and got a seat. Really all the seats are good seats there. It's a huge stadium type deal.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• ...TWO BITS!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...127#post532127

Couldn't resist putting this thread up again. It's show additions I think could work with a new or upgraded F! show.

I think I sparked an interest in F! on these boards... I've been seeing more of them lately...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• that's right!

Official answer: you should arrive at least two hours before showtime.

Reality answer: I've showed up five minutes before on a sold out day and got a seat. Really all the seats are good seats there. It's a huge stadium type deal.
    Oh wow. I'd probably like WDW's better. Fantasmic doesn't do anything for me reguarly, but the 3-hour wait with no real seating and the massive crowds makes me actively dislike the show. If I could get there 5 minutes early and actually have a seat, I'd maybe try to see it, but now when F! is playing it's more of an annoyance (no nighttime Mark Twain rides) than anything.

• Banned User

There is no problem with finding an area to stand for Disneyland's fantasmic. You just have to know where to look. If you go where the Haunted Mansion is and go down the stairs there is usually room to go there at the last min and you get a great view. The area I am talking about is where you board the tom sawyers island boats.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Wink Re: Saw DL Fantasmic for the first time on my last trip

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I'd like to see a dance number at some point..
    So dancing flourescent monkeys aren't good enough for you?
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• white and nerdy

Disneyland Fantasmic fans and Disney World fantasmic fans may have their differences, but one thing I think we can all agree on is the Dancing Monkeys rock.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Heck yah they do!! I love the beat at that part. I always fake like I am playing the bongos when the monkeys dance!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast