Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain Eo

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Captain Eo

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Question: What's the story about?... I'm confused.
    Watch the posted video. It's only 17 minutes.

I just watched the video at YouTube. I see now exactly why I wasn't upset with it leaving, like with the Subs. I know exactly why I saw it every time I went to Disneyland, my aunts are Michael Jackson fans. I find HISTA more entertaining. Not an amazing difference, but HISTA over EO for me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Watch the posted video. It's only 17 minutes.

I just watched the video at YouTube. I see now exactly why I wasn't upset with it leaving, like with the Subs. I know exactly why I saw it every time I went to Disneyland, my aunts are Michael Jackson fans. I find HISTA more entertaining. Not an amazing difference, but HISTA over EO for me.
    Lol, I did! I still don't get it.

Question: What's the story about?... I'm confused.
    Captain EO and his Crew are on a mission to bring down an evil Alien Queen and bring freedom to her dark desolate world of despair.
    Last edited by Tom319; 03-22-2006 at 10:53 PM.

• Banned User

^oK, SO WHY DOES HE ZAP EVERYONE? AND THEY TURN INTO DANCING PEOPLE?

^oK, SO WHY DOES HE ZAP EVERYONE? AND THEY TURN INTO DANCING PEOPLE?
    I guess to liberate them from the Evil Queens spell, but more importantly to perform a great 3D dance number.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Yeah. MJ is freeing them. I still remember always freakin out whenever those alien claws popped out at me!

With EO, it takes you to another time and place. With HISTA, you in the same time and place. You go nowhere. And HISTA was already a couple years old in EPCOT when they brought it to TL '98. And yet another clone. Now, if a TRON attraction were to be the next 3D film, I think would be neat. TRON wouldn't have to necessaryily stay with any time period. And it takes you to "cyber-space".

OFF TOPIC: I still think a "TRON: A CYBER-SPACE QUEST" would be cool. An ENCOM scientist/AA have guests come to his lab/ chamber (theater). Where the announcer usually is, fix that up for the scientist's computer station. Then on screen, the shrink ray (homage to HISTA) zaps you into the Cyber World. The background is the ENCOM lab/factory. Perhaps on a desk, you see a model of Captain EO's spaceship. So the whole digital presentation will be new. No recycled clips from the actually movie, because it looks 1980's compared to today. So once you arrive, you encounter the GUARDS who want to take you prisoner. And the theater is blacklit to expose "circuits" along the walls, ceilings, and floor. But PROGRAMS come to save you. Then help them on their quest with challenges from the movie, scrapped concepts, and new concepts. Haven't thought of what the quest could be. Could probably still use the same in theater effects and new effects. Maybe see real lasers blasting around you. Strobe lights to represent "circuit breaks/sparks". I think the only character from the movie to be in this attraction is TRON. At the end, your transported back to the real world where the screen displays "END OF LINE".

Then again, I think this seems too similar to T2:3D...

I have much confidence in a TRON attraction. Disney already made a video game sequel to the film, comic book, and putting it in Kingdom Hearts 2. (I think it's the sequel...) And the merchanising for the attraction would be cool to put in the store next to StarCade. You know, costumes, hats, pins, DVD, video games, toys, CD, etc.

TRON CONTENT: http://youtube.com/results?search=tr...levance&page=1
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-23-2006 at 12:00 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

was it a 3D show?

• ...TWO BITS!

was it a 3D show?
    Yes.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

^O cool, sad I missed it =[

Not too long ago, in a thread about DL being open 24 hrs a day, I posted this about my capt. EO experience. Some of you might remember the opening:

Back many years ago, when I was in high school, Disneyland had a promo for the opening of Captain Eo. They opened Friday and didn't close until Sunday night.

So our plan : Go noon on Sat, stay all night and as long as we could Sunday. We'd see EO in the middle of the night when the line would be shorter. We would take "no-dose" you get at 7-11 when needed.

So - we saw EO after about 1.5 hour wait. Slept a bit in the restaurant next to Casey Jr. Took the no-dose around 3am. It kept me up alright, but coming down was HARD. We ended up leaving around noon Sunday, and I still remember the ride home. Friend went to sleep and I had the radio up and window open trying to stay up. I did, but just barely!

It's the most tired I've ever been, and it was an awful last few hours. But heh, I've got my EO t-shirt! ;-)

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    ^ Yeah. MJ is freeing them. I still remember always freakin out whenever those alien claws popped out at me!

With EO, it takes you to another time and place. With HISTA, you in the same time and place. You go nowhere. And HISTA was already a couple years old in EPCOT when they brought it to TL '98. And yet another clone. Now, if a TRON attraction were to be the next 3D film, I think would be neat. TRON wouldn't have to necessaryily stay with any time period. And it takes you to "cyber-space".

OFF TOPIC: I still think a "TRON: A CYBER-SPACE QUEST" would be cool. An ENCOM scientist/AA have guests come to his lab/ chamber (theater). Where the announcer usually is, fix that up for the scientist's computer station. Then on screen, the shrink ray (homage to HISTA) zaps you into the Cyber World. The background is the ENCOM lab/factory. Perhaps on a desk, you see a model of Captain EO's spaceship. So the whole digital presentation will be new. No recycled clips from the actually movie, because it looks 1980's compared to today. So once you arrive, you encounter the GUARDS who want to take you prisoner. And the theater is blacklit to expose "circuits" along the walls, ceilings, and floor. But PROGRAMS come to save you. Then help them on their quest with challenges from the movie, scrapped concepts, and new concepts. Haven't thought of what the quest could be. Could probably still use the same in theater effects and new effects. Maybe see real lasers blasting around you. Strobe lights to represent "circuit breaks/sparks". I think the only character from the movie to be in this attraction is TRON. At the end, your transported back to the real world where the screen displays "END OF LINE".

Then again, I think this seems too similar to T2:3D...

I have much confidence in a TRON attraction. Disney already made a video game sequel to the film, comic book, and putting it in Kingdom Hearts 2. (I think it's the sequel...) And the merchanising for the attraction would be cool to put in the store next to StarCade. You know, costumes, hats, pins, DVD, video games, toys, CD, etc.

TRON CONTENT: http://youtube.com/results?search=tr...levance&page=1
    I would love to see that. I'm a big Tron fan, and it does appear to be making a bit of a comeback. (The idea of a Tron level in KH2, which I just preordered , fills me with disproportionate glee.) I think that would be a perfect fit. HISTA needs to be euthanized.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12